ADVERTISEMENT

Agulair, Aragona, Alvarez & Angelo

PatMineo22

Redshirt
May 10, 2019
It’s clear that Alvarez has stood out as the most consistent among the Young A’s.. The other guys all showed they can hang and beat ranked foes but just haven’t been able to remain as consistent. I think if they stick together these 4 can do great things together in the coming years. I know Agulair already redshirted; do we see a beneficial redshirt for any of the others in coming years? Hmm

I know Agulair already redshirted; do we see a beneficial redshirt for any of the others in coming years? Hmm
Oh boy now you've opened up a can of worms. Let the debate begin all over again.

Has nothing to do with the Lipari/Aragona debate. I meant moving forward do we see any redshirts in store for those 3? Hmm...

I would assume Aragona and Alvarez redshirt next year.. no inside info or anything, just a guess

I think Alvarez will not redshirt unless he gets injured
Does Angelo grey shirt at FLWC count already? I don't see him redshirting.
No Knock at Angelo but I think his peak right now is NCAA Qualifier with blood round potential later in his career,
Aguilar has used his redshirt. He struggles to finds offense against top wrestlers. If he improves his strength, I see him as a blood round guy in has last 2 seasons.

Can anyone beat Aragona at 141 next year? Can Joey Olivieri push him? Do we land Shayne Van Ness? If he is by far our best option send him out.

I do think Turley may redshirt next season (Kanniard/Glasgow/MVB and Vulkah will battle for 157 and 165)

Aguilar needs to live in the weight-room in the off season. He gets absolutely mauled by physical guys at 125. He has the elite quickness, but those top guys like Lee, Glory, Mueller, Picc, etc are quick as well but they are so physically dominating.

Schroder is a great wrestler, not taking anything away from him, but he's not one of the elite at the weight and he absolutely overpowered Aguilar from start to finish. It was the same thing against Glory, where he got teched 15-0. He didn't score a single offensive point against either of them.

ADVERTISEMENT