Alabama +28 vs. The Jets

Alabama +28 vs. The Jets?

• Alabama +28

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • NY Jets -28

Votes: 49 69.0%

• Total voters
Alabama +28, no.

College all star team (with a training camp together) +28, yes.

Lets see Jets lost 6 games by 6 or less points....... bama would get destroyed

26-year-old men against 21-year-old young men. Faster, stronger, smarter, technically sound men who were drafted and have played against (and with) Super Bowl teams their whole careers versus 21-year-olds. Wouldn't take long for the Bama boys to say to themselves, What the fvck just happened in the last five minutes of this game?

It might take a while to get to the 28, but once they did it would get a lot uglier very quickly. Wear down doesn't begin to describe it.

Most players on Bama's team will never play in the NFL vs a team of nothing but NFL players? That is just SEC Koolaid crazy talk.

It would be like Rutgers at 2-10 playing a great High School team. As much as we sucked this year we would still destroy a High school team, worst than we beat Howard.

Most players on Bama's team will never play in the NFL vs a team of nothing but NFL players? That is just SEC Koolaid crazy talk.

It would be like Rutgers at 2-10 playing a great High School team. As much as we sucked this year we would still destroy a High school team, worst than we beat Howard.

Howard vs IMG would be less of a talent gap than Bama/NFL, but I would still expect Howard to dominate a group of elite high school kids

The better question is how RU would fare against the Jets. I am imagining a scoreless tie.

Any NFL team would completely and utterly destroy the best college team. Man vs boys.

Every guy on the NFL team and every back up is better than the guy they are playing against.

It's like saying the best high school team could compete with a top 36 college team.

It's silliness.

Reactions: Rutgers Man 22
A great HS team like Don Bosco or St. Peters would get destroyed if it played Rutgers, so why would anyone think that Alabama could beat the Jets? Alabama players are not playing against the pros every Saturday. Jets go up against teams like the Patriots and almost beat them.

The Jets almost lost to the College All Stars in 1969,but that game was played in an era in which the pros did not train year round,the major difference between then and now.Even so,I was astonished then at how close that game was,listening to it on Route 3 after returning from Shea where Ron Taylor got the last out-Hank Aaron-in the Mets' win.

I know it's fun to imagine... but get real...

if the game actually counted as a W for the Jets and wasn't some sort of silly exhibition (not sure how many on this board remember they used to occasionally play Pros vs. College All Star games)....and the Jets wouldn't get the win unless they win by at least 28 points...

I'd expect 72-0 or worse....

I know it's fun to imagine... but get real...

if the game actually counted as a W for the Jets and wasn't some sort of silly exhibition (not sure how many on this board remember they used to occasionally play Pros vs. College All Star games)....and the Jets wouldn't get the win unless they win by at least 28 points...

I'd expect 72-0 or worse....

As I recall the game between the NFL runner-up and the college all-stars was played every year. An all-star team cannot be prepared well, and so the games tended not to be competitive. Finally the series was stopped.

A pro team would win. Put four of the Jet's lineman on our team and one WR and Gio would look like the best QB in the B1G. However the Jets should be ashamed of themselves for not playing hard especially since they are paid to do so. The coach really yelled at the defense he was so mad.

Reactions: Rutgers Man 22
If I remember correctly, the College All-Star Game, if not the first pre-season game, was played in late July, early August. Clearly, the NFL team did not play this game at full strength, or with many of it's starters. Yet they still won handily.

I think some of the skill guys would be comparable but the defense line would desstroy the O line and vice versa so the Bama QB would be on his ass all game and the Jets / Browns QB would have all day to throw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT