ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Proposes an All D1 Team NCAA Tournament

I proposed something this on this board several times. Can you imagine Selection Sunday!?

Whole Country would be watching. Only a few more games. More TV broadcasts. More betting. More $$$ Every one has a shot. Every one gets some $$$

357 Total D1. So 50 Initial Play in games for lowest seeds. Then it's easy. If worried costs play early rounds at higher seed as a reward.

256/128/64/32./16/8/4/2/1

I would still have conference tourneys to determine seeding. Meaning 1st B1G team has to be the highest B1G seed and down the line. So conference tourney still has meaning.

I think it's a great idea.

It’s the “give everyone a trophy” mentality. There are no more than 15 teams that have a real chance. There will be lots of empty neutral court arenas for opening round games. For underclassmen at lesser programs it will turn into a showcase for the transfer portal.

I hate this idea. Teams need something to earn. My vote is no.

I'm for doubling it to 128 to help make up for the lost revenue from the past year but a 350 plus NCAA Tournament IMO is a clown show.

tenor.gif

I don't see why this is even news. An all-D1 team NCAA Tournament pretty much already happens. It begins with conference tournaments. Rutgers has been in the NCAA Tournament every season, you just didn't know it. 😎
Bingo!

Just one mans opinion but I can't see a viewing audience watching Kansas play Maine for more than 8 minutes.

I heard about this the other day . Stupid! I could see them eventually adding a few more teams into the Dayton play in games . But don’t mess with the greatest event in all of sports, which is the first 4 full days of the tournament. The regular season is marginalized enough already.

I heard about this the other day . Stupid! I could see them eventually adding a few more teams into the Dayton play in games . But don’t mess with the greatest event in all of sports, which is the first 4 full days of the tournament. The regular season is marginalized enough already.
Those are not "play in games." Those are the first four games of the NCAA Tournament.

Im for it as long as Dook plays on the west coast for the first two rounds. (yeah right)

Yes, technically you are right. But cmon, we know it’s a play in. You need to win to make the tournament first round .
Those teams have a NCAA badge on their jerseys so they are in the tournament. Some of them won a conference tournament which gives them an auto-bid.

ummm yeah . Who said they didn’t ?
Nobody said they didn't but you are acting like those teams are not in the NCAA Tournament. Which simply not true.

Actually @flyrradio probably said it best when he posted that wins in the First Four count "as an NCAA win both financially and in the record books. They're NCAA tournament games."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT