ADVERTISEMENT

Alum to NJ Supreme Court

She graduated Rutgers-Camden law, and I am almost sure I had her as a student in my large first year Property class. I have no particular recollection of her, though.

Will she be the first Supreme/highest state court student you taught?

You're not building a resume anymore but it's pretty cool. With SCOTUS opinions these last few weeks I always thought it's cool to see law professors on Twitter talking about how they taught this or that Justice a concept.

Hopefully we go back to seeing more state jurists ascending the bench rather than just those from the federal courts.

I know I have some other fairly distinguished alums in my past classes, but I've never tried to compile them. She is certainly the only NJ Supreme Court justice I've taught.

State supreme court justices almost always come from the state courts. Sandra Day O'Connor was the last U.S. Supreme Court justice to come directly from a state court. That will give you an idea how hard it was at that time ( 1981 or thereabouts) to find a woman with the background to serve on the Supreme Court

I hope you are not missing the Current Events board. I logged in yesterday for the first time in a long time, and saw it was gone. IMHO, it is no loss, It needed a terrific amount of moderation, and the management was not willing or capable of doing that.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I know I have some other fairly distinguished alums in my past classes, but I've never tried to compile them. She is certainly the only NJ Supreme Court justice I've taught.

State supreme court justices almost always come from the state courts. Sandra Day O'Connor was the last U.S. Supreme Court justice to come directly from a state court. That will give you an idea how hard it was at that time ( 1981 or thereabouts) to find a woman with the background to serve on the Supreme Court

I hope you are not missing the Current Events board. I logged in yesterday for the first time in a long time, and saw it was gone. IMHO, it is no loss, It needed a terrific amount of moderation, and the management was not willing or capable of doing that.

I am definitely not and agree 100% on all counts.

Hope you are well in these crazy times!

ADVERTISEMENT