ADVERTISEMENT

Aguilar

Nic's been fantastic, that RS year and last off-season did wonders for him. He keeps getting better every time he steps on the mat, can't ask for much more than that. Excited to see what he can do for the next 3.5 years.

Nice ranking bump for Aguilar on flowrestling this week . Here are the rankings for this week.

Will use the Flowrestling (top 25) and Wrestlestat rankings (top 33) in that order, with change from previous week in parentheses for the RU starters and co starters.

125 Nic Aguilar #10 (+6) / # 16 (no change)

133 Sammy Alvarez # 13 (+4) / #20 (no change)

141 JoJo Aragona NR/NR

149 Gerard Angelo # 23 (+1) / #22 (+1)

157 Mike Van Brill NR/NR

165 Jackson Turley NR / #27 (no change)

165 Brett Donner NR/NR

174 Joe Grello #10 (+3) / 14 (+1)

184 Billy Janzer NR/ #32 (-1)

197 Jordan Pagano #15 (-2) / #27 (-7)

197 Matt Correnti NR/NR

285 Christian Colucci #23 / #33 (-1)

Team NR/ #24 (-1)

Nic's been fantastic, that RS year and last off-season did wonders for him. He keeps getting better every time he steps on the mat, can't ask for much more than that. Excited to see what he can do for the next 3.5 years.

Agreed - Patience is a virtue and he will continue to develop raising the bar steadily.

Let's be honest, a lot of people wrote him off before the season started due to his lackluster redshirt season. He's turned up another level this year. Excited for his future...

We just all have to give these wrestlers a shot in progressing.They all work hard and I know there is a lot of pressure overall to exceed.

Let's be honest, a lot of people wrote him off before the season started due to his lackluster redshirt season. He's turned up another level this year. Excited for his future...
Gotta give props to the guy that was comparing Nico to Darian Cruz early in the season lolz

Gotta give props to the guy that was comparing Nico to Darian Cruz early in the season lolz
Ha. You’re welcome. Aguilar is doing great. He is still going to get muscled around by a few of the top guys/bigger 125lbers this year but another year of strength training and wrestling with Tyler Graff and the sky is the limit. Also, Aguilar wrestles a completely different style than Cruz. Cruz keeps such solid position and is tough to score on. Aguilar takes way more risks. I prefer Aguilar’s style but Cruz was more college ready right away.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Ha. You’re welcome. Aguilar is doing great. He is still going to get muscled around by a few of the top guys/bigger 125lbers this year but another year of strength training and wrestling with Tyler Graff and the sky is the limit. Also, Aguilar wrestles a completely different style than Cruz. Cruz keeps such solid position and is tough to score on. Aguilar takes way more risks. I prefer Aguilar’s style but Cruz was more college ready right away.

Yes, FoxRU was very high on Aguilar......I really thought he would be still undersized this year and did not think he would make the tournament this season. I did say, I would gladly eat crow and hope I am wrong......I do like my crow medium rare and hopefully will have to eat a big plate come March!

I was really high on Janzer coming in, somewhat high on Aguilar (if only because he wasn’t Metzler)

I think his #10 ranking is way too high but still really happy about how he’s looked. I don’t think the true #10 wrestler gets tech’s by a guy 6 spots higher but that’s just me. I know Glory is legit but still, gotta put up a better fight.

Should make it to NCAAs and it would be really cool if he can challenge for AA status. I think he comes up a bit short this year but will be able to pull it off once or twice in his career.

I was really high on Janzer coming in, somewhat high on Aguilar (if only because he wasn’t Metzler)

I think his #10 ranking is way too high but still really happy about how he’s looked. I don’t think the true #10 wrestler gets tech’s by a guy 6 spots higher but that’s just me. I know Glory is legit but still, gotta put up a better fight.

Should make it to NCAAs and it would be really cool if he can challenge for AA status. I think he comes up a bit short this year but will be able to pull it off once or twice in his career.

I know it's not your point but at 125 it's really only Lee, Mueller, and Glory...there is substantial drop-off after those guys. They are on their own level. There isn't much separating everyone else from 4-20, they can all beat each other at any given point IMO.

I know it's not your point but at 125 it's really only Lee, Mueller, and Glory...there is substantial drop-off after those guys. They are on their own level. There isn't much separating everyone else from 4-20, they can all beat each other at any given point IMO.
Piccininni is there so it's a top 4. Rivera would make it a top 5 and then big drop off, if he goes 25, but I think he's going 33.

Reactions: belushijo

I hear you, but Glory got teched by Lee in the second period last year... That same Lee got packed by Picc... fast forward to this season and Glory takes out Picc and looks like the stud we thought he was. Bottom line is Aguilar getting teched very early in the season by Glory doesn't discount a top 10 ranking IMOP. That is still a borderline blood round ranking.

I think Aguilar and Alvarez are as legit as it gets, but I won't get too excited until I see how they finish at the Scuffle.

Reactions: elvis7 and FoxRU
Sorry if I missed it somewhere else, but there was a little speculation that Suriano would come back in the spring, and possibly at 125. I'm assuming 133 now, if he does?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else, but there was a little speculation that Suriano would come back in the spring, and possibly at 125. I'm assuming 133 now, if he does?

I guess it depends on how brutal of a cut 125 is for him. He looks big even for a 133.

Ouch potential NCAA qualifiers Aguilar or Alvarez would loose their starting spots.

Of course it has to be at a weight where we having success with freshmen lol. With that being said, hopefully it's 133 so Alvarez could at-least redshirt and train with an NCAA champion for an additional year.

Obviously either of them can claim the spot by beating Nick, but I don't see that happening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT