ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ahmirr Robinson has entered the transfer portal

Didn't Robinson arrive with a lot of buzz? Wasn't he going to be the next Britt, Sanu, Melton...?

Of course, I could be confusing him with someone else.

Pretty crowded in the wr room:
Cruickshank, Youngblood, Harris, Ryan, Jones, Dremel, Washington, Munnerlyn, Patterson. Rochelle, Amankwaa, A. Brown, Ledgister
yes, but the top 4 receivers may all be seniors. Also will Washington be here in 2023?

There will be others as we are probably still 3-4 over. Kids leave and kids transfer in it’s the new way.

As long as Dremel’s here we’re good. We could also use Thomas Amankua at both DB and WR ala Mo Sanu. Both from same town I believe.

Didn't Robinson arrive with a lot of buzz? Wasn't he going to be the next Britt, Sanu, Melton...?

Not sure how you can make those comparisons. Britt and Melton were highly rated 4 stars. Sanu was supposed to be a stud safety but the staff new very early on he was a great player and switched him to WR. Best of luck Mr Robinson!

Reactions: Rokodesh

I don't think anyone ever said that. He was a pretty good local recruit but no crazy expectations.

Reactions: PaKnight
He was a good recruit that was part of the Union High School pipeline we had established for many years. Lou Grasso Jr. from Colonia ( father coached Roselle for years) the current coach and former Rutgers player has done a great job directing players here. Robinson was a kid I thought had a chance but his development or playing time never happened. This may have been due to our lack of offensive consistency. Wish the Ahmir Robinson good luck.

With all the Seniors playing this year there will be a real void next year.
Surprised he didn’t stay

Do these players consult with someone before putting their name on the TP?
What is the process? Do they talk to the coach, parents, girlfriend, professor, psychologist, priest, etc.?

With all the Seniors playing this year there will be a real void next year.
Surprised he didn’t stay
A void at WR ? … we’ll be thin but not in dire shape as in the past several years . Shameen Jones and the kid from West Virginia are done however Dremel, Cruickshank , Youngblood and Isaiah Washington , Taj Harris, RashadcRochelle and Max Patterson should be a good start . I didn’t have the complete list of for 2022 at WR’s but those are several prospects. As I wrote recently do not count out Thomas Amankwa now at DB but an exceptional prospect at the WR position. Al Shadee Salaam gives us a dynamite weapon out of the backfield or in the slot . The portal can help. WR is not a big issue con my opinion.

A void at WR ? … we’ll be thin but not in dire shape as in the past several years . Shameen Jones and the kid from West Virginia are done however Dremel, Cruickshank , Youngblood and Isaiah Washington , Taj Harris, RashadcRochelle and Max Patterson should be a good start . I didn’t have the complete list of for 2022 at WR’s but those are several prospects. As I wrote recently do not count out Thomas Amankwa now at DB but an exceptional prospect at the WR position. Al Shadee Salaam gives us a dynamite weapon out of the backfield or in the slot . The portal can help. WR is not a big issue con my opinion.
Harris played 3 years at Cuse, I doubt he will be at Rutgers after this year. Going pro in my opinion.

Of the others you name, which one is a star WR? None have proven to be a #1 or #2 receiver yet.

Hillsborough and South Brunswick, I thought without googling?
Correct.

As for depth we are fine at WR. LB is an area of need right now. Maybe Safety but seemed like we have a lot of young talent coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT