ADVERTISEMENT

Antonia Bates

RC66

Senior
Jun 9, 2009
Why have are minutes been in decline?

Why only six minutes today against Maryland?

What did she do in the third quarter when she was put in for two minutes, did something that got a coach comment and a seat?

Are we trying to drive her into the portal?

What did she do in the third quarter when she was put in for two minutes, did something that got a coach comment and a seat?

She has not done well when put in at all. She needs a lot of work. Since we have no bodies to spare it is what it is. Don't think she will be portal bound. Have you seen any of her games?

Didn't look too happy walking off the court but I'm sure she realizes that she has some work to do on her game to earn more playing time. On a normal 12-15 player roster, she would not have seen half the minutes she gotten this year so far. She's going to get plenty of opportunities going forward, just has to keep her head up. I've noticed in previous games where her body language tells me that she can sometimes be too hard on herself when a play doesn't go well.

Strength is just going to take time. I think today was more of a case of Coach anticipating a fast paced, scrappy game in which we would need to score in bunches to keep up with Md. Maybe she went with those who are most apt to mix it up and be aggressive offensively. Antonia is not there just yet.

Also needed strong rebounders in the game. Another area that currently is not her strength. Erica didn't play much either.

Hopefully it fuels her to put in the extra work. Today she had a front row seat to watch someone who, I think she has trained with and somewhat resembles in body type. May be inspired by the success of D. Miller who provides an example for her to aspire to. Not saying she can become that style of player but moreso aspiring to be as much of a different maker via her own style.

Antonia has tons of potential. Can't wait to see how she and the team continue to grow over the next few years.

Reactions: highsoxguy and dfwm
Alot of what Antonia does doesnt always show up in the stats . In the first quarter if you watched we couldn’t get the ball past half court . She came in it was effortless /efficient.
She is skilled and will continue to grow given her strength and confidence grow .

She is a talented but raw freshman. She will be a star here but just like Wolf on the mens team, needs time in the system and put in the work off the court and in practice to keep growing. She’ll get there !
Had a very good game today and logged a lot of minutes.

Reactions: eso1989
She might be my favorite player after Smykle .. hits everything !! She needs to shoot more. Her offense movement is great, plays good D off the ball, if I had to say the 2 areas she can improve the most as a freshman it’s rebounding (watched the ball some tonight instead of going and grab it, and also was out of position for some/boxed out), and on the ball D, she got beat a couple times. But there is a lot she’s doing good and still am 100% certain she will be a star here

Reactions: dfwm and RUcrazee
ADVERTISEMENT