ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Mackall (OH 120 lbs state champ) commits!

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Great get. He beat Yanni Diakomihalis at Journeymen but lost to Suriano 3-0. Here's an article on him winning states earlier this year:
http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/2421311437464320749/walsh-jesuits-alex-mackall-mike-kostandaras-win-division-i-state-titles-ohsaa-wrestling-2014-videos/

How does this impact us with Suriano?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Wow...That is a Great recruit and being able to land an Ohio State Champ is just huge for the program.. Not only landing an Ohio stud but from Walsh Jesuit ...One of the most decorated programs in USA.
This post was edited on 12/15 8:27 PM by LetsGoRUwrestling

According to InterMat:

Mackall is ranked 6 at 120
Paetzell is 8 at 113
Lipari is 18 at 126.

Nice get. Does this tell us anything about what the staff thinks Suriano is likely to do? We really need a couple of recruits of this caliber at the higher weight classes.

"Mackall joins Perry senior Kyle Kremiller as a Rutgers recruit."

Who is Kremiller? How good is he?

Do the different high school levels in Ohio wrestle each other like in NJ? Definitely not taking anything away from the kid winning a state title, just wondering since I saw something about Division 1 and Division 2 in Ohio.

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
Do the different high school levels in Ohio wrestle each other like in NJ? Definitely not taking anything away from the kid winning a state title, just wondering since I saw something about Division 1 and Division 2 in Ohio.

Ohio has 3 divisions in wrestling so they have 3 state champions at each weight class.

This kid Mackall wants to be here and be a Scarlet Knight. That is the kind of kid we want and go after. He will probably be a 133 pounder eventually. It does not affect Suriano. We will attack and put the full press on Suriano and have and the rest is up to him if he wants to be a Knight as well. We are not slacking off on him. He will certainly have many options and suitors.

ADVERTISEMENT