ADVERTISEMENT

Another RU transfer

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
From the men's side, Nigel Johnson is going to Virginia. Hmmm, can only imagine the deletions if some from this board dared to flock over there with negative, repetitive comments.

Add in Laurent from the MEN'S side as of today as well. Quick, let's go to that board and add in a thousand sky is falling comments as well. Get rid of Bannon, and Rice, and Jordan, and the others whose names I can't even remember anymore.

Hope wherever Laurent goes he earns his degree, just like I hope those who left the RU WBB program earn their degree. Johnson earned his and was a 2 for 1 player.
Transferred in , sat a year, played a year, graduated and left to finish his college career someplace else and is immediately eligible because he graduated Rutgers with one year eligibility left.

From the men's side, Nigel Johnson is going to Virginia. Hmmm, can only imagine the deletions if some from this board dared to flock over there with negative, repetitive comments.
I just want to be honest, but your last 2 comments are typical of why I don't post on this board. It almost seems like you're looking for trouble because some people want a new head coach. I understand that you get upset when people harp on the same topic again and again, but I think you need to restrain from antagonizing posters if you want this board to be a welcoming place to support our team.

Just my opinion of course. Delete or block me if you wish.

This is late

I just want to be honest, but your last 2 comments are typical of why I don't post on this board. It almost seems like you're looking for trouble because some people want a new head coach. I understand that you get upset when people harp on the same topic again and again, but I think you need to restrain from antagonizing posters if you want this board to be a welcoming place to support our team.

Just my opinion of course. Delete or block me if you wish.
Well said.[cheers] .
I don't like it when RU WBB is bashed on the RU FB board or the MBB board and think that shouldn't be encouraged when it's just as easy to go to the WBB board and complain .
So I don't think bashing RU FB or MBB should be part of this board.

There is not a venue here for any of the three major sports where frustration and anger does not show through on a daily basis.. It is New Jersey. This is who we are and what we do. See our Governor for example 1 ..I try to walk the very thin line betweem unfounded optimism which soothes me and the horrible truth of our general mediocrity and incompetence which pains me.

Reactions: RUJMM78
There is not a venue here for any of the three major sports where frustration and anger does not show through on a daily basis.. It is New Jersey. This is who we are and what we do. See our Governor for example 1 ..I try to walk the very thin line betweem unfounded optimism which soothes me and the horrible truth of our general mediocrity and incompetence which pains me.
So true. And while the east and NJ are especially noted for their griping, it isn't exclusive - there is assorted (and not always well founded) griping out here in AZ as well, with RichRod, Sean Miller, and Mike Candrea all getting whacked at one time or another.
That said, I'm well sick of it as it relates to RU. Give the new FB coach a shot, it looks like MBB at least moved in the right direction, so give him a shot, and - in the end - accept that CVS is almost certainly going to get another shot. Complain about what they do with these opportunities to your heart's content, but lets allow it to happen.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Well said.[cheers] .
I don't like it when RU WBB is bashed on the RU FB board or the MBB board and think that shouldn't be encouraged when it's just as easy to go to the WBB board and complain .
So I don't think bashing RU FB or MBB should be part of this board.
C'mon MADHAT you know better. I was not bashing anyone. I was simply trying to point out the very real fact that transfers do happen. They happen to any school, we just seem to have a very large amount this year. NOBODY on this board goes out of their way to bitch about MBB, and FB coaches on those boards, heaven forbid.

C'mon MADHAT you know better. I was not bashing anyone. I was simply trying to point out the very real fact that transfers do happen. They happen to any school, we just seem to have a very large amount this year. NOBODY on this board goes out of their way to bitch about MBB, and FB coaches on those boards, heaven forbid.
I'll take it you're just pointing out how frustrating it is to see posters that just come on this board from the FB & MBB boards just to complain about the RU WBB program and it's HC .
I share that frustration.

And my point was that I don't like it over there OR over here and you should hold yourself to a higher standard because it's the right thing to do.

It's keeping me and others away from this board and that shouldn't be the point of the Rutgers women's basketball board.

And my point was that I don't like it over there OR over here and you should hold yourself to a higher standard because it's the right thing to do.

It's keeping me and others away from this board and that shouldn't be the point of the Rutgers women's basketball board.
No one should try to keep any RU fan from expressing their opinion.
But fans of the other RU sports programs that really don't care for WBB shouldn't come on this board to knock the program and/or HC . But that's my opinion and my opinion shouldn't deny them that right, even though their opinions I take with a grain of salt.

Hopefully those who post their opinions ( on any RU board) will do so from caring about the that program, not just to put down the HC or team .

I haven't been here for a few days so just reading this thread. I'm sorry, SK80, but your posts here are inappropriate and unacceptable for this board. Why the need to instigate trouble ? There is no excuse for perpetuating an "us vs. them" mentality with the other Rutgers boards.

And for the person saying that this is why you stay away from this board, well that's ridiculous. This board does not condone bashing of the other boards on this site, or of the Rutgers teams that they represent. So please don't come here if all you are looking for is an argument.

You were not simply pointing out that transfers happen.

I haven't been here for a few days so just reading this thread. I'm sorry, SK80, but your posts here are inappropriate and unacceptable for this board. Why the need to instigate trouble ? There is no excuse for perpetuating an "us vs. them" mentality with the other Rutgers boards.

And for the person saying that this is why you stay away from this board, well that's ridiculous. This board does not condone bashing of the other boards on this site, or of the Rutgers teams that they represent. So please don't come here if all you are looking for is an argument.

I am not coming here for an argument. I actually came here because the headline on the forums page said, "another RU transfer" and I hadn't read anything on the Round Table about it so I was curious. I'm glad you said something to the above poster and now I'll leave it alone so thank you.

And I don't think it's ridiculous not to come to this board. I have seen many times over the years rather dubious moderating/posting regarding some of my friends here. I can't honestly say how it's been recently as I've conditioned myself to get my women's basketball news from other sources when I wanted it. I'm sure other people would agree with me but I don't really think they come to this board much anymore either so I will just move on. Thank you again for addressing this problem.

I am not coming here for an argument. I actually came here because the headline on the forums page said, "another RU transfer" and I hadn't read anything on the Round Table about it so I was curious. I'm glad you said something to the above poster and now I'll leave it alone so thank you.

And I don't think it's ridiculous not to come to this board. I have seen many times over the years rather dubious moderating/posting regarding some of my friends here. I can't honestly say how it's been recently as I've conditioned myself to get my women's basketball news from other sources when I wanted it. I'm sure other people would agree with me but I don't really think they come to this board much anymore either so I will just move on. Thank you again for addressing this problem.

Just to clarify... I was responding specifically to this post by you:

"And my point was that I don't like it over there OR over here and you should hold yourself to a higher standard because it's the right thing to do.

It's keeping me and others away from this board and that shouldn't be the point of the Rutgers women's basketball board."

My point being that we *do* hold people to a higher standard on this board (or at least we've tried to) and I 100% agree with your first comment. I often see people bashing the women's team on other boards, but I do not ever condone such treatment of other RU teams here. Therefore, your second comment (that this is why you would stay away) doesn't make sense. If you have other reasons, that's your prerogative.

ADVERTISEMENT