: ?, ?, J Huerter

SG: KSmikle, JHuerter, ELafayette, ABates

W: ?, ASidibe, ABates, ELafayette

PF: CCornwell, KBrown, ASidibe, ABates

C: ?, CCornwell, KBrown
**starters in red
? - positions of need

Just my thoughts for a depth chart

Just three top notch players from the portal at PG, W, and C and we are looking at a Top 25 Team for sure. Add a fourth player from the portal to play back-up PG.

Good thing is, this past year's experience makes most of our current players flexible/interchangeable when it comes to positioning.

Would bring us to a total of 11 players on the roster . Plenty of room left now and next year for HS scholarships with Brown and Sidibe exhausting eligiblilty at conclusion of the upcoming season.

Last edited:
Have to admire your optimism.
Ayyy! You gotta think like that!

That's how the Brenda Frieses, Adia Barnes, Jeff Walzs, etc put themselves back in position to be Top 25 year after year after having rosters decimated due to transfers out at this time of year. Right!

Kim Mulkey took over a sagging roster. Many transferred out. The portal is there for everyone to use. She brought in Reese, Morris, Ladaizha Williams, and Carson. Added 1 good HS recruit to the mix and those newcomers won the National Championship for her.

Hey! Why can't we get three really good players from a pool of at least 100??? Why not? It's not that unreasonable.

Ra

That's how the Brenda Frieses, Adia Barnes, Jeff Walzs, etc put themselves back in position to be Top 25 year after year after having rosters decimated due to transfers out at this time of year. Right!

Kim Mulkey took over a sagging roster. Many transferred out. The portal is there for everyone to use. She brought in Reese, Morris, Ladaizha Williams, and Carson. Added 1 good HS recruit to the mix and those newcomers won the National Championship for her.

Hey! Why can't we get three really good players from a pool of at least 100??? Why not? It's not that unreasonable.
This site has the number of transfers at 536 and Kia is not on the list so it’s not up to date. Last year there were over a 1000 transfers, more than enough to go around.

Not unreasonable? I’ll have to disagree. Baby steps. I will say your board name is certainly appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: RUcrazee
Not unreasonable? I’ll have to disagree. Baby steps. I will say your board name is certainly appropriate.
Not saying we have to land Top 10 ranked portal transfers. You'd be surprised at how good some of the players are that didn't make the top 100 portal list.

Just remember.....when Arella transferred in to us from Texas Tech, it wasn't a big deal in the wcbb world. She was the #99 ranked recruit in her class. !Boy, did she exceed expectations!

If I'm a good coach,...yeah, I could tell myself, "Baby steps". But the portal is sitting right there in your face. I'm gonna go shopping in there and come back home with everything I need (maybe not everything I want) to go to battle when the season starts (and be in the mix somewhere toward or approaching the top). Coquese is a good coach with a good staff. No reason why she can't do that.

You can go to the Empire State Bldg. and take the stairs🥵, but the high-speed elevator is right there available to the public also. I'm getting on there. 😎 See ya later with those "baby steps" in this new day of the portal.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
It's still 7. You don't need to post it again.

Brown
Cornwall
Smikle
Bates
Sidlibe
Heurter
Lafayette
Smikle, soph
Cornwall, senior
Bates, soph
Lafayette, senior
Sidibe, would need to be a grad transfer?
Cassandra Brown, a grad transfer?
Huerter, soph

Smikle, soph
Cornwall, senior
Bates, soph
Lafayette, senior
Sidibe, would need to be a grad transfer?
Cassandra Brown, a grad transfer?
Huerter, soph
Sidibe and Brown just need to use extra year of eligibility at RU. Huerter will be a freshman.

2023-24 Depth Chart

PG
: ?, ?, J Huerter

SG: KSmikle, JHuerter, ELafayette, ABates

W: ?, ASidibe, ABates, ELafayette

PF: CCornwell, KBrown, ASidibe, ABates

C: ?, CCornwell, KBrown
**starters in red
? - positions of need

Just my thoughts for a depth chart

Just three top notch players from the portal at PG, W, and C and we are looking at a Top 25 Team for sure. Add a fourth player from the portal to play back-up PG.

Good thing is, this past year's experience makes most of our current players flexible/interchangeable when it comes to positioning.

Would bring us to a total of 11 players on the roster . Plenty of room left now and next year for HS scholarships with Brown and Sidibe exhausting eligiblilty at conclusion of the upcoming season.
How about we actually recruit someone very worried about this coach she has only recruited 1 player so far in 2 years that is not good at all!!!!!!!!!!!

How about we actually recruit someone very worried about this coach she has only recruited 1 player so far in 2 years that is not good at all!!!!!!!!!!!
😆😆😆😆😆 The clueless complainer. Same MO on the MBB board. Just come in a complain and try to criticize a staff when you have ZERO idea what irons they have in the fire.

Last edited:
She did manage to retain the recruits and transfers that could have gone elsewhere the last year.

She did manage to retain the recruits and transfers that could have gone elsewhere the last year.
Yes. And it hasn't even been 11 full months that she's been here. Destiny makes the third recruit she and her staff have brought into the program. KB, JHuerter

Reactions: rubaseball78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT