ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Alfano wants to play here

as the wins come the stars ( that doesn't take a lot of NIL payment) will rise
Rutgers will always be a program that gets 2-3 star players and some will develop nicely while others will keep the bench warm.\When RU starts getting Bama type support, send the attack dogs after Greg for too many low star players

It is a case of doing the best you can with what you can get and Rutgers never has been a program where the getting is good because it never is geeing good enough support to
be a constant top program.
At best the support brings home a winner that makes minor bowl games and 7 to 9 wins a year.

We can say "get a HC that can make RU great", but to do that RU must be willing to pay the price and so far what Rutgers offers to be its the HC doesn't look close to the price is right when talking numbers with the upper echelon of HC's

Schiano develops 2-3 star rosters with a sprinkle of 4 star talent, into a winning program, but he can't make the program great with the talent that comes to Rutgers.
#1 the talent isn't there to make RU great
#2 Greg is good at building, but isn't one of the best when it comes to coaching
Having a winning offense to go with his great defense seems to be something he can't grasp or let his OC be able to run a wide open offense under him but is forced to plan a conservative offense that seldom scares anyone except RU fans
Is someone actually just thinking that Greg does not want 4-5 star players and just trying to get 2-3 star players he has to build up-
It is no different then 1.0 when we had fans asking why he kept just going after undersized interior DL...

• Love
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Yeah but my points are on the money here . And I am a board legend
youre-a-legend-godku.gif

Reactions: Plum Street
Is someone actually just thinking that Greg does not want 4-5 star players and just trying to get 2-3 star players he has to build up-
It is no different then 1.0 when we had fans asking why he kept just going after undersized interior DL...
a self proclaimed legend implied that's the case.
I'd be plum crazy to argue with
will-smith-point.gif

I do feel more 4s will come once the winning ( more than 6-6/7-5) becomes expected every year instead of just a hope before season begins
But also expect 3s will make up the bulk of roster

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
In NIL age , wouldn’t 4 and 5 star players cost more to get ? Cost more to keep ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT