ADVERTISEMENT

A Letter From Head Wrestling Coach Scott Goodale

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Looks Like Attendance Is Looking Sparse At Best:

07ce097b8d72f45e526ed47039cc15b1.jpg

Reactions: rondi
I don't get the whole playing in Yankee Stadium concept in the first place. It's really inconvenient for attendees and nowhere near campus; it's not built for football; and the stadium isn't any bigger than High Point. Why is it being done?

. Why is it being done?
I'm pretty sure almost every Rutgers fan is asking exactly the same question. On campus, yes big hit 1st go around. In a different state, in a baseball stadium?:confused:

Hate to say this but the home wrestling schedule is brutal this year and we could lose more than a few at home after last year when we won everyone. Would have been nice to have Suriano's first match in the RAC and the place would have been packed and a loud crowd with a win. I know spilt milk........

Hate to say this but the home wrestling schedule is brutal this year and we could lose more than a few at home after last year when we won everyone. Would have been nice to have Suriano's first match in the RAC and the place would have been packed and a loud crowd with a win. I know spilt milk........
Funny thing about the schedule, I agree, it's brutal and we won't see many W's, but hell, seeing our guys compete with the best that the B1G offers will be a lot of fun.

PSU and OSU, no shot.

I think we can sneak wins versus Iowa and Minnesota.

UNC, Maryland, & Hofstra should be easy wins.

Funny thing about the schedule, I agree, it's brutal and we won't see many W's, but hell, seeing our guys compete with the best that the B1G offers will be a lot of fun.

PSU and OSU, no shot.

I think we can sneak wins versus Iowa and Minnesota.

UNC, Maryland, & Hofstra should be easy wins.

Without Ashnault in the early schedule beating Iowa will be a long shot at best (Iowa first RAC match on Friday Dec 8), Minn comes much later on Friday February 9 at the RAC, would be great to have Ashnault and the full lineup by then.

Bad decision from the Flood era, that we are honoring

Proposal from Julie that Hobbs decided to move forward with instead of squashing

Ouch. Awful idea. I guess the choices for a wrestling doubleheader were very limited given the football schedule, but this year might do more harm than good.

I don't discount the possibility of a victory over Iowa, even without Ashnault. Richie Lewis-> Pagano is the key stretch. If Lewis can beat Kemerer, 165 held to 3 for Iowa and Pagano can beat Young, Rutgers can still win given the potential Iowa weakness at 125-141.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT