ADVERTISEMENT

A metric TON of visitors June 24

welcome_visitors_t_nv.18125225_std-xw0oly.jpg

Not much info about most on this list. Carey would be a prize recruit but it doesn't seem like he's that close to deciding? Kansas on his list as well

Jalen Carey name keeps popping up with us... really makes me hopeful. Kids great. Not familiar with most of the names though. I will do my research. Welcome!

edit: A lot of 19' guys, which makes sense my ignorance. Some high rated names. A guy from TX, PA, etc. Pike working.

It appears as if four of these guys are from the same school as Mamadou Doucoure (Frame twins, Jefferson Koulibaly and Clarence Nadolny). Carey and Winston are from Montclair Immaculate and Matt Zona was a fresmman at Bergen Catholic this past season. He is a center. Crisler and Reid are power forwards and Jared Garcia is a small forward. Most are all from 2019 & 2020 except for Jalen Carey who is 2018.

Reactions: Scangg
What occurs on such a visit with so many recruits visiting at the same time?Is it a tour of the campus and meeting academic advisors ?Would it include watching the recruits participate in a scrimmage?The numbers kind of indicate a general introduction to Rutgers.

@jrh51 Article was ALLLL over the place. Kinda lead me to believe Kansas is out of the mix and Ollie is killing it. Did mention hell visit us a couple times so were a sleeper. Thank you for posting.

It appears as if four of these guys are from the same school as Mamadou Doucoure (Frame twins, Jefferson Koulibaly and Clarence Nadolny). Carey and Winston are from Montclair Immaculate and Matt Zona was a fresmman at Bergen Catholic this past season. He is a center. Crisler and Reid are power forwards and Jared Garcia is a small forward. Most are all from 2019 & 2020 except for Jalen Carey who is 2018.
Winston is 2018 also unless he has reclassified

By his own words Carey wants to increase his stature during July tournaments which tells me his college choice probably will be Kansas,Syracuse or UConn or a late call from Duke or North Carolina.There is no reason to wait if Rutgers or Seton Hall were under serious consideration.The higher the ranking of a recruit the more difficulty it is to stop elite schools from cherry picking the best NJ players.Visits to schools are sometime just window dressing to take off pressure from local state schools.

Yes,Carey would be a difference maker for Rutgers along with Mathis.

Reactions: RUhobbit and MV9000
Connecticut lost several players to transfer and are in a much weaker league. I don't think they are the desired destination that they were. I hope I am not wrong. It would be nice if Carey decided to come to RU.

Where do we stand on Winston? Getting him could swing us a long way to us getting Carey.

WOuld be a nice swing if we whif on Mathis.

Good article from OnTheBanks with comments from Carey about Kansas and Rutgers. Kid sounds like he's open to Rutgers with his words and actions - one can hope. The fact that all these high level kids are coming to check us out and spend a day on a weekend when they can be doing something else is very encouraging. Being so close to so many recruits makes it easier for them and us no doubt. A big time requirement for selling is just getting the chance to make your pitch. These kids are listening and coming back and while we have a lot to prove, with little track record yet a strong vision, it is very hard to sell what if's. At the same time, B1G is big, that will always be there, facilities are being built, you can see the construction, see the weight room, kids know where NYC is and know that if Rutgers were ever good, we would get a lot of attention. Having such a strong staff of coaches to sell this all just might work.

Crisler's' Sophomore Year Video
2019 6'9" PF from PA:
Already has high major offers.

He is a top 100 kid as ranked by 247Sports

Good article from OnTheBanks with comments from Carey about Kansas and Rutgers. Kid sounds like he's open to Rutgers with his words and actions - one can hope. The fact that all these high level kids are coming to check us out and spend a day on a weekend when they can be doing something else is very encouraging. Being so close to so many recruits makes it easier for them and us no doubt. A big time requirement for selling is just getting the chance to make your pitch. These kids are listening and coming back and while we have a lot to prove, with little track record yet a strong vision, it is very hard to sell what if's. At the same time, B1G is big, that will always be there, facilities are being built, you can see the construction, see the weight room, kids know where NYC is and know that if Rutgers were ever good, we would get a lot of attention. Having such a strong staff of coaches to sell this all just might work.
Don't believe the hype we are not getting that kid

It's only a matter of time before a highly-rated recruit will say, "Rutgers has everything I want. Great coach, conference, academics. I can't wait to get the keys to RU's new practice facility. It'll be great to have a place to go when I want to work on my shot at midnight."
I really like your optimism but sadly time and recruiting haven't been a good match for Rutgers mens basketball.Perception really matters in recruiting and top tier players have many choices.In addition local recruits continue favoring out of state schools which is the hardest nut to crack.

I really like your optimism but sadly time and recruiting haven't been a good match for Rutgers mens basketball.Perception really matters in recruiting and top tier players have many choices.In addition local recruits continue favoring out of state schools which is the hardest nut to crack.
In recruiting circles, RU has long had the reputation (deservedly so) of not being "all in" when it comes to men's basketball. Slowly but surely, that perception is changing. Players, high school/AAU coaches and "insiders" are noticing. This will lead impact players to the banks, if not this year, next year.

ADVERTISEMENT