ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling AJ Ferrari using OV to RU next weekend

Huh? It's been posted here by others and isn't a secret.
not to mention I think attention has beecome the single most valuable thing in the world.
This would definitely be great get. However for trajectory it is one of those huge get must get. It has that climate especially at the upper weight. Id downey expected to have a big impact? Also is the brother expected to almost certainly wrestle at the same school or is his recruitment viewed as different.

I heard through the grapevine that Oklahoma St. has got him locked up. I would think he's just humoring us right now. I couldn't possibly think why that young man would want to wrestle for that old fart John Smith. He's got a bunch of whiners and cheap shot artists for assistants. John Smith is no better. He used to be a man of integrity and hard noses, now he's trying to win matches with these hands in the face calls and and headgear violations. I wouldn't put too much stock into this Ferrari kid

I heard through the grapevine that Oklahoma St. has got him locked up. I would think he's just humoring us right now. I couldn't possibly think why that young man would want to wrestle for that old fart John Smith. He's got a bunch of whiners and cheap shot artists for assistants. John Smith is no better. He used to be a man of integrity and hard noses, now he's trying to win matches with these hands in the face calls and and headgear violations. I wouldn't put too much stock into this Ferrari kid

Literally the least reliable grapevine on the planet.

Literally the least reliable grapevine on the planet.
Keep telling yourself that.A girl on a wrestling board,trying to tell someone who actually wrestled 4 years for Rutgers,was very well known and accomplished on the team,has endless friends and resources in the wrestling community.Yeah..Id put the house on what you have to say.Go try to find a "I shouldn't be on wrestling board,instwqd I should be watching The View,with the other mouthy,non informative dingbats" forum.

Keep telling yourself that.A girl on a wrestling board,trying to tell someone who actually wrestled 4 years for Rutgers,was very well known and accomplished on the team,has endless friends and resources in the wrestling community.Yeah..Id put the house on what you have to say.Go try to find a "I shouldn't be on wrestling board,instead I should be watching The View,with the other mouthy,non informative dingbats" forum.

No one knows shit at this point. People are just saying that because they assume no one would choose Ru over Ok St. Well, times are changing, and people who say that aren't keeping up.

Who the hell wants to wrestle out in the boonies for that old man anyway....he looked ridiculous in the Suriano matches

Reactions: scottsdaleal
Keep telling yourself that.A girl on a wrestling board,trying to tell someone who actually wrestled 4 years for Rutgers,was very well known and accomplished on the team,has endless friends and resources in the wrestling community.Yeah..Id put the house on what you have to say.Go try to find a "I shouldn't be on wrestling board,instwqd I should be watching The View,with the other mouthy,non informative dingbats" forum.

You have been wrong so many times with your bs it’s funny. I wrestled at RU too and do more for the program than you ever will. You are the definition of big hat, no cattle.

Remember when wrestling fans said Nicky Suriano would never leave Penn St and Cael Sanderson for a school that never produced a National Champ? I remember that pretty well, all those "In the know" , so called experts, who laughed at the thought. They had all those insiders telling them it would never happen. Then they turned their tune to tampering, then changed it to other bullcrap.

Nicky Suriano, Joe Grello, Jordan Pagano, Peter Lipari... all Bergen Catholic , tough guy wrestlers, with a lot welcoming for a wrestling family also from Bergen Catholic like the Ferraris. And other connections I won't even go in to.

Hey, we got PDIII now too in the NJRTC. One tough guy learning from an even tougher guy.

Last edited:

I agree that OK St. has a leg up on RU for AJ since the Ferrari family is moving back for Allen, TX, which is only a 4-hr drive to Stillwater. I also agree that John Smith is no longer a man of integrity. His gamesmanship during the two Suriano vs. Fix matches was bad for wrestling. Fortunately, the NCAA rules oversight committee has proposed two changes that will send John Smith back to the drawing board: 1. Hands to the face will be changed from an unnecessary roughness violation to an illegal hold and 2. an unsuccessful coach’s video review challenge will result in a stalling warning for that coach’s wrestler.

I hope I am wrong and AJ sees RU as a great way to further his career. Our top 10 finish at NCAAs, two national champions, top five home attendance, and the new performance center should help!

I agree that OK St. has a leg up on RU for AJ since the Ferrari family is moving back for Allen, TX, which is only a 4-hr drive to Stillwater. I also agree that John Smith is no longer a man of integrity. His gamesmanship during the two Suriano vs. Fix matches was bad for wrestling. Fortunately, the NCAA rules oversight committee has proposed two changes that will send John Smith back to the drawing board: 1. Hands to the face will be changed from an unnecessary roughness violation to an illegal hold and 2. an unsuccessful coach’s video review challenge will result in a stalling warning for that coach’s wrestler.

I hope I am wrong and AJ sees RU as a great way to further his career. Our top 10 finish at NCAAs, two national champions, top five home attendance, and the new performance center should help!
The "drawing board" that includes five national championship teams, 32 national champions, 125 All-Americans, two gold medals, four world championships...? I think Smith will get by. :)

I get it, you don't like the way he coached against your guy, but if he didn't use every means necessary, within the rules, to help his wrestler to get a win, was he doing his job? I didn't like the hands to the face rule, either, but don't hate the player, hate the game. And, in this case, the game was created by the NCAA. Smith was just playing the game.

John Smith has amazing credentials as a Head Coach.

Ok State had a down year in 2018
2018 - 4 NCAA All Americans
2017 - 7 NCAA All Americans
2016 - 6 NCAA All Americans
2015 - 4 NCAA All Americans, 1 National Champion (Dieringer)

I thought the game plan for Dayton Fix was bad in the NCAA. Not sure why he wrestled so passive. Dayton is Aggressive in Freestyle. I know the coach does not wrestle, but I thought that loss was on the coach for that one.

I was not happy with John Smith's antics during the Suriano bouts (and the one Gfeller vs Ashnault bout), but I imagine some of that is brought out by Nick's Wrestling Style. I can't judge J. Smith's career because he annoyed me for 3 matches against RU.

Oh.... BY the way.....
RU has 2 times as many National Champions than Ok. State the last 4 years
:)

Reactions: rubigtimenow

I thought the game plan for Dayton Fix was bad in the NCAA. Not sure why he wrestled so passive. Dayton is Aggressive in Freestyle. I know the coach does not wrestle, but I thought that loss was on the coach for that one.

I was not happy with John Smith's antics during the Suriano bouts (and the one Gfeller vs Ashnault bout), but I imagine some of that is brought out by Nick's Wrestling Style. I can't judge J. Smith's career because he annoyed me for 3 matches against RU.

Oh.... BY the way.....
Oh, brother. Recency bias, coupled with fanboy bias. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Totally agree regarding everything else.

Reactions: R U Crazy

Oh.... BY the way.....

Great credentials but he seemed like a real douche during the Suriano v Fix matches.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Is there anything coherent here?

Reactions: koleszar
For someone like me who doesn’t know much about wrestling, could you tell me how good he is compared to past Rutgers football or basketball players. Is this like getting a Tom Savage, Anthony Davis, Mike Rosario?

For someone like me who doesn’t know much about wrestling, could you tell me how good he is compared to past Rutgers football or basketball players. Is this like getting a Tom Savage, Anthony Davis, Mike Rosario?
More like Phil Sellers.

He is an instant AA candidate expected to AA and compete for National Championships multiple years like Ashnault and Suriano.

Daton Fix’s Dad was named director of their RTC. A job he lacks qualifications for (especially given the credentials of some other okie state alum).

Smith may have putting winning above everything else

Reactions: RU23
Is there anything coherent here?
I'm still trying to figure out what "instwqd" means. Is it some acronym the kids are using today? Or where to find the other,non informative dingbats" forum. Grammar and sentence structure is definitely not his strong suit.

Last edited:
Daton Fix’s Dad was named director of their RTC. A job he lacks qualifications for (especially given the credentials of some other okie state alum).

Smith may have putting winning above everything else

Wrestling is simply catching up to college football and basketball unfortunately.

#1 recruit in the entire country!

RUBigtime, number 1 in the country !!! Is there a way to clone Coach Goodale and each one can go to football,baseball,lacrosse,etc. ? He will have to come up with something bigger than Boom if he signs him.That is great news. I was thinking about getting season tickets this year, but it has become more and more difficult at work to get weeknights off, but will be making as many Saturday and Sunday matches as possible. Hope there are some days with wrestling and basketball on the same day since I drive up from Manchester.

I was thinking about getting season tickets this year, but it has become more and more difficult at work to get weeknights off, but will be making as many Saturday and Sunday matches as possible.

Heaven Univ -- Almost all, if not all wrestling matches, are on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. So work should not get in the way.

But season tickets. There are not expensive. It is the best deal at Rutgers.

Racpack, Friday nights are out due to work. I currently work until Midnight. I WILL get to some Saturday and Sunday matches. The RAC is a great atmosphere when we are winning--whether it is basketball or wrestling.

I don't think there are any Saturday matches that I can remember.

Friday and Sunday are the majority of all matches, especially during the B1G season as it allows teams to visit Maryland/Rutgers on Friday/Sunday.

The rare exception has been the matches at HPSS

I don't think there are any Saturday matches that I can remember.

Friday and Sunday are the majority of all matches, especially during the B1G season as it allows teams to visit Maryland/Rutgers on Friday/Sunday.

The rare exception has been the matches at HPSS
I hope we have more matches at the stadium in the future. Both times have been an absolute ball. As our football tailgate doubled in size. Our wrestling fan friends joined in, being outside just made it feel so different. We lucked out big time on both occasions with the weather too boot.

ADVERTISEMENT