ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama vs Florida- NJ Fitzpatrick burned by WR

Extra Point

Heisman Winner
Aug 9, 2001
Florida gets a TD on their first drive, their WR puts on the pattern against Fitzpatrick. Oooohhh!

I know every program can't get every player in their state to stay home, but it makes you wonder how our program would be if we had every NJ player who decided to leave. Alabama alone has two NJ kids starting in their defensive backfield

Alabama has 16 points and not a single first down. Only 3 offensive plays.

And a Florida return off a blocked PAT. What a crazy game so far.

I know every program can't get every player in their state to stay home, but it makes you wonder how our program would be if we had every NJ player who decided to leave. Alabama alone has two NJ kids starting in their defensive backfield

Can't get every player in their home state ? I'd be very , very happy if we got 2 or 3 of the Top 10 NJ Recruits every year. Under the Flood disaster we got Zero in Four years. That set us back tremendously.

Played high school ball with his Dad Minkah Sr. and uncle Sadiki in the late 80's-early 90's at South River. Dad played WR and DB. Same school that produced Joe Theismann, Drew Pearson, Kenny Jackson, Alex Wojciechowicz And Troy Hill. Met them right after Hurricane Sandy standing in line to pick up gas at a Hess on Route 18. Asked him if he was giving Rutgers any consideration. Minkah Jr was a very humble person and deferred to his Dad. Didn't know he would make it this far. Kid is an NFL prospect.

Last edited:
Although I am a lifelong RU fan I am a U of F grad and like to see them do well. They are hanging in there today but Bama is just so damned powerful it is hard to maintain for 4 quarters.

Played high school ball with his Dad Minkah Sr. and uncle Sadiki in the early 90's at South River. Dad played WR and DB. Same school that produced Joe Theismann, Drew Pearson, Kenny Jackson, Alex Wojciechowicz And Troy Hill. Met them right after Hurricane Sandy standing in line to pick up gas at a Hess on Route 18. Asked him if he was giving Rutgers any consideration. Minkah Jr was a very humble person and deferred to his Dad. Didn't know he would make it this far. Kid is an NFL prospect.

I grew up with his cousins. the whole family is tremendously gifted.

If we got most of the top 10 kids in NJ to stay home, we would be a top 5 team in the nation. 100%. 75% of Penn State's starters are from New Jersey. Ohio State's #1 receiver and the best player on Michigan.

If we got most of the top 10 kids in NJ to stay home, we would be a top 5 team in the nation. 100%. 75% of Penn State's starters are from New Jersey. Ohio State's #1 receiver and the best player on Michigan.
Our goal should be 5 out of the top 10 every year.

Reactions: Scarlet5
We got that answer with Brady Hoke at Michigan--top talent, poor results.
We also saw that answer in 2012 and 2013 at RU. We would have been 8-4 at best or 7-5 in 2015 if we were stocked with all that talent. Minkah Fitzpatrick would have been playing in a zone with a 50 yard cushion.

We got that answer with Brady Hoke at Michigan--top talent, poor results.
We also saw that answer in 2012 and 2013 at RU. We would have been 8-4 at best or 7-5 in 2015 if we were stocked with all that talent. Minkah Fitzpatrick would have been playing in a zone with a 50 yard cushion.
I will take top talent and mediocre coaching over top coaching and mediocre talent any day and so would most athletic directors.In a ideal world you would like to be Alabama and have both.

I will take top talent and mediocre coaching over top coaching and mediocre talent any day and so would most athletic directors.In a ideal world you would like to be Alabama and have both.

So, you would take Brady Hokes' 2014 Michigan team over Matt Rhule's 2016 Temple team or PJ Fleck's 2017 WMU team? I would not. Isn't it it is more frustrating to watch a team with high potential underperform due to bad coaching then watching a coach get a bunch of mediocre players to overperform?

ADVERTISEMENT