ADVERTISEMENT

Another Kentucky One-and-Done from NJ

Why is this being lauded here? We are waiting for a Kentucky athlete to reciprocate, once. And we could live with her repping the Bluegrass State, too.

Last edited:
Amazing athlete. I saw her run in several Union County meets. No need to stay in school if she can earn significant bucks on the pro circuit and properly train for the next Olympics.

Amazing athlete. I saw her run in several Union County meets. No need to stay in school if she can earn significant bucks on the pro circuit and properly train for the next Olympics.

How much would/could Sydney Mc make as a professional track athlete? i wouldn't think there's too much exposure other than the olympics. Are we talking corporate sponsorships in addition to any pay from the USOC?

Wish we could have kept her in NJ... but I guess it’s hard to compete with the SEC

ron-burgundy.jpeg

...for a certain post in the thread.

How much would/could Sydney Mc make as a professional track athlete? i wouldn't think there's too much exposure other than the olympics. Are we talking corporate sponsorships in addition to any pay from the USOC?

She'll be a millionaire in no time at all. Between the shoe deal and other sponsorships. Plus she'll get paid to go to European meets. Plus she'll make bonuses when she starts breaking world records which she's done on the junior level already but is ready to break senior level records now. She's on track to be one of the best in the world.

She went to UK because supposedly they had one of the best hurdle coaches in the world. She is from NJ and made her name at Union Catholic. I am glad that she left Kentucky. Hopefully she will continue to improve and represent New Jersey even more. It would be nice if she can win the Olympics in 2020. She is an amazing track talent. Her brother who went to Michigan is also very good.

She's a great kid and a spectacular talent. (I'm old enough to have been in high school, running and looking up to her dad when he was a star at Manhattan.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT