ADVERTISEMENT

A Rare Airball

I noticed that too. Once on JY’s trey and again on Tez’s free throw.

Outside the last 5-8 minutes of the first half and overtime ...Team was really really really tight yesterday...I didn’t see one smile on the court or sign of positive emotion until almost sealed

We must’ve had about 10 shots yesterday that were either air balls or close to it (barely hitting iron), many on wide open looks. It’s really unbelievable.

Reactions: Knightmoves
All our overtime shots were right at the rim. A good strategy if you can pull it off.
Correct me if I’m mistaken, was Geo’s no look pass to Myles right at the rim that was intercepted, an easy uncontested lay up for him had he gone up with it?

Did Montez have an air ball on a lay up? I remember him going up left handed and I could swear he hit nothing and he was about 2-3 feet from the basket? Or was he fouled or was shot blocked?

I watch a lot of college basketball. A lot more airballs around the country this year for some reason. Maybe it's because the players don't have to worry about the student section chanting it

It's also no surprise Mathis doesn't play in crunch time. Just can't have him and Myles on the court late in games with both of them shooting less than 50%.

It's also no surprise Mathis doesn't play in crunch time. Just can't have him and Myles on the court late in games with both of them shooting less than 50%.
At the same time with a lead you want to defend and get defensive rebounds too. At times I have scratched my head on why other guys are on the court at crunch time.

Correct me if I’m mistaken, was Geo’s no look pass to Myles right at the rim that was intercepted, an easy uncontested lay up for him had he gone up with it?
That was one of the most stupid and unexpected plays I have ever seen. For a senior to do that in that spot......

All our overtime shots were right at the rim. A good strategy if you can pull it off.
The shot right before the JY INT by Caleb was also right at the rim. It too was an air ball in the trees. He was probably looking for contact there.

Im surprised we’re not talking about all of the shots we made that put us up by 14 though. This sounds like an analysis after a loss and not a huge win.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT