ADVERTISEMENT

Alvarado visiting tomorrow per Zags

200.gif

visiting is a positive--hopefully he wants to play closer to home and can't do much better than in the B1G...

re Baker, is it fair that he seems to be a in similar mold basketball game wise to Eli Carter?

visiting is a positive--hopefully he wants to play closer to home and can't do much better than in the B1G...

re Baker, is it fair that he seems to be a in similar mold basketball game wise to Eli Carter?

To be honest, Baker is more versatile but I would not expect him to be like Eli Carter.

Carter had the offense catered to him. Everything went to him, and he was not much of a passer.

Baker can shoot on and off the dribble, can pass pretty well. He is about 6 3. It is hard to compare the two since they will have completely different games and coaches.

Just expect to have someone who will improve here in four years, and gives good effort.

I am very satisfied with Baker commitment seeing where we are as a program. He will help us win.

Don't you see them having problems defending bigger guard tandems?
Baker at 6'3' to 6'4 appears to have the arm length necessary to be an excellent defender. Alvarado appears savvy enough to be a plus-defender.

This staff will coach defense, that aspect is now the least of my concerns.....RU will get stops on D....we need someone like Laurent and Johnson along with Williams to continue to set the tone in workouts with Sanders, so everyone understands scoring is nice but stops are just as good.

Baker at 6'3' to 6'4 appears to have the arm length necessary to be an excellent defender. Alvarado appears savvy enough to be a plus-defender.

This staff will coach defense, that aspect is now the least of my concerns.....RU will get stops on D....we need someone like Laurent and Johnson along with Williams to continue to set the tone in workouts with Sanders, so everyone understands scoring is nice but stops are just as good.

Okay, I had seen him listed at 6'1

@Russ Wood Do you think Miami is threat to get Alvarado?
I have not followed Alvarado's recruitment closely.

To my knowledge Alvarado has not cut his list yet so, if I'm Rutgers, I'd be recruiting him as if everyone is a threat. He has also said that he plans to take all five official visits.

Alvarado seems to be infatuated with Indiana, and they've been on him for a while, but he is likely a back up plan for them. Tremont Waters appears to be at the top of the Indiana point guard board.

Reactions: lilphilw
Who does Alverados game remind you of?

To me, a little Myles Mack.

Crafty around the rim for his size. I saw him break through a couple screens well.

Who does Alverados game remind you of?

To me, a little Myles Mack.

Crafty around the rim for his size. I saw him break through a couple screens well.

To me he reminds me of a young HS Bobby Hurley. Smart, in charge, not overly athletic, has skills, but doesn't get out worked or out smarted. Blue collar, maybe a little more flare than Bobby. He is a winner.

Reactions: RBNY87 and Scangg
He's taking his first official to GTech. His recruitment is far from over.

To me he reminds me of a young HS Bobby Hurley. Smart, in charge, not overly athletic, has skills, but doesn't get out worked or out smarted. Blue collar, maybe a little more flare than Bobby. He is a winner.

Gotcha. After watching a video, I concur with your assessment.

Alvarado and Reid are the level of player that will help us compete in the B1G. We may not get them but keep recruiting players of their caliber that is the only way to win.

Reactions: RickB113
Gotcha. After watching a video, I concur with your assessment.

I have seen him play several times. The first time I saw him I thought of Hurley, he is a true quarterback. When I say not overly athletic, that is not a knock. He is not like a Corey or Kwe Parker explosive athlete. He is more a steady athlete. I would take him on my team 10 out of 10 times. Desire to defend, rarely out of position on both ends of the court, and has the will to win.

Reactions: higgins3
Was in south orange today. Many hall fans love him. I haven't seen him play but he sounds like a PG in the b hurley/Archidiacano style.

ADVERTISEMENT