ADVERTISEMENT

And the Drought continues

It's a personal thing. The Purdue win was what I needed but I get why others don't feel that way.

Whether it's 30 years or 0 years doesn't impact how I feel about this year's team.

unfortunately in the records books RU didnt make a tournament. If they had released a field which I hoped they would have you could make that claim
Do you care? Do you not think we were a tournament team last year? That should be all that matters. We don't need some external body or some record book to tell us we were good enough last year - we all know we were - you had us as a 9-seed. I truly believe RU should put up a banner for being in the tournament.

Reactions: NiTeKnight
Do you care? Do you not think we were a tournament team last year? That should be all that matters. We don't need some external body or some record book to tell us we were good enough last year - we all know we were - you had us as a 9-seed. I truly believe RU should put up a banner for being in the tournament.

if a person on the street opens a book 500 years from now, they will see that RU didnt make tourney....

My feeling here is at the end of the day not many people in the general fandom world of CBB remember or care about a 20 win season that ends in the NIT. They do remember NCAA tournament games and the impact of being on that stage is huge and we didn't get to reap the benefits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plum Street
My feeling here is at the end of the day not many people in the general fandom world of CC remember or care about a 20 win season that ends in the NIT. They do remember NCAA tournament games and the impact of being on that stage is huge and we didn't get to reap the benefits.
Rutgers fans care about the NIT very much . Maybe because it was historically a local tournament.

Agreed. In my book, we broke the drought last year - not our fault COVID happened.

Please explain how we broke the drought? Thats like me saying I made the Olympic team in 1982.

Raise a banner for a tournament that didn't exist? Maybe we should give the players national championship rings too because using your logic they could have been national champions.

Please explain how we broke the drought? Thats like me saying I made the Olympic team in 1982.

Raise a banner for a tournament that didn't exist? Maybe we should give the players national championship rings too because using your logic they could have been national champions.
Agree . If they actually selected a bracket then we could raise a banner . They didn’t. This debate is just nonsense . Most of the team is back this year from 2020. They have the opportunity now to get a tournament berth . Up to them on whether they accomplish it or not.

Last season is what could have been versus this season is what should have happened if the team performed somewhere close to their top 25 rankings in December and early January.

We make the banner invisible and hang it from the rafters. We can have a real ceremony if you want with real people and imaginary friends. Everyone is happy.

if a person on the street opens a book 500 years from now, they will see that RU didnt make tourney....
But I don't give a shit about history, I care about the program and what the team accomplished last year and I'm actually surprised you wouldn't support some sort of banner honoring the team - we have so little to celebrate, why not do that? You know we were in.

Rutgers Basketball
2020 NCAA Basketball Tournament

I don't recall seeing such an event. How did we fare?

Some of you must have grown up in the "everyone gets a trophy" generation.

I guess every school should hang a banner for this mythical tournament because even a no win team could have been picked if they won their conference tournament.

Here is the 2020 NCAA Tournament bracket, where is RU?

ncaa-tournament-bracket.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT