ADVERTISEMENT

A Quick Thank You From Me and More!

Geo_Baker_1

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2022
Hey everyone, this is Geo Baker. Wanted to make this quick thank you to all you guys for supporting me and the team over these past 5 years. There’s been ups and downs but what we’ve built will truly last forever! Can’t say how much we all appreciate the support from the fans. ❤️🖤

I also wanted to give you guys a little insight on a project that me and Eric Legrand are working on to help build and support the Rutgers Community while also supporting and connecting to the student athletes in new ways. We created the “Rutgers Fan Club Discord” to start the build of this project. As of right now we’ve had giveaways and interviews with both Ralph Agee and Noah Vedral (with more coming), for the members in the community!

I will also be at the Central Jersey Card Show at Rutgers Prep April 24th signing autographs for $20 (more info on my Twitter and Instagram), but this will actually be free for anyone who’s in the first 2k members of the discord! (We’re only at 1.55k at the moment)!

The last part of this project will include networking. Especially for small business owners and entrepreneurs. Eric and I want to help other Rutgers people broadcast their businesses with the platforms that we already have in place. There will be a lot more about that coming soon in the discord.

There will be a lot more coming, but this is just the start! Rutgers has truly been so good to me, so I’m trying to find ways to give back as much as I can. I want to help build the Rutgers community for as long as I’m still around. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. I won’t do any promoting after this post lol but I’ll hang around here for a little to answer any questions or comments or whatever! I’ll also attach the link to the discord and hope to see everyone in there! Thanks guys ❤️

to join the discord: click the link. Accept invite. Go to “start here verify.” Then click the check mark emoji for access to all the channels.
https://discord.gg/BSdAcswX5S

Geo, thank you for doing this even after your last time on the court … that’s why you’re a legend and loyal son. Also, I’m sorry you know about this message board, hopefully this is the first time you have ever read it 😂 … some people on here can be a little “extreme” … don’t worry, it’s not all the true ones of us, from back in time when the game threads on here would devolve into what type of cereal we were eating while watching us losing by 30 to Marquette on ESPNEWS at 10:30PM on a Wednesday … the “new” fans are great and fill the seats, but they might not have the same appreciation or understanding as a lot of us … just remember the good ones and thank you for giving us so much joy for us and our families, that for the last 20 years was only a dream. Glad we share an RU degree ❤️

Hey everyone, this is Geo Baker. Wanted to make this quick thank you to all you guys for supporting me and the team over these past 5 years. There’s been ups and downs but what we’ve built will truly last forever! Can’t say how much we all appreciate the support from the fans. ❤️🖤

I also wanted to give you guys a little insight on a project that me and Eric Legrand are working on to help build and support the Rutgers Community while also supporting and connecting to the student athletes in new ways. We created the “Rutgers Fan Club Discord” to start the build of this project. As of right now we’ve had giveaways and interviews with both Ralph Agee and Noah Vedral (with more coming), for the members in the community!

I will also be at the Central Jersey Card Show at Rutgers Prep April 24th signing autographs for $20 (more info on my Twitter and Instagram), but this will actually be free for anyone who’s in the first 2k members of the discord! (We’re only at 1.55k at the moment)!

The last part of this project will include networking. Especially for small business owners and entrepreneurs. Eric and I want to help other Rutgers people broadcast their businesses with the platforms that we already have in place. There will be a lot more about that coming soon in the discord.

There will be a lot more coming, but this is just the start! Rutgers has truly been so good to me, so I’m trying to find ways to give back as much as I can. I want to help build the Rutgers community for as long as I’m still around. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. I won’t do any promoting after this post lol but I’ll hang around here for a little to answer any questions or comments or whatever! I’ll also attach the link to the discord and hope to see everyone in there! Thanks guys ❤️

to join the discord: click the link. Accept invite. Go to “start here verify.” Then click the check mark emoji for access to all the channels.
Thank you for choosing Rutgers, being you and being such a fine ambassador of Rutgers. You are not only a gentleman and a scholar, but a legend and a trailblazer in so many ways. Best of luck to you in your future.

Geo - thanks for all the effort and success we have seen over the past few years. It’s been a long time for the fans and you made up a large part of the success. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!!! I’m sure you will be successful.

You are the man Geo. My buddies had you give me a birthday shoutout towards the end of 2021. We all appreciated you a ton. Hope to see you around Rutgers sporting events in the future or better yet a nice spot next to Pike on the bench.

Wow thanks for stopping in Geo. You have made RU proud. Sure we can get hot-headed about our players from time-to-time (a lot of frustrated Al Bundy high school all-stars post here lol) but like a family we keep short accounts and always come back to cheering you guys on for the next play, next game, next season or next career.

Looking forward to your next gig(s) on the Banks. But best wishes for whatever you do in the future and thanks again for your accomplishments and contributions to RU.

P.S. Your junior year dunk against Indiana will forever be an RU classic.

Thank you for everything!! I’m on your discord app. Not sure how to use it, but I’m there.

Just seeing this now, very well worded. By any chance you want a job writing for TKR? LOL! Or better yet maybe how about ya just hop on the TKR pod with us?

Let me know if ya ever need anything from my end, always willing to help!

Well said man. You have no idea the roller coaster you’ve been through. Just glad it was BAKER THE SHOT MAKER with the help of Ron and Caleb that made us respectable. All love bro. Good luck in ur future

Mr. Baker. Nobody thinks you've been anything but the best representative of Rutgers. Friends of mine from across the B1G and other schools always speak highly of you. Wins or losses. Makes or misses. Character matters.
Thanks for stopping by. Pretty cool of you. Good luck in whatever your next chapter.

No, thank you! Rutgers basketball was one of the few things sports wise I had to look forward to these past 2 years. Happy we had you on our side! Hope to see you at games and coaching the team in the future!

Reactions: Rokodesh
This is dope. I had to convince myself that this wasn’t an April fools joke. Lol.

congrats on a Great career!

as someone said above, it’s gonna be weird next year without seeing you on the court.

good luck w the next step!

Reactions: RUTRINI

Awesome to have you here and great to see that you're still looking to remain active in the Rutgers Community, after having one of the most impactful hoops careers On The Banks in decades, given your central role in resurrecting this program under Coach Pike and bringing us to three straight NCAA Tourney caliber seasons (we all know we were in 2 years ago) for the first time ever.

As a fan, it's been so much fun going to all the home games for decades, but especially these last few years, and going to the Tourneys in Indy and Dayton was fantastic, even if we didn't go as far as we all would have liked - and I'm sure that goes 10X more for you guys who were actually playing, lol. Thanks for everything you've done for the program and for Rutgers, as clearly you've been a leader both on and off the floor. Good luck with this effort (I signed up) and in all your future endeavors. And, of course, Go RU!!

Thank you for all you've done for Rutgers. I don't know what I've done, but you asked and I'm in.

Geo,
Thank you for bringing pride back to RU! We know what you situation you walked into, the struggles your teams faced. You always seemed to take things head on, and in stride.
We have watched you make amazing shots with games on the line. We are forever grateful to you and your teammates for what you have done for this program.

Best wishes in all you future be endeavors.

Now, I need to go find your discord.

Thank you!

Reactions: RUTRINI and tm_nj

The last 5 years has been amazing to watch. Thank you for pouring your blood, sweat and tears into Rutgers Basketball. My kids and I will always remember Geo Baker and the Geo step back. So many incredible games, shots and memories. Keep proving people wrong! You are going to kill it!

Geo
Many of us have been diehard fans without much to show for it except for the promise of what could be. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all you have done for Rutgers. It’s your home and it’s my home. I wish you all the best

Thank you Geo, for being one of the 3-4 players that has restored respect to our hoops program….. Something almost unattainable after a few decades of losing and mediocrity. Rutgers basketball fans are forever in your debt and I, along with thousands of other fans will really miss you!

Best of luck to you…. In your next stop in the pros!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT