ACC and Big XII imploding

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
In other news

#9 Clemson goes down
#14 UNC reeling down 2 TDS late at GaTech

#15 Iowa State loses (so much for “playoff” hype at 2-2 now)
#23 Kansas state on their way out against OkSt
#4 Oklahoma down once again, but still time left to salvage

all of these are to unranked teams

I see 3 SEC teams and Ohio State in the playoff round this year.

Ohio State's defense is shaky this year. I think this is the year Harbaugh beats them
I wasn't impressed with Michigan. They aren't playoff caliber. They don't really have a passing threat.

If they get into the conference championship game, Iowa beats them and possibly gets into the playoff imo.

Iowa has just as big and strong lines as Michigan does.

No love for Mario and Oregon?

I assume Oregon will remain #3 (or maybe drop to #4), but the Ducks are only up 8 points on an Arizona team that lost to 1 and 3 NAU last week. The good news for Oregon (assuming they end up winning tonight) is the teams directly below them didn't exactly stand out today, either.

Ohio State's defense is shaky this year. I think this is the year Harbaugh beats them
not at all impressed with Michigan, plus I can’t see Harbaugh winning a game that matters. I think someone else gets them…perhaps Penn State.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashokan
ACC will have its hat on ND. If they near Cinn this weekend they will have a top 10 win to boot.

Just means the conferences are wide open.

How does Cincinnati do it? For as long as I’ve followed college football, they are always good.

I've assumed it has to do with A) being in Ohio - a football state with a lot of good recruits who like staying home B) they get good coaches like Dantonio, Kelly, Tuberville, Jones, Fickel and even Sid Gilman. C) they seem to have admins with good football minds judging by the coaches they hire. Cincy doesn't seem to get the Ash and Flood eras - at least not in contemporary times.

Kelly is now the all-time wins coach at ND

Reactions: MidwestKnights
My final four as we stand here today:
1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Oregon
4. ND

Cant stand the Irish so hopefully UC knocks them off.

I've assumed it has to do with A) being in Ohio - a football state with a lot of good recruits who like staying home B) they get good coaches like Dantonio, Kelly, Tuberville, Jones, Fickel and even Sid Gilman. C) they seem to have admins with good football minds judging by the coaches they hire. Cincy doesn't seem to get the Ash and Flood eras - at least not in contemporary times.

Kelly is now the all-time wins coach at ND
Agree with you and the Big 12 will help them even more. I could see them becoming a Top 10 program for a while.

Reactions: ashokan
Agree with you and the Big 12 will help them even more. I could see them becoming a Top 10 program for a while.

Yesterday I saw Army (4-0) play Miami of Ohio. Miami had issues at QB but the rest of the team was quite good. The DL was especially tough and stuffed Amy all day - including on goal which is hard to do against Army. If not for a couple of out of position DBs that allowed two 75+ yd runs by Army QB, Amy might have lost. I was looking at Miami's other games this year and saw Cincy beat Miami 49-14 (with the 14 coming in 4th Q garbage time). That got my attention

I’ve mentioned this a few times after the first couple weeks it’s as wide open a year as we’ve seen in a bit. I think it’s great for a change…many of the conferences are wide open this year. I don’t think anyone looks invincible even in the SEC. I think Georgia could take down Alabama and some people are high on Ole Miss too. We’ll see how good Arkansas is this week against Georgia.

I’m not saying it will happen but wouldn’t surprise me if there are no undefeated teams this year.

Why the B1G commish created an alliance with an also ran like the Acc is mind boggling.

BC did beat Miizzou... I guess they are the ACC flagship now...
WF is the other undefeated in the conference but they have 2 conference wins. BC hasn’t played a conference game yet. They start next week at Clemson. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Jim Grobe redux and WF for the ACC title lol.

Critics of the BIG could say the same thing considering Wiscy getting handled by ND, Iowa having their hands full with CSU, and Minny losing to Bowling Green.

How does Cincinnati do it? For as long as I’ve followed college football, they are always good.
They hire good coaches who develop under the radar recruits that produce on the field. They've managed to avoid egregiously bad hires.

Reactions: zoby
Iowa has a good defense but their offense needs some work.No playoff game will be a 10-3 type of game.Rutgers should have beaten Michigan.
I agree with that. I think PSU probably has the most well rounded team in the conference as of now. Iowa has offensive issues and OSU has had defensive issues.

In the end we’ll see when the games are played. Teams can improve those aspects over the course of the season though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT