ADVERTISEMENT

Another Big Verbal For RUMLAX

Best goalie BB has gotten in the past 5 recruiting cycles. could be a 4-year starter. Saw him at the Apex event where he was MVP of the ASG. Good get.

Reactions: Caliknight
Getting one of then better players from that league is a milestone. For those that don’t know BL plays in the MIAA which is the best collection of high school programs in the country. It’s a very storied program which churns out high level D1 talent every year. There are likely 10 kids on that team alone that will play major college lacrosse. It’s a big win in a number of ways. If he can get kids like this, there is no reason Delbarton kids can’t come.

Cali, is this like getting one of the ten best quarterbacks in the country ?
Not top ten but possible top 20. Good goalie big long kid pretty athletic, plays at a very good school BL. To compare the 2020’s on played at on ok Private and one never started a game at Delbarton. The 2019 already transferred and the 2018 played ok I. His minutes here. The 2022 class is very deep in terms of goalies.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Cali, is this like getting one of the ten best quarterbacks in the country ?

Family nailed it. It's a big get. Goalies are often seen as leaders and this kid has a really solid reputation in the Baltimore area. Wouldn't shock me if he was able to help bring in more talent. I know Brady Kurdyla is working on it.

For those paying attention, that's two 4*'s to lead off the class. If we can put together a big year, I think this is going to be the norm moving forward.

Getting one of then better players from that league is a milestone. For those that don’t know BL plays in the MIAA which is the best collection of high school programs in the country. It’s a very storied program which churns out high level D1 talent every year. There are likely 10 kids on that team alone that will play major college lacrosse. It’s a big win in a number of ways. If he can get kids like this, there is no reason Delbarton kids can’t come.
But some those of parents will still make one up...

"I know they won the NC, have great facilities and incredible academic support but..." (eye roll emoji guy)

Not sure how much I want to put out in public, but all activities have been suspended indefinitely, as well as have a number of players. It's looking like their AD has it in for the program for some reason. If things don't get better quickly there, which I doubt they will, it's going to get super ugly, real quick.

Not sure how much I want to put out in public, but all activities have been suspended indefinitely, as well as have a number of players. It's looking like their AD has it in for the program for some reason. If things don't get better quickly there, which I doubt they will, it's going to get super ugly, real quick.
This is under a relatively new coach, correct?

This is under a relatively new coach, correct?

Yea, he is a very bizarre guy. He's recruiting lights out and won a NC already, but there is no love for him in that program. The problem is the administration though. Their lax team specifically is in the crosshairs.

Heard we just got another verbal. Kid looks like a stud. I will release it when it's public.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
10 years as HC at Brown without a problem. I'd look at the administration.

This is a tough environment right now to be a student athlete....they are essentially being asked to shut down everything they do socially, they are under a microscope for behavior, being threatened with suspensions and frankly it's becoming unrealistic....universities and administrations (presidents, BOD's, AD's) need to step back and re-evaluate the micro management of these athletes very soon...and all of this with zero promise of a season...it's not a good situation at all in most places...some are worse, but I know a lot of kids at a lot of D1 programs and they are not happy...and parents are really pissed...

The kids are working hard to make good decisions, but it's unrealistic to think these guys are not gonna hang out with some buddies and do what college kids do...these are kids, they work hard, they stay out of trouble (for the most part)...

It sounds like the UVA admin has an axe to grind...and I know of other institutions that have some really stupid ass covid rules in place right now...let's not forget these kids are 18-22 years old...healthy, elite athletes...look at the data

It's gonna be interesting to see this play out between now and January...

The good news is the RU lacrosse team will be practicing for a 3rd day in a row today!

10 years as HC at Brown without a problem. I'd look at the administration.

He's a very good coach with the results to match, but he's a very quirky guy. There is no love lost between the alums/players and him. He better keep winning big because the moment he doesn't, he's going to have very little support from the alumni.

As it relates to this issue, he is part of the administration. They are getting some big verbals and Uva is a great school but you'd have to have your head examined to jump into that boat right now. It wouldn't shock me if you have a ton of defectors

ADVERTISEMENT