ADVERTISEMENT

A Different Take

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
I don't now and never felt that Seton Hall was awful. When they get the big guy back,they could be .500 in conference and will knock off a few decent teams in league making it a Quad 2 loss.Steve had a blueprint for Indiana and Sha may have put one on the table against Rutgers. I agree with Hawk that Simpson needs more minutes and Spencer fewer, especially against athletic guards. Rutgers will beat an Ohio State or Michigan,or both and then lose to Penn State or Nebraska.Still a 10 or so seed.

The difference between 10-6 and 7-9 in the NFL is usually razor thin.

The same can be said for us. 24 real games

7 we will win going away (Indiana)
5 we will lose going away (Temple)
12 will depend on execution in the last 3 or 4 possessions in the game.

No one should have any real conviction how things will end.
We have 1 loss because officials missed a call
We have 1 loss because we missed an insane amount of layups
We have 1 loss because of a ridiculous, off the charts bad offensive day (with credit to SHU, but still)

Going to be real interesting to see where we go from here.

I don't now and never felt that Seton Hall was awful. When they get the big guy back,they could be .500 in conference and will knock off a few decent teams in league making it a Quad 2 loss.Steve had a blueprint for Indiana and Sha may have put one on the table against Rutgers. I agree with Hawk that Simpson needs more minutes and Spencer fewer, especially against athletic guards. Rutgers will beat an Ohio State or Michigan,or both and then lose to Penn State or Nebraska.Still a 10 or so seed.

3 losses to schools with pulses OOC does not bode well. Temple is not a good team. We have now set up the same scenario as last season of having to thread the needle needing to have a very good conference season....11-9 at minimum. We ABSOLUTELY must bounce back with a win over Wake Forest and then there are still two potential landmines after that in Bucknell and Coppin State.

Scoring 43 in a game at home and only 17 in a half shows there is a big problem right now. I do agree that SHU probably sneaks into the top 75 so it will not count as a horrible loss. RU will still be down to the wire in most Big 10 games but very concerned without a go to guy we are going to fail in every close game situation.

Scoring 43 in a game at home and only 17 in a half shows there is a big problem right now. I do agree that SHU probably sneaks into the top 75 so it will not count as a horrible loss. RU will still be down to the wire in most Big 10 games but very concerned without a go to guy we are going to fail in every close game situation.
we've won quite a few games on last minute individual player heroics. In spite of my liking Pike there have always been a few opportunities for improvement IMO. One I think he's made is he now appears to be more assertive with the refs. Like that.
However not having that go to guy is exposing another. He really needs to start fixing the end game stuff by drawing team plays. I have never liked the way we approach these situations.

3 losses to schools with pulses OOC does not bode well. Temple is not a good team. We have now set up the same scenario as last season of having to thread the needle needing to have a very good conference season....11-9 at minimum. We ABSOLUTELY must bounce back with a win over Wake Forest and then there are still two potential landmines after that in Bucknell and Coppin State.

This is not the same as last year. Do you forget who they lost to last year? Those were bad losses.

Nothing is remotely close to UMass or Lafayette

ADVERTISEMENT