ADVERTISEMENT

Ademilola Twins Commit to ND

RU23

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2010
For those unaware, the Ademilola twins are two of NJ's best in the 2018 class - one a DT and the other a LB, both from St. Peter's, both big-time players. Disappointing news but doesn't make the Fogg commitment any less sweet.

This really does put a damper on things although 2018 signing day is still long time away and things can change.

For those unaware, the Ademilola twins are two of NJ's best in the 2018 class - one a DT and the other a LB, both from St. Peter's, both big-time players. Disappointing news but doesn't make the Fogg commitment any less sweet.
But the LB brother isn't as good as Fogg! :)

Shame they didn't give Ash time to work his magic. We need to fix the northern NJ mindset. Stop airing Rudy and stop thinking you're too good for Rutgers.

Reactions: MozRU
ND offered both this morning and they both immediately committed.
Read a article that says they visited Notre Dame last week and if they received a offer we're going to committ. I think their mind was made up already.

This really does put a damper on things although 2018 signing day is still long time away and things can change.

Why? No school, even tOSU, gets all their targets. We are getting more than we ever have before thus far, no damper for me.

Don't be an ass. Looks like plenty here were interested based on the replies. Whether you like it or not two of NJ's best players in 2018 making their commitment is noteworthy. They were at RU multiple times, so it's not like we were never in the picture either.
Post your congrats on the ND board. NJ has a Top 35 and a Top 50 . Are you going to post whenever any of them commit elsewhere. Those who follow this shit will know anyway and those who don't, don't give a rats.

Reactions: loyalty_policia
Notre Dame is a brand and nothing more. Unless going unbeaten against a tough schedule, they'll never make the college football playoff.

No school, even the tOSU's and Alabama's of the world, get everybody they offer.

That said, Ash & Co. are killin' it on the recruiting trail, so even if there might be a few Jersey kids we don't get, just enjoy the ride the new coaching staff is providing. -(I know I sure am). :) [thumb2] :football:

Post your congrats on the ND board. NJ has a Top 35 and a Top 50 . Are you going to post whenever any of them commit elsewhere. Those who follow this shit will know anyway and those who don't, don't give a rats.
So much wrong with this.
1. Tell me in what way, shape, or form my post seemed congratulatory. I look forward to your response.
2. They are both top 5 players. Not top 35, not top 50. Top 5. It's not like this is the #43 player in NJ committing to Holy Cross, and even if it was I can still post about it if I want.
3. People clearly care enough not just to read the thread, but to reply to it. Don't speak for everyone else, especially when you're proved wrong in the thread itself.
4. If you don't care, don't bother clicking on it. But don't tell me what I can and cannot post about.

What's good for the goose
Expected that, clearly someone who knows they were in the wrong. Don't wanna not respond and admit defeat but don't wanna say something somewhat logical and risk further humiliation.

You are truly not interested in college football and a horse's ass to come on this board and tear down its culture.

Get a clue man or STFU.

Obviously, this is relevant information since RU was recruiting them.

I am guessing the parents put a big premium on quality of education. Notre Dame is a much more highly regarded school. That's just a fact. That's not an insult to Rutgers.

Get your head out of your ass.. Top 20 nj prospects committing anywhere is news for Rutgers fans. If you don't understand that then you're an idiot.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Shame they didn't give Ash time to work his magic. We need to fix the northern NJ mindset. Stop airing Rudy and stop thinking you're too good for Rutgers.
If you are saying that we somehow need to cause ND to no longer be alluring to certain Northern NJ parochial kids, it ain't happening. We can win a NC and it still ain't happening. ND, and to a lesser extent BC, will always get its share from the parochials.

To quote Jayson, "Really, I felt comfortable there..." There will always be kids from the parochials who will prefer the ND/BC culture and environment. And they are not wrong in doing so - it's their choice. This is simply a constraint under which Ash must operate. As long as we get our share...

Reactions: RUJMM78
From what I understand, Notre Dame was their dream school, so once they offered, no one else stood a chance.

We should just focus on those who actually WANT to come to Rutgers and those who we are in the mix with.

The ones that we never had a legit chance at are not worth discussing, IMHO.

Reactions: BigDaddyLane
ND is ND man. There are two schools I'd have a tough time telling my kid to take RU over.

ND & Standford.

I'd convince him to go to RU over Mich. People around the country are figuring out Michigan is nothing but hot air. Self proclaimed "We're as good as an Ivy" state school with 30,000 undergrades. Get a hold of yourselves.

Reactions: RUchip
Said on a different thread last week there will always be some leakage from North Jersey parochials to ND and BC. Looks to me like this was a package deal.

Reactions: RUMBA-JK
Said on a different thread last week there will always be some leakage from North Jersey parochials to ND and BC. Looks to me like this was a package deal.

- have to look at this as a bit of a unique situation -
(A.) Twins - & both get offered - have just about always been within shouting distance of each other
(B.) early in the process - class of 2018 ... about a month ago they were taking sophomore-year final exams
(C.) dream school from a North Jersey parochial to Notre Dame
- sounds a bit like all the factors aligned for them & they seized upon the opportunity - they had their collegiate plans bucket list & this checked all the boxes

Reactions: RUchip
I feel like it's been said forever, but these are exactly the kind of kids Rutgers needs to keep in order to be successful. There are still many other top NJ recruits still out there, but two top ones are no longer.

As I recall, they have a connection to the Huggins family. Also, older brother did not get a Rutgers offer. Plays FCS.

I think they pretty much get that it's basically a business with no guarantees and you have to find the situation that seems best for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT