ADVERTISEMENT

Akoldah Gak

CollegeAve

All Conference
Apr 10, 2009
After taking a look at his tape, I'm shocked things havent exploded for him. I really hope Pike and co can make this happen!

Reactions: zebnatto
Impressive. Athletic guard skills in a center’s body. Looks like a five star player.

GO RU

The kid sure can dunk with the best of 'em, but he also has nice skills dribbling, shooting, and driving.

Dream Class of '21:

- Wing Jaden Jones
- G Jaylen Blakes
- Combo F Trey Patterson
- PF Gak

One additional point about Gak -- with his ballhandling and shooting skills, you can play him with Cliff at the same time, as Gak provides at least a threat of an outside shot, and has mid-range scoring ability too. He would be a modern "Stretch 4" to Cliff's "5".

Imagine opposing offenses trying to score in the paint against Cliff and Gak. Oh my, that would be quite the Block Party.

Dream Class of '21:

- Wing Jaden Jones
- G Jaylen Blakes
- Combo F Trey Patterson
- PF Gak

c16c7d43370dbf09eec12714112006fc.jpg

it looks like fans predict him to RU. i dont see any experts on any site predicting him to RU this early.

I dont know how in the world a kid with his size and skill set is a 3*, but i'll be happy if he stays under the radar enough for us to get him.

When the stars are given out, is it customary for underclassmen to start as 2* or 3* then move up as they become seniors, when the 4* and 5* people move on, assuming of course, that they improve along the way?

Thanks. I've never understood how static or fluid the star system is.

One additional point about Gak -- with his ballhandling and shooting skills, you can play him with Cliff at the same time, as Gak provides at least a threat of an outside shot, and has mid-range scoring ability too. He would be a modern "Stretch 4" to Cliff's "5".

Imagine opposing offenses trying to score in the paint against Cliff and Gak. Oh my, that would be quite the Block Party.
You mean the "BLOCK R PARTY"

We would need for Decoure to leave - and that would put us at 13 - if we took that 4 man class. Nova will probably be hard to beat out for Paterson. But still Jaden, Blakes, and Gak would be perfectly fine. The 2022 class is where we could kill. Imagine landing Armstrong, Pierre, and Floyd jr. Sheesh

The kid sure can dunk with the best of 'em, but he also has nice skills dribbling, shooting, and driving.

Dream Class of '21:

- Wing Jaden Jones
- G Jaylen Blakes
- Combo F Trey Patterson
- PF Gak

Rivals shows schools of interest: RU, UConn, Wake and Miami. Projecting for RU
Just for clarification no one with Rivals has made any kind of projection, as it were, for RU. A Rutgers fan made a FanFutureCast for Rutgers.

Gak could very well end up at RU but time will tell as they say.

Reactions: shields
He is my number four ...

We have three ships for next year ...Baker, young and kiss ...so we would need a someone to leave to have a 4th ship

jones is number one

think a point guard (one of Blake’s, Conway or diggins) is number two

With the last ship it would be gak or Patterson

to get both would need a transfer

would say that this four man class
4 star jones
4 star Blakes, Conway or diggins
4 star Patterson
3 star gak

would be a top 10-15 class

6'11? Wow. This kid looks like he can become a beast. Would be shocked if he isn't offered by some bigger programs in the future

I like the Siakim comparison a lot!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Herve Lamizana
He looks like similar athleticism to Lamizana but with much better skills and a perimeter game. Dribbling, driving, shooting threes, and great scoring touch around the basket. Add 25 pounds and some coaching and he'd be the best player we've had since the 70's.

He reminds me of Okoru from Minny last year. He and his teammate Blakes would be two major pieces to a great class.

He is my number four ...

We have three ships for next year ...Baker, young and kiss ...so we would need a someone to leave to have a 4th ship

You forget about Doucoure. Even if he is granted a redshirt for 2018-19 (since he only played in 6 games), unless he has a big year next year, I rather doubt he gets a 5th year at Rutgers, more likely a grad transfer, assuming he is on track to graduate in 4.

Gak sure has a decent game. Good ups and body control. Rather he didn't put the ball on the floor as often as he does, especially low in the paint, as he's more likely to get stripped at the next level.

Thought Trey Patterson was showing no interest in RU - is this changing??

Thought Trey Patterson was showing no interest in RU - is this changing??

I don’t think that’s the case at all. He likes our staff and Pike has been to a bunch of his games. He’s commented publicly about our recent success and and facilities upgrades, and how it makes us “very attractive” now. But he is being pursued by a lot of schools. And our campus is practically walking distance from his home, which is a big negative for most college bound kids basketball or not. It’s going to be a tough one for us to win.

Kid looks like Lamar Odom coming out of HS. Has center size, guard handle, athletic, body control, can stroke it from the outside, can drive with finesse and power.

Would be a great get for RU.

GO RU

ADVERTISEMENT