ADVERTISEMENT

Alexis Morris to Rutgers

going to be really good here what did she get dismissed for at Baylor

Some player(s) is not going to be happy. There is only 1 ball and only 2 guards

Some player(s) is not going to be happy. There is only 1 ball and only 2 guards
I believe she will have to sit out for a year, so we will have Arella, Zippy, Noga,, Joyia and Alex who are guards when she is able to play. We have 7 guards on the roster right now and the only one that doesn't get playing time is KK who is injured. There should be enough playing time available for all of them if they play well enough to earn it.

Reactions: Bon1674
I believe she will have to sit out for a year, so we will have Arella, Zippy, Noga,, Joyia and Alex who are guards when she is able to play. We have 7 guards on the roster right now and the only one that doesn't get playing time is KK who is injured. There should be enough playing time available for all of them if they play well enough to earn it.

I believe she will have 3 years of eligibility and can play right away (2019-20). She was not a member Baylor team this year (released in Sept before the season started) so I that's effectively her redshirt year.

She is sitting out this year. I don't understand the rules. Why would she need to sit out next year?

Class of 2017

She played in 2017/18 season, and not in 2018/19 season.

Thus, if she is immediately eligible (like all transfers seem to be these days), she has 3 years to play staring next Fall at RU?

(If not eligible, then she has 2 years starting Fall 2020.)

Reactions: ScarletteK80
She is sitting out this year. I don't understand the rules. Why would she need to sit out next year?
You all may be right. I wasn't sure how the NCAA treated transfers that were dismissed from the program. That would be great. The number of guards we will have next year would then be 6 or 7 as CC will still be here.

I'll just say CVS just brought in a good player and I hope Alexis makes us proud she's a Scarlet Knight on the court and off it.

The transfer rules changed on October 15, 2018. My recollections are that there is no NCAA-mandated waiting period and that conferences may impose restrictions.

I want to see confirmation from RU--how long does it usually take for some kind of announcement?

I believe she will have 3 years of eligibility and can play right away (2019-20). She was not a member Baylor team this year (released in Sept before the season started) so I that's effectively her redshirt year.
This is correct.

The transfer rules changed on October 15, 2018. My recollections are that there is no NCAA-mandated waiting period and that conferences may impose restrictions.

I want to see confirmation from RU--how long does it usually take for some kind of announcement?
My understanding is that she will be eligible in January next year.

Reactions: RUonBrain

Women's Basketball Adds Transfer Alexis Morris

Rutgers women's basketball head coach C. Vivian Stringer has announced the signing of transfer guard Alexis Morris to the Scarlet Knights roster. A 5-6 guard from Beaumont, Texas, Morris will arrive at Rutgers with three years of eligibility remaining and be able to take the court for the Scarlet Knights in January of 2020.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2019/1/22/womens-basketball-adds-transfer-alexis-morris.aspx

DxiHqxJWwAMZ4YX.jpg:large

Reactions: ScarletDave
WOW! And a 3-point shooter to boot! Again, I will ALWAYS give credit where and when it's due: CViv is turning things back around!!!

Reactions: ScarletDave
That being said....what'd she do at BU to get the boot? Thanks.

EDIT from BU boards:

"Pattern of discipline issues. Final straw was an arrest for beating the shit out of her girlfriend. "

....Yikes. Hopefully CViv is the answer to this girl's problems.

Last edited:
That being said....what'd she do at BU to get the boot? Thanks.

EDIT from BU boards:

"Pattern of discipline issues. Final straw was an arrest for beating the shit out of her girlfriend. "

....Yikes. Hopefully CViv is the answer to this girl's problems.

Can she sneak over to the the Mens court in the new practice facility and put on a free throw clinic? 83.6% clip. Wow. $$$$

Hope it is not Shalicia Hurns Part 2
yes 14 years ago an RU player was arrested. Not sure how the comparisons are if charges were dropped against Morris. Arrests don’t mean conviction, and with Stringer at the help I’m highly skeptical she didn’t do her own vetting. New environment, new teammates and out of the deep roots of the lone star state. Everyone deserves a second chance if they learn and show remorse

eligable next january

Welcome to the big time, I would believe CVS did get due diligence with her. But she's a three point shooter and coach does enjoys them now. So who knows .

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
C viv has done the second chance thing before. She runs things with tough love upon arrival so it’s fine. Hopefully the young woman has learned, Will toe the line, and be an excellent teammate.

Reactions: KevH
Wow when discipline and behavior issues are even too much for BAYLOL...[roll]

(I despise that school...i would root for UConn if they met again)

Reactions: Kbee3
If I remember correctly, Kim told Griner not to come out until after her senior year,

If CVS can help get this young lady squared away, what a huge plus re: shooting.

I believe if any coach can help her is CVS. I think that is one of the reasons her decided to join our program, she is entering with her eyes wide open. I'm certain she understands how CVS runs her program and what is expected of her now.

I believe if any coach can help her is CVS. I think that is one of the reasons her decided to join our program, she is entering with her eyes wide open. I'm certain she understands how CVS runs her program and what is expected of her now.
You would think so.

ADVERTISEMENT