ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz Way-Too-Early Big 10 Rankings

You have the inside scoop? Is my man crush Hawkins leaving?
I would have hated that, I love Hawkins! Lot of smoke that Illinois will get Pete Nance, too, in addition to already getting Shannon, Jr. We’ll be young, and we’ll play a lot smaller/faster than we had with Kofi … but the talent is definitely there.

Reactions: Scangg
Andy’s gotta lose some credibility with the Pike comment after last preseason. “Pike’s not one to say how good his team is gonna be”? Come on. That’s literally Pike’s exact MO. Lol.

Reactions: Jersey07712
I think if McConnell comes back, I agree with Andy - we have a good shot at anywhere from 4 to 8 in B1G with NCAA definitely a strong possibility if we don’t drop the ball out of the gate again.

Andy’s gotta lose some credibility with the Pike comment after last preseason. “Pike’s not one to say how good his team is gonna be”? Come on. That’s literally Pike’s exact MO. Lol.
Maybe not anymore after the reaction from last year lol

Maybe not anymore after the reaction from last year lol
Ha - possibly. Putting aside all the controversial debate about the validity of the comments at that point - clearly as of last season, Pike was “one to talk about how good his team would be”. That’s all I was saying.

I'll have what Katz is smoking. 8th? If the season started today, our lineup would be:

G - Mulcahy
G - Miller/Simpson
SF - Mag
PF - Hyatt, Palmquist
C - Cliff, Reiber, Woolfork

That's a bottom 4 in the Big Ten lineup, as I'm not sure where the shooting is coming from other than Paul with his spot-up threes, and maybe 30% from Hyatt and Mag.
There are 14 factors that matter with any B1G ranking. Now tell us about the other 13 ? 😀

There are 14 factors that matter with any B1G ranking. Now tell us about the other 13 ? 😀
It was a misguided post to begin with. Neither Miller nor Simpson was ever going to be a projected starter at 2 as there was close to zero chance we weren’t going to land a transfer guard who is a proven scorer. If it wasn’t Spencer it would’ve been someone else. That much was a given. I do believe the team will be much stronger with Caleb than without him back.

Indiana has to be a preseason favorite with Jackson- Davis returning.Michigan has Dickerson and Rutgers has Cliff returning,
Agree with you. Indiana also has two 5 star (22nd and 27th players nationally) and a 4 star coming in. Woodson is cleaning up. They could be a Top 10 team.

Wrong
Lineup
Cam Spencer
Paul Mulcahy
Celeb McConnell
Andre Hyatt
Cliff O
Bench
Simpson
Reiber
Mag
That is a top 6-8 team
The quote he referenced was posted before Cam Spencer signed and assumed that Caleb doesn’t return.

Pretty sure he said RU would make a run in the tourney....how right was he.
we were an inbounds pass away from his prediction being right on. ND ended up beating us in double OT, & did exactly what Katz predicted RU would do. Beat Alabama, & lose to Texas Tech in a rock fight..
I, for one, loved last year’s team and I could understand why Andy Katz did as well. Unfortunately, we lost a heartbreaker to a team that was on the brink of going to sweet 16. Let’s face it, there are a lot of good teams in tournament, and winning just one game is not a given.

Why even respond to SanteFe ? He posts stupid comments followed by more stupid comments.

Agree with you. Indiana also has two 5 star (22nd and 27th players nationally) and a 4 star coming in. Woodson is cleaning up. They could be a Top 10 team.
Talented roster. Biggest issue is lack of outside shooting. If they can hit threes, they will be very good.

Katz is very good at his job. He smoozes with fan bases. I see Rutgers fans think he loves their program. Illinois fans think he loves Illinois. They talk about it just as Rutgers fans do. Purdue fans think he loves Purdue. Same with Indiana. He says the right things at the right times to fan bases.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
Katz is very good at his job. He smoozes with fan bases. I see Rutgers fans think he loves their program. Illinois fans think he loves Illinois. They talk about it just as Rutgers fans do. Purdue fans think he loves Purdue. Same with Indiana. He says the right things at the right times to fan bases.
Well, he was a helluva bus driver for Rutgers. 😆 You can't say that for the other teams.

ADVERTISEMENT