ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Cioffi/Janarion Grant Articles

The broken ankle detailed Grant's career. I am very happy to see him out there being successful, and making some money doing it.
What made it worse was that Iowa player that jumped on him. It was a dirty tackle. I was sitting in front of that play and it seemed to me he was trying to take Grant out of the game.

The broken ankle detailed Grant's career. I am very happy to see him out there being successful, and making some money doing it.
If he doesn’t break his ankle against Iowa we would have beaten the Hawkeyes that beautiful Saturday. Oh and if the kid from Wequahic in Newark stays home they probably don’t score that day.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Does Grant have a good chance to stick to a team? And is Cioffi still on Ottawa?

Quick Google search says CFL is cancelled in 2020...so what does this mean for them?

NIRH, don’t quote me on this, but I think the CFL free agent rules after a player leaves to try the NFL gives his old team first try at getting their old player back.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
NIRH, don’t quote me on this, but I think the CFL free agent rules after a player leaves to try the NFL gives his old team first try at getting their old player back.

I wonder how this is working at the moment with CFL cancelled.

Grant is an amazing player. When he was here at RU I thought he was going to get a touch down every time he got the ball. If not for those two fumbles in the NFL he would have stuck. And yes that play that broke his ankle sucked. For a while I thought the defender stepped on his ankle on purpose but it wasn't on purpose. Grant was going to have a big roll in the offense that year.

Reactions: thegock
What made it worse was that Iowa player that jumped on him. It was a dirty tackle. I was sitting in front of that play and it seemed to me he was trying to take Grant out of the game.
Brookedale - not sure if you are being serious but there's no way the injury was intentional. As Extra Point mentioned, Grant's ankle was stepped on - while both players were running full speed. Grant wasn't "jumped on". That injury was crushing - but think of it this way, would Ash still be here if Grant wasn't injured that day? Would we have won a few more games that year and delayed Ash's firing by another year? Probably not with Laviano trying to run the option and keeping it himself. I think my slightly arthritic right thumb is more athletic than Laviano was as a QB. lol

But I digress.

Grant ended his career with 5 kickoff TDs and 3 punt TDs. His 5 TDs is tied for 9th all time with the record being 7 for a career. He may have gotten it without the broken ankle.

Grant ended his career with 5 kickoff TDs and 3 punt TDs. His 5 TDs is tied for 9th all time with the record being 7 for a career. He may have gotten it without the broken ankle.
Grant would have had a great chance to set a new record that season... what was that game 3-4 ? Uncanny ability and a good guy as well.

During those lean offensive years, I often thought about just lining him up 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage and just snapping to him. At least there was a chance of something happening...

Reactions: beaced
"Grant also contributed on offence in college, recording 1,406 yards from scrimmage and six scores on 135 touches. He was second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference as a true freshman and second-team All-Big Ten as a junior. "

All ACC? Wow, now that's an accomplishment, second team all conference in a conference he never even played in.

NIRH, CFL season would normally be heading into the playoffs and Grey Cup now. I think their training camps begin in early June. Pray that things are much closer to normal by then. This may delay the CFL expansion too.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
ADVERTISEMENT