ADVERTISEMENT

A look at B10 CFP - after the choice was made

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
The B10 had 4 top teams this year in Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn St, and Ohio St.
- Wisconsin won the west and earned a shot in the Conf Championship game. They had losses to Michigan and Ohio St. After the confernece championship game they had lost by 7 to all 3 of the other teams..
- Michigan was 6-1 in the division with a loss to Ohio St (in OT) and also a close loss to Big 10 West's Iowa.
- Penn St was also 6-1 in the division with a blow out loss to Michigan and a close loss to in state rival Pitt (who beat Clemson)
- Ohio St was also 6-1 in the division with a close loss to Penn St

based on tie breakers Penn St won the B10 east and then beat Wisconsin on the field for the conference championship.

Since Wisconsin lost to the other 3 they are out of the playoff discussion. Many fans looked only at Ohio St and Penn St's head to head when deciding who should be the choice. They discounted Michigan since Michigan had 2 conference losses and was out of the tie breaker scenario.

In my mind:
- Ohio St had 1 blemish which was a close road loss
- Michigan had 2 blemishes in 2 close losses (eliminating them vs Ohio St in the discussion)
- Penn St had 2 blemishes in a bad loss to Michigan and a close loss to an OOC 22nd ranked Pitt team.

For the playoff committee they probably could have chosen Ohio St or Penn St since it is kind of 6 of 1 and half a dozen the other. Since Ohio St was not a conf champion I probably would have dropped them to the 4th seed instead of 3rd. I think tv wants Ohio St vs Alabama in the championship.

The B10 had 4 top teams this year in Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn St, and Ohio St.
- Wisconsin won the west and earned a shot in the Conf Championship game. They had losses to Michigan and Ohio St. After the confernece championship game they had lost by 7 to all 3 of the other teams..
- Michigan was 6-1 in the division with a loss to Ohio St (in OT) and also a close loss to Big 10 West's Iowa.
- Penn St was also 6-1 in the division with a blow out loss to Michigan and a close loss to in state rival Pitt (who beat Clemson)
- Ohio St was also 6-1 in the division with a close loss to Penn St

based on tie breakers Penn St won the B10 east and then beat Wisconsin on the field for the conference championship.

Since Wisconsin lost to the other 3 they are out of the playoff discussion. Many fans looked only at Ohio St and Penn St's head to head when deciding who should be the choice. They discounted Michigan since Michigan had 2 conference losses and was out of the tie breaker scenario.

In my mind:
- Ohio St had 1 blemish which was a close road loss
- Michigan had 2 blemishes in 2 close losses (eliminating them vs Ohio St in the discussion)
- Penn St had 2 blemishes in a bad loss to Michigan and a close loss to an OOC 22nd ranked Pitt team.

For the playoff committee they probably could have chosen Ohio St or Penn St since it is kind of 6 of 1 and half a dozen the other. Since Ohio St was not a conf champion I probably would have dropped them to the 4th seed instead of 3rd. I think tv wants Ohio St vs Alabama in the championship.

I think you are a day late with this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT