ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz: Top Returning Players 10-6 & 5-1 In The Country

I love Geo, but no way should he be above Cockburn. He’s never shot above 40% from the field in his career, and last year shot just 28% from 3. Yes he’s clutch, and again I love his attitude and what he’s done for this program, but Cockburn had significantly (not marginally) better numbers, in less minutes per game, as a freshman.

Now go and prove me wrong Geo.

Reactions: jordkap
Amazing acknowledgement for Geo. Just amazing. Great publicity for program as well. What an honor, whether you believe the ranking or not. So happy for Geo. Really incredible to be mentioned as top 10 player nationally (returning).

He won or sealed so many games last year. We probably lose to Nebraska, NW and at Purdue without Geo. And that's just off top of my head. Be interesting to see what happens if he gets to play his senior year.

Great for Geo!

I can't help but laugh that Kofi is #10 considering how many argued he was a guaranteed NBA pick this year and would be shocked if he didn't stay in the NBA draft.

Can someone explain to me why geo was such a low level recruit out of high school? I assume New Hampshire has a good amount to do with it, but dude was a baller the second he stepped foot on campus.

Geo is very good and Steve Pikiell realized this immediately. He often finds an under the radar guy. I am just so glad he is at RU.

Reactions: shields
Geo is very good and Steve Pikiell realized this immediately. He often finds an under the radar guy. I am just so glad he is at RU.

Did the same thing with Harper whose only other high major offer was Nebraska.

Reactions: shields
I love Geo, but no way should he be above Cockburn. He’s never shot above 40% from the field in his career, and last year shot just 28% from 3. Yes he’s clutch, and again I love his attitude and what he’s done for this program, but Cockburn had significantly (not marginally) better numbers, in less minutes per game, as a freshman.

Now go and prove me wrong Geo.

Apples and oranges. Sheep and goats. Etc. Etc. Kofi took zero threes and had .6 assists. You could compare Zion Williamson to Steph Curry and say Williamson had a higher FG% in less minutes, so he is clearly the better player.

Apples and oranges. Sheep and goats. Etc. Etc. Kofi took zero threes and had .6 assists. You could compare Zion Williamson to Steph Curry and say Williamson had a higher FG% in less minutes, so he is clearly the better player.
Nice try. If Steph shot under 30% from 3, that analogy might have kinda sorta not really worked. But he doesn’t. People compare players across positions in every sport, all the time. They have to in order to, ya know, pick a player in the draft, put together rankings like these, or just really do...like...anything. To say I shouldn’t have an opinion on who’s the better player because they play different positions is just so silly.

Nice try. If Steph shot under 30% from 3, that analogy might have kinda sorta not really worked. But he doesn’t. People compare players across positions in every sport, all the time. They have to in order to, ya know, pick a player in the draft, put together rankings like these, or just really do...like...anything. To say I shouldn’t have an opinion on who’s the better player because they play different positions is just so silly.

You can have any opinion you choose and voice it on multiple social media platforms. Doesn't make you right. You are saying, Geo is nowhere near the player a 30-year-old NBA vet who revolutionized the game is. OK, is Cockburn as good as Zion? Again with the sheep and the goats.

ADVERTISEMENT