ADVERTISEMENT

997 wins for Stringer

MGSA99

All American
Jan 15, 2002
Shouldn’t we have a countdown to 1000 since the team is on fire again?

15 more wins this season would be quite a feat.

Well, let's see. 4 games left in OOC, all of which look winnable, particularly since they're all at home. 16 conference games. 15-5 (which would be 11-5 in the B1G if they win all of the OOC games) would be something of an accomplishment, I suppose. But that doesn't count conference tournament or NCAA games. If the team is as good as it looks most nights, there's probably at least one conference tournament win, too, and 10-6 in the B1G doesn't seem that crazy.

Well, on a different note, she's already eclipsed the win total from last year.

Reactions: Tango Two
Shouldn’t we have a countdown to 1000 since the team is on fire again?
What a difference a year makes. Even If it doesn’t happen this season, it is amazing that we’re now in a position to have this conversation. It seems that there was at least one thread per week last season questioning whether she could EVER get to 1000. Kudos to Hobbs for recognizing the potential for a strong turnaround.

What a difference a year makes. Even If it doesn’t happen this season, it is amazing that we’re now in a position to have this conversation. It seems that there was at least one thread per week last season questioning whether she could EVER get to 1000. Kudos to Hobbs for recognizing the potential for a strong turnaround.

Just listened to her post game. Frankly glad to hear her sound so happy (or should I say content. as much as CVS can be content lol) vs. how she sounded last year.
Not wanting to get ahead here but keep this up and she could be National COY imo.
(and I'll be happy to eat the crow.very happy)...

I think a great story would be CVS going for and getting win #1000 against Iowa in RU's final home game (IIRC) this season. That would be so fitting as most of the 1000 wins were gained at those two schools.

The B1G, as usual, doesn't do RU any favors with the schedule. Each team plays just 3 other teams twice and the rest once. I believe that RU has home-and-homes with Ohio State and Maryland, the two top-rated teams in the conference at this point. The other is against Purdue, whom we've already defeated but still must visit.

I think a great story would be CVS going for and getting win #1000 against Iowa in RU's final home game (IIRC) this season. That would be so fitting as most of the 1000 wins were gained at those two schools.

The B1G, as usual, doesn't do RU any favors with the schedule. Each team plays just 3 other teams twice and the rest once. I believe that RU has home-and-homes with Ohio State and Maryland, the two top-rated teams in the conference at this point. The other is against Purdue, whom we've already defeated but still must visit.
We only play OSU once. We get Purdue, Penn State and Maryland home and away. I think Maryland is much more vulnerable this year than in the last several years.

I also was looking at the schedule trying to determine when CVS could be shooting for victory #1000. It does look like it could come down to the final few regular season games (Iowa at home; Northwestern on the road) or in the B1G Tournament in Indianapolis.

Thanks for the correction - I was relying on memory when I wrote that. Too bad the OSU game is in Columbus. A sweep against PSU would be a good boost toward 1000 and at least a split against UMd would also help. Have we defeated them since both schools joined the B1G?

One thing I haven't seen discussed so far - and I hope I have this correctly - CVS will be the first African-American basketball coach - male or female - to reach 1000 wins. That makes her achievement even more special.

We only play OSU once. We get Purdue, Penn State and Maryland home and away. I think Maryland is much more vulnerable this year than in the last several years.

I also was looking at the schedule trying to determine when CVS could be shooting for victory #1000. It does look like it could come down to the final few regular season games (Iowa at home; Northwestern on the road) or in the B1G Tournament in Indianapolis.

FWIW, Realtime RPI is projecting a 25-5 record, 13-3 in conference. (road losses to Purdue, Maryland, OSU) That would put win #23 on the road at Wisconsin.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_161_Women.html

Of course, so much can happen between now and then.

Would love for it to be when Michigan comes to town on 2/4, since that would mean we'd be 23-2 with an 18 game winning streak with wins @Maryland and vs. Michigan. :) Dare to dream!

Reactions: dmd78
"Realtime RPI is projecting a 25-5 record, 13-3 in conference."
Who'd have thunk that rosy outlook before this season started.
:cool2:

Reactions: Scarletwoman
"Realtime RPI is projecting a 25-5 record, 13-3 in conference."
Who'd have thunk that rosy outlook before this season started.
:cool2:
Possibly Coach Stringer. She has been uncharacteristically optimistic and rosy since the pre-season. She knows that she has something special.

To be honest, I was just hoping for a winning season. I’m so happy to be wrong.

Just updated the thread showing that if Rutgers wins out - Win 1000 would come on 2/4 against Michigan at home.

ADVERTISEMENT