ADVERTISEMENT

Alvarado Final 3

Who does Jose game remind you of?

I think the big is the right league for him.

Him and Baker could be a great 1-2 punch. I really like his game. He moves in transition very well.

Shu never seemed to put full priority in this kid, and why would you go to Georgia when you are from the tri state?I feel good, but who knows.

Who does Jose game remind you of?

I think the big is the right league for him.

Him and Baker could be a great 1-2 punch. I really like his game. He moves in transition very well.

Shu never seemed to put full priority in this kid, and why would you go to Georgia when you are from the tri state?I feel good, but who knows.

In another thread I compared his game to a HS version of Bobby Hurley. Very under control, a true point (quarterback) with great court sense and vision. A winner.

Reactions: Scangg and TheRacRU
In another thread I compared his game to a HS version of Bobby Hurley. Very under control, a true point (quarterback) with great court sense and vision. A winner.
Where do I sign up?

He even looks like a Hispanic version of Bobby Hurley.

I do remember that now. I know what you are saying. In some of these games, it is a showcase for himself, so at times it does not seem like he is looking for others. But overall, he does seem like that type of player-solid vision,a winner.

I hope we land him. I am very high on Geo Baker. With the right strength program(one we have in place), Baker is a very, very underrated player.

Johnson,Alverado,Batie,Dadika
Williams, Baker, Bullock
Laurent,Thiam,Omoyuri,Bullock
Freeman,Sa
Doorson, Diallo.

Not a bad team on paper. Looking very ahead obviously, but still. The program needs progression out of Doorson this year. Best to the young lad.

It would be great if we can get Alvarado. He is a true point guard and a leader. We have made him a priority. SHU seems to like Washington better. I think we are the team really showing him the love and where he will get immediate major minutes. Pikiell and his staff are doing an amazing job in recruiting.

Reactions: Scangg and higgins3
It would be great if we can get Alvarado. He is a true point guard and a leader. We have made him a priority. SHU seems to like Washington better. I think we are the team really showing him the love and where he will get immediate major minutes. Pikiell and his staff are doing an amazing job in recruiting.

They are definitely giving their best effort. Not only Washington, but Duval is also in the mix for SHU. It is like they are giving Alvarado false information. I think it is more between us and Gtech. Someone has to get this kid to stay home so he can play in front of his friends, and more importantly, family.

I would almost put a small bet on the fact that SHU does not receive Alverado. Why?

1)Gt and Rutgers are watching him today. If SHU wanted him, why not go compete for him with his other suiters?It would be a no brainer you would think. That is like a big business seeing their competition right in front of them and not doing anything themselves.

2) Isiah whitehead is very close with Isiah Washington.Whitehead is probably telling Washington all he needs to know about SHU. On top of that, Duval still has SHU in the mix and is really close with SHu player Myles Powell.

I just do not see it happening for Alverado at SHU. I could be wrong. If I am, all I ask is that you guys here on the boards take it easy on me!

Rutgers has to go full force. Why go far?Why not be a star locally and learn your first year from a kid with a very similar game as you(Johnson).

Do not be thrown into the fire, and burn yourself too early at GT.

Stay local, my friend.

Reactions: HALL85
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 9m9 minutes ago
Seton Hall was 3 deep at Christ the King this morning for Jose Alvarado. Looking like Garden State showdown for the senior PG. #shbb #rhoops

Nevermind then. Still does not make a ton of sense,though.

Got damn. This is why SHU is better than RU. I am okay in saying that. We just need some momentum and we can compete with them. Both Jersey schools. I have no problem rooting for SHU, just not on the night they play RU.

I think we can still win this one. It will be a fight,though.We have SHOES, so I do not care who SHU has.

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 9m9 minutes ago
Seton Hall was 3 deep at Christ the King this morning for Jose Alvarado. Looking like Garden State showdown for the senior PG. #shbb #rhoops
Other than Zach being a NYer and approaching things from that point of view, I'm not sure why he is dismissing Georgia Tech. As of last night my understanding is that GT is right in the thick of things and that the kid likes the ACC. In fact, I was told that what he really coveted was a Syracuse offer but didn't get it.

They are definitely giving their best effort. Not only Washington, but Duval is also in the mix for SHU. It is like they are giving Alvarado false information. I think it is more between us and Gtech. Someone has to get this kid to stay home so he can play in front of his friends, and more importantly, family.

He will!

Trevon Duval won't be going to Seton Hall and Seton Hall knows that. In fact, I don't think Duval has enrolled in a school yet this year. I've expected him to transfer to IMG Academy and he has spent some time there meeting people, getting a tour etc but I have yet to be told he is enrolled there or anywhere.

Meanwhile, I could see Duval signing with Under Armour then going overseas to play professionally instead of going to college.

Reactions: tanthony500
UCLA essentially told Duval and Hands first to commit gets the scholarship and that was Hands. I think Duval ends up at Maryland (Under Armour-Mr. Plank).

Alvarado is Pikiel's most important recruit because he has invested a lot of time on this kid and that is why I heard they will ultimately land him.

Trevon Duval won't be going to Seton Hall and Seton Hall knows that. In fact, I don't think Duval has enrolled in a school yet this year. I've expected him to transfer to IMG Academy and he has spent some time there meeting people, getting a tour etc but I have yet to be told he is enrolled there or anywhere.

Meanwhile, I could see Duval signing with Under Armour then going overseas to play professionally instead of going to college.

UCLA essentially told Duval and Hands first to commit gets the scholarship and that was Hands. I think Duval ends up at Maryland (Under Armour-Mr. Plank.
Not how it happened, but that is what UCLA wants people to believe. Btw, UCLA is also an Under Armour sponsored program, which is how they got involved with Duval.

I know about UCLA and UA and I always understood that he was a UCLA or Maryland lean.

Not how it happened, but that is what UCLA wants people to believe. Btw, UCLA is also an Under Armour sponsored program, which is how they got involved with Duval.

I know about UCLA and UA and I always understood that he was a UCLA or Maryland lean.
UCLA definitely was interested, no doubt about that and they were pushing hard to get firmly in the mix. They made his Top 10, then a conversation happened and UCLA was eliminated. I believe Duval will either go to Maryland or overseas. First he has to pick a HS though.

Reactions: tanthony500
Overseas for Duval and RU for Alvarado is my prediction.....another NYC guard Washington to SHU is my other prediction (unless he delays his decision).

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
Next two weeks of home games vs New Mexico and Iowa are events that have a lot of student support, activities around campus that weekend and a good feel for campus life....the Michigan home game in early October is also a likely game to host a number of recruits not just for Alvarado, but other kids in 2018 and 2019.....always a good thing.

Reactions: Underdogs88
Washington just committed to Minny on his visit. I think that is why you see SHU pushing for Alvarado they knew Washington was likely to pop this weekend.

Overseas for Duval and RU for Alvarado is my prediction.....another NYC guard Washington to SHU is my other prediction (unless he delays his decision).

ADVERTISEMENT