ADVERTISEMENT

An empty RAC?

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
If there are no or few fans for the games, you have to think that the atmosphere works against us. Will we be able to repeat or come close to last season's dominance without fans?

If there are no or few fans for the games, you have to think that the atmosphere works against us. Will we be able to repeat or come close to last season's dominance without fans?

We were just as poor on the road as we were strong at home so it should be a “wash” since road arenas should be empty too. However, we a year older, more mature, and have to be hungrier after last season. True, we will have less home cupcakes to pad our win total but so will everyone else. I think it bodes well for a very good season ahead.

We were just as poor on the road as we were strong at home so it should be a “wash” since road arenas should be empty too. However, we a year older, more mature, and have to be hungrier after last season. True, we will have less home cupcakes to pad our win total but so will everyone else. I think it bodes well for a very good season ahead.

Yes , we have to hope it’s a wash. I am concerned about this, however .

The more important issue IMHO will be the refs. We historically have never received the benefit of the doubt and so often have recieved the short end. Will the refs call a fair game without fans in the stands?

I'm not sure they're capable of ironing out wrinkles.

I haven't checked recently, but the last time I did (a month or so ago), it looked to me like they cut down some trees on Suttons Lane between Metlars and Hospital Road... as if they plan to widen the road.

Reactions: Kbee3
That arena won't be quiet. There'll be somebody, somewhere making noise in that place. Maybe the janitor or the security personnel. But somebody. The RAC is a living organism, not a building. It's an animate object.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT