Any Blacksheer contact?

Discussion in 'Rutgers Football' started by ScarletStateofNJ, Dec 4, 2019.

1. realhoops2

realhoops2 Junior
    Expand Collapse

You say that as if posters actually have any say in the matter

newell138 likes this.
  2. bossnj1

bossnj1 All American
    Expand Collapse

Running back is probably the only position group where we can afford to lose a guy as talented as Blackshear. I’d love to have him back if coach and team think it’s the right decision but we’d be just fine if he left, especially if we pick up a guy like Berger.

3. MADHAT1

MADHAT1 Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

could be Greg will look more favorably on bringing Blackshear back to the fold because his talent outweighs his action.
    But I would guess, Raheem wouldn't be allowed back on roster if the team was against it and/or if the RB position is pretty strong without him.

In my opinion , if the team bares no grudges:
    What Greg thinks of Adams and Young will go a long way if Schiano will be basing his decision on how much Blackshear's talen will be missed

Knightmoves likes this.
  4. Caliknight

Caliknight Legend
    Expand Collapse

Guessing Nunz will have a lot of say. Given how it transpired in warm ups and what he’s subsequently said about it, I’m guessing there isn’t a lot of love there. Sad thing is we could have been more competitive with him and he would have been able to show case his talent. As it is now, sometimes it’s best to start anew. For athletes and schools. This is one of those.

His talent doesn’t outweigh quitting on your team in pregame warm ups. That is egregious under any circumstance.

5. MYHATINTHERING

MYHATINTHERING All American
    Expand Collapse

he's gone, move on....

we don't need nor do we want him

bac2therac likes this.
  6. RUScrew85

RUScrew85 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Probably a bunch of Saturdays too. Who really wants a quitter on their team?

RU Cheese likes this.
  7. RUScrew85

RUScrew85 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

What's his email address I'll send it to him.

MADHAT1 likes this.
  8. RUScrew85

RUScrew85 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Another person who's never had football practice

9. RUScrew85

RUScrew85 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the slot at Stoney Brook.

10. RUScrew85

RUScrew85 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

They need bodies to throw for practice. Sit will never start another game for Rutgers. Plus he's a terrible QB. But he can be useful for practice.

scripts likes this.
  11. Knightmoves

Knightmoves Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Too early for that decision imo. If Greg can get some pass blockers this season I believe that Sit may surprise us on the upside.

Sit has the measureables and a strong arm. Those guys are worth looking at imo.

12. NorthBroad

NorthBroad Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

No need. Looks like it was already tweeted at him and other recruits.

13. JoeRU0304

JoeRU0304 Heisman Winner
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

...just remember to tweet all of your NJ players the comments TU fans make on our board about their home state, or even let them know that no matter what TU does you still need to pay attention to RU.

Joe P.

14. NorthBroad

NorthBroad Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

Huh? We love New Jersey. We've had several NJ players lead our teams to Top 25 rankings, College GameDay, conference championships in the last decade on their way to being developed into NFL players from New Jersey. Hassan Reddick, Dion Dawkins, PJ Walker, Jahad Thomas, Sean Chandler, Michael Dogbe, Ryquell Armstead, Keith Kirkwood, Tahir Whitehead, Jullian Taylor.

I don't know what that has to do with me wanting more info. on Blackshear.

15. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Heisman Winner
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah this is the point that everyone seems to be overlooking. Everything I have heard is that the NCAA will be tightening up on waivers, compared to last year. That said, it's possible that Blackshear could get one. But when would he know? If history is any indicator, it wouldn't be for months.

So does he transfer to Temple (or anywhere else) for the Spring semester, in hopes of being granted a waiver which is not guaranteed?

Or does he stick it out with RU for another semester, while the waiver request is pending? Thing is, RU doesn't have to play along. They could pull his ship for the Spring semester and tell him to F-off.

If I were advising him, and he told me that the bridges to RU have been burnt (which they may or may not be), then I'd suggest he transfer down to FCS (Villanova?). Immediate eligibility and dominate inferior competition.

RUhobbit and redking like this.
  16. ademu93

ademu93 Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

Surely you can attribute Matt Rhule and his staff to finding those players and developing them. Let's see if Carey sustains that progress.

17. Kbee3

Kbee3 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Isn't Blackshear gonna be playing in the NFL next season ?

18. ddsmugs

ddsmugs All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Let Blacksheer go hunt some where else. It's time to CHOP :Rutgers

19. krup

krup Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

It constantly amazes me how this board, which is filled with people who either reduced their season tickets when Ash was kept and/or threatened to get rid of them completely if Schiano wasn't hired, is so quick to brand a player a traitor because he chose to protect his rapidly disappearing eligibility from the mess Rutgers made.

StyleKnight, DC8690, RUinOhio and 7 others like this.
  20. bitnez

bitnez All Conference
    Expand Collapse

I could understand your view more if you described what happened here more accurately. After Ash was fired, if Blackshear sat down with Nunz, discussed his future, and they agreed on the redshirt, it would be one thing. But, that’s not remotely what happened. Instead, he said nothing, allowed an entire game plan to be installed, which in large part centered on him, started to warmup on game day, and only then told Nunz that he wasn’t playing. He handled the situation just about as poorly as possible. I defer to GS 100% on his future here, but let’s at least be accurate in discussing what occurred.

scripts, saewonyi, RUChoppin and 2 others like this.
  21. yesrutgers01

yesrutgers01 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Blackshear situation was very strange to me unless it was an Ash thing...The beginning of this year, he was being showcased exactly how he would be used and be successful in an NFL offense. He most likely got more NFL attention in those first few games then he did in any other year here.

22. krup

krup Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

Actually, how things went down has nothing to do with my point. People previously threatening to bail on the program now picking on Blackshear for the same thing are hypocrites.

Rutgers56, Rufan922 and NickKnight 1 like this.
  23. bitnez

bitnez All Conference
    Expand Collapse

Of course it relates. You are equating what Blackshear did to his teammates and Nunz with fans, many of who supported the program for decades. There’s really no comparison whatsoever. Also, what Blackshear did is far worse inasmuch as he was on the actual team and a captain. He was supposed to be a leader in the ultimate team sport and when times got really tough he only thought about himself.

scripts, RUsSKii and Knight Shift like this.
  24. krup

krup Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

And you are ignoring that he has the huge factor of only having 4 years of eligibility in his entire life, that needs to be completed in 5 years time, and whatever is wasted of it is gone never to be regained.

You forgive the fans for bailing when they are under much less pressure, and what evidence do you have that anyone involved in this program has made their decisions based on anything other than thinking about themselves? There are a lot of reasons why a kid wouldn't try and transfer, and a lot of them have nothing to do with unselfishly putting their teammates ahead of their own career.

Rutgers56 likes this.
  25. wheezer

wheezer Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

this is always a difficult thing....after Ash was fired, and it looked like a lost year anyway, I could understand somewhat if he wanted to red shirt, but, stay here and play for the new coach

that is not the exact case here, and he IS a captain, which makes it all LESS understandable.

so, if he decides to stay, maybe being forced into it by tighter transfer rules, how should we feel?

26. bitnez

bitnez All Conference
    Expand Collapse

Do you follow the NFL? Take a look at the average NFL roster. You don’t need to put up huge numbers in college or play at a winning school to play in the league. Kamara and Chris Carson were backups in college. Aaron Jones played at UTEP and was a 5th round pick. I could go on and on.

My point — the “career” narrative isn’t based on fact.

27. krup

krup Heisman Winner
    Expand Collapse

You brought up the NFL I didn't.

28. scarletbergen

scarletbergen Senior
    Expand Collapse

Blackshear got screwed by Hobbshi! End of story.

29. Anteid

Anteid Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Look at it this way , He made the decision not to play at the last minute because of the situation and it wasn’t a good move on his part , however the other running backs behind him and Pacheco have received Much playing time so that’s a plus experience wise in that room . All Greg Schiano has to do is Produce a solid offensive line and those running backs will perform great and as for Blackshear I believe he made a bad situation into a good situation for the future , give the young man sometime to sort things out captain or not .

30. Proud NJ Sports Fan

Proud NJ Sports Fan Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If Blackshear is going to transfer, he should choose a good program and school, and not Temple

rurx1228 likes this.
  31. SHUSource

SHUSource Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Those are all exactly the same thing.

32. HeavenUniv.

HeavenUniv. Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Don’t know if it matters, but Rutgers classes ended yesterday. Finals start December 16 and the last day for finals is December 23.

33. MYHATINTHERING

MYHATINTHERING All American
    Expand Collapse

some of you are too much. Like, how many of you actually have self respect?

forget him, he wasn't even the best rb on the roster for crying out loud. He's not playing on Sundays and he won't go to a good spot after RU. he's gone

34. Rutgersfan0515

Rutgersfan0515 Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

But why Art?

35. NorthBroad

NorthBroad Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

We've been developing and winning with players from before, during, and after Matt. After Golden left, it was all over. After Addazio left, it was all over. After Rhule left, it was all over. After Collins left, it was all over. After Diaz left, it was all over. And then we went 8-4 this year.

115 NorthBroad, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    ademu93 likes this.