ADVERTISEMENT

Alexis Morris transfers again

Not to be nasty, but I heard from several people that she is, or was "difficult." In other words CVS, and Mulkey@Baylor were/are tough enough not to put up with her.
But, she hardly played, was injured though.
That is also why I am surprised about taking Shug Dickson. " Rutgers will be the fourth school for 5’10” guard Shug Dickson, who is transferring from Missouri after beginning her career at Tulsa and then Texas Tech. She averaged 10.4 points, 3.9 assists and 3.1 rebounds last season for the Tigers, including 47.9% from the field and 35.4% from behind the arc. An experienced player who could be productive in whatever role she takes on next season."
Maybe she can play in practice games, if much at all.

Last edited:
Not to be nasty, but I heard from several people that she is, or was "difficult." In other words CVS, and Mulkey@Baylor were/are tough enough not to put up with her.
But, she hardly played, was injured though.
That is also why I am surprised about taking Shug Dickson. " Rutgers will be the fourth school for 5’10” guard Shug Dickson, who is transferring from Missouri after beginning her career at Tulsa and then Texas Tech. She averaged 10.4 points, 3.9 assists and 3.1 rebounds last season for the Tigers, including 47.9% from the field and 35.4% from behind the arc. An experienced player who could be productive in whatever role she takes on next season."
Maybe she can play in practice games, if much at all.
??? You lost me. She is a grad student, so they often transfer. Rutgers is a cut above Tulsa and Texas Tech; I don't know who she played for at TT but they had a coach / mistreatment of player issue a couple years ago. Tulsa is just "not very good". I don't know much about the Missouri program; assorted commenters don't love the coach, but probably because they (rightly or wrongly) don't think she is very good as opposed to any "issues".

I'm also confused here and wondering if I missed something in regard to Shug Dickson. I'm not aware of any negative news on her. The games I looked at for Mizzou last year left me wondering why she didn't get more playing time. She seemed like one of their best players. She said she went there to be close to home

Seems to me that she was good enough to go to a topWBB program out of HS. She ends up at Tulsa and shows up big against UConn every time they play and gets the necessary attention to move on to a higher level team. TTU just happened to be on the decline,....she gets a little homesick and comes to Mizzou. As Knight Time said, that program has some questions right now. The smart person that she is, Shug realizes that Diamond and Zippy left a void that needs to filled. With RU shining all over the WNBA, why not transfer again and take advantage of what we have to offer toward realizing her professional aspirations.

Let's not talk anything negative into existence. 😎Let's keep that positive energy going along with continued prayers for our All-Time great.

Last year at A/M Morris played around 9 minutes a game in the 20 games ( of TAM's 28 game schedule) she appeared in.
Could be leaving for the kind of playing time she hasn't found at any of her previous stops after Baylor dismissed her .
Alexis seems to have the talent to excel, but there might be something in the way she acts that might keep a coach from feeling they can rely on Morris on or off the court.

Her freshman year play at Baylor made Alexis look like she had a good basketball future, but its been mostly a downhill ride since she was dismissed from Baylor.

Last edited:
Last year at A/M Morris played around 9 minutes a game in the 20 games ( of TAM's 28 game schedule) she appeared in.
Could be leaving for the kind of playing time she hasn't found at any of her previous stops after Baylor dismissed her .
Alexis seems to have the talent to excel, but there might be something in the way she acts that might keep a coach from feeling they can rely on Morris on or off the court.

Her freshman year play at Baylor made Alexis look like she had a good basketball future, but its been mostly a downhill ride since she was dismissed from Baylor.
Thanks, MADHAT. Well said, and I agree totally with your post.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT