ADVERTISEMENT

A new QB? A fatal flaw? MVP? 8 bold predictions about Rutgers football in 2020

Limited access unless you're a paid subscriber.

Who cares it's nj.scum. Wish several here would stop keeping them in business by trying to drive clicks to them through the constant posting of links.

You and Heaven keep posting articles behind SL's paywall. It clogs up the board and everyone knows how to access the Ledger if they want to. You guys should stop. This posts add nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletDave
Haven't paid much attention to sports lately and am confused that I've seen some NJ.com links here that worked fine and some that are behind a paywall, like this one. Is there some explanation for this? I have zero issue with these articles, though...

Haven't paid much attention to sports lately and am confused that I've seen some NJ.com links here that worked fine and some that are behind a paywall, like this one. Is there some explanation for this? I have zero issue with these articles, though...
It's NJ.com's attempt to raise revenue. They think that people will pay to read their content. I don't miss it. Plenty of free stuff available here on this site, OTB, The Targum, the web, Gannet (app.com, etc--for now) and numerous other places.

Reactions: Knightmoves
It's NJ.com's attempt to raise revenue. They think that people will pay to read their content. I don't miss it. Plenty of free stuff available here on this site, OTB, The Targum, the web, Gannet (app.com, etc--for now) and numerous other places.
I know, but was asking if anyone knew why some articles are behind a paywall and some not - I guess they put what they think are the "best" ones behind the paywall. I have no issue with their writers, but am not about to pay for them either...

Reactions: wheezer
I know, but was asking if anyone knew why some articles are behind a paywall and some not - I guess they put what they think are the "best" ones behind the paywall. I have no issue with their writers, but am not about to pay for them either...
It seems they are trying to whet the readers' appetites? It's done here too, and that's fine. It generates interest, which likely leads to subscribers. More and more of NJ.com's regular stories are behind a paywall too, include those related to the pandemic. App.com has kept those stories all free, which seems to like the correct move.

It seems they are trying to whet the readers' appetites? It's done here too, and that's fine. It generates interest, which likely leads to subscribers. More and more of NJ.com's regular stories are behind a paywall too, include those related to the pandemic. App.com has kept those stories all free, which seems to like the correct move.
Reported, lol. Yeah, most, but not all sources are sharing COVID coverage for free, which I think is the right and smart thing to do.

I can't figure why they would think anyone would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT