ADVERTISEMENT

A ceremony to symbolize the placement of the final piece of structural steel in the APC / Today 1pm.

From the above picture, What's going in that empty space to the left of the steel structure?

From the above picture, What's going in that empty space to the left of the steel structure?
I was wondering that myself. When you look at the original pictures for the building it is much wider and you can see the footings/foundation wall is there for something.

Is that the parking deck behind it (1/2 of it) near the RAC and if so....where is the rest of the facility? Or is that 1/2 out front the whole training portion ....if so, way smaller than it originally looked as half the building per the renderings is missing.

Last edited:
I was wondering that myself. When you look at the original pictures for the building it is much wider and you can see the footings/foundation wall is there for something.

Is that the parking deck behind it (1/2 of it) near the RAC and if so....where is the rest of the facility? Or is that 1/2 out front the whole training portion ....if so, way smaller than it originally looked as half the building per the renderings is missing.

Yes, it does look like a concrete foundation to the left of the steel structure.

Yes, the portion with the steel looks like half of the total footprint of the renderings. The empty upper left is where I believe the parking deck is supposed to go but is basically untouched. But the empty section in lower left where you see a concrete outline was supposed to be part of the actual building I thought so I’m a little baffled by the current structure and hullabaloo about the ‘topping off’ when it appears that only half of the footprint is accounted for. For any reporter who has seen the rendering it seems to me it would’ve been an obvious question to ask someone about.

Last edited:
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Yes, the portion with the steel looks like half of the total footprint of the renderings. The empty upper left is where I believe the parking deck is supposed to go but is basically untouched. But the empty section in lower left where you see a concrete outline was supposed to be part of the actual building I thought so I’m a little baffled by the current structure and hullabaloo about the ‘topping off’ when it appears that only half of the footprint is accounted for. For any reporter who has seen the rendering it seems to be it would’ve been an obvious question to ask someone about.
I think the bottom part is part of the building, and the parking deck may not go on until later, in that empty spot you're talking about...

I think the bottom part is part of the building, and the parking deck may not go on until later, in that empty spot you're talking about...
No doubt. I don’t know anything about construction. Just seemed weird that we were having a big ceremony about such a milestone when it appears that only half of the total footprint was actually being “topped off”.

Is that extra parking to make it easier for the games?
Basically, I think the parking deck was just the legal justification that Senator Ray Lesniak found to get the tax credit to jumpstart the project. Of course, you can never have enough parking so it works for games and the campus too.

Reactions: dkostus
interesting there will be an image of NJ on the RAC bball floor...wonder if how OSU and other state U's have done it, as a silouette (with the R at center court)...

Really? Then why have a topping off ceremony for the last piece of steel?
The topping off was for the RWJ Athletic Performance Center, the area to the left being worked on now is just a parking deck, would you really want a ceremony for the topping off of a parking deck?

Reactions: sct1111
The topping off was for the RWJ Athletic Performance Center, the area to the left being worked on now is just a parking deck, would you really want a ceremony for the topping off of a parking deck?
The upper left is definitely a parking deck. I did not think the lower left was part of the parking deck.

Reactions: soundcrib
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT