ADVERTISEMENT

Any Blacksheer contact?

I know some of you think that Blackshear shouldn't be taken back and I can understand how you feel. But I think we should leave this decision to Coach Schiano. He can best decide how much value Blackshear has and what effect taking Blackshear back will have on the team.
You say that as if posters actually have any say in the matter

Reactions: newell138
Running back is probably the only position group where we can afford to lose a guy as talented as Blackshear. I’d love to have him back if coach and team think it’s the right decision but we’d be just fine if he left, especially if we pick up a guy like Berger.

Or a cry for help?

Serious question. Do we really know what our B1G talent level is at this point? I don’t.

But I’m concerned that it may be less than we think.
could be Greg will look more favorably on bringing Blackshear back to the fold because his talent outweighs his action.
But I would guess, Raheem wouldn't be allowed back on roster if the team was against it and/or if the RB position is pretty strong without him.

In my opinion , if the team bares no grudges:
What Greg thinks of Adams and Young will go a long way if Schiano will be basing his decision on how much Blackshear's talen will be missed

Reactions: Knightmoves
could be Greg will look more favorably on bringing Blackshear back to the fold because his talent outweighs his action.
But I would guess, Raheem wouldn't be allowed back on roster if the team was against it and/or if the RB position is pretty strong without him.

In my opinion , if the team bares no grudges:
What Greg thinks of Adams and Young will go a long way if Schiano will be basing his decision on how much Blackshear's talen will be missed

Guessing Nunz will have a lot of say. Given how it transpired in warm ups and what he’s subsequently said about it, I’m guessing there isn’t a lot of love there. Sad thing is we could have been more competitive with him and he would have been able to show case his talent. As it is now, sometimes it’s best to start anew. For athletes and schools. This is one of those.

His talent doesn’t outweigh quitting on your team in pregame warm ups. That is egregious under any circumstance.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like there's an outside shot he still remains at Rutgers. Sure hope he doesn't get sent this thread to see how people feel about him.

What's his email address I'll send it to him.

Reactions: MADHAT1
These kids get 4 years and 48 games max (not including bowl games) to show their wares and try and make an impression on potential employers. Most don't play a significant role in every game they are eligible so they have even a shorter window. So you want this kid to sacrifice one of those years because he is one of many captains on the team, a team that is woeful and poorly coached. Please, the kid did the right thing and believe me his teammates understand.

Another person who's never had football practice

They need bodies to throw for practice. Sit will never start another game for Rutgers. Plus he's a terrible QB. But he can be useful for practice.

Too early for that decision imo. If Greg can get some pass blockers this season I believe that Sit may surprise us on the upside.

Sit has the measureables and a strong arm. Those guys are worth looking at imo.

No need. Looks like it was already tweeted at him and other recruits.

...just remember to tweet all of your NJ players the comments TU fans make on our board about their home state, or even let them know that no matter what TU does you still need to pay attention to RU.

Joe P.

...just remember to tweet all of your NJ players the comments TU fans make on our board about their home state, or even let them know that no matter what TU does you still need to pay attention to RU.

Joe P.

Huh? We love New Jersey. We've had several NJ players lead our teams to Top 25 rankings, College GameDay, conference championships in the last decade on their way to being developed into NFL players from New Jersey. Hassan Reddick, Dion Dawkins, PJ Walker, Jahad Thomas, Sean Chandler, Michael Dogbe, Ryquell Armstead, Keith Kirkwood, Tahir Whitehead, Jullian Taylor.

I don't know what that has to do with me wanting more info. on Blackshear.

If he transfers, a sit out year is a possibility. Not sure why he would want to risk that.
Yeah this is the point that everyone seems to be overlooking. Everything I have heard is that the NCAA will be tightening up on waivers, compared to last year. That said, it's possible that Blackshear could get one. But when would he know? If history is any indicator, it wouldn't be for months.

So does he transfer to Temple (or anywhere else) for the Spring semester, in hopes of being granted a waiver which is not guaranteed?

Or does he stick it out with RU for another semester, while the waiver request is pending? Thing is, RU doesn't have to play along. They could pull his ship for the Spring semester and tell him to F-off.

If I were advising him, and he told me that the bridges to RU have been burnt (which they may or may not be), then I'd suggest he transfer down to FCS (Villanova?). Immediate eligibility and dominate inferior competition.

Huh? We love New Jersey. We've had several NJ players lead our teams to Top 25 rankings, College GameDay, conference championships in the last decade on their way to being developed into NFL players from New Jersey. Hassan Reddick, Dion Dawkins, PJ Walker, Jahad Thomas, Sean Chandler, Michael Dogbe, Ryquell Armstead, Keith Kirkwood, Tahir Whitehead, Jullian Taylor.

I don't know what that has to do with me wanting more info. on Blackshear.

Surely you can attribute Matt Rhule and his staff to finding those players and developing them. Let's see if Carey sustains that progress.

Yeah this is the point that everyone seems to be overlooking. Everything I have heard is that the NCAA will be tightening up on waivers, compared to last year. That said, it's possible that Blackshear could get one. But when would he know? If history is any indicator, it wouldn't be for months.

So does he transfer to Temple (or anywhere else) for the Spring semester, in hopes of being granted a waiver which is not guaranteed?

Or does he stick it out with RU for another semester, while the waiver request is pending? Thing is, RU doesn't have to play along. They could pull his ship for the Spring semester and tell him to F-off.

If I were advising him, and he told me that the bridges to RU have been burnt (which they may or may not be), then I'd suggest he transfer down to FCS (Villanova?). Immediate eligibility and dominate inferior competition.
Isn't Blackshear gonna be playing in the NFL next season ?

Unless you are around the kid in the weight room, on the practice field, and in the team meetings you have no idea about his desire to play the game. When he was on the field he was a productive player. I am sorry, but to blame a talented kid for not wanting to blow a year on that absolute mess, I don't think reflects on his desire, but his intelligence, smart kid.
It constantly amazes me how this board, which is filled with people who either reduced their season tickets when Ash was kept and/or threatened to get rid of them completely if Schiano wasn't hired, is so quick to brand a player a traitor because he chose to protect his rapidly disappearing eligibility from the mess Rutgers made.

It constantly amazes me how this board, which is filled with people who either reduced their season tickets when Ash was kept and/or threatened to get rid of them completely if Schiano wasn't hired, is so quick to brand a player a traitor because he chose to protect his rapidly disappearing eligibility from the mess Rutgers made.

I could understand your view more if you described what happened here more accurately. After Ash was fired, if Blackshear sat down with Nunz, discussed his future, and they agreed on the redshirt, it would be one thing. But, that’s not remotely what happened. Instead, he said nothing, allowed an entire game plan to be installed, which in large part centered on him, started to warmup on game day, and only then told Nunz that he wasn’t playing. He handled the situation just about as poorly as possible. I defer to GS 100% on his future here, but let’s at least be accurate in discussing what occurred.

Blackshear situation was very strange to me unless it was an Ash thing...The beginning of this year, he was being showcased exactly how he would be used and be successful in an NFL offense. He most likely got more NFL attention in those first few games then he did in any other year here.

I could understand your view more if you described what happened here more accurately. After Ash was fired, if Blackshear sat down with Nunz, discussed his future, and they agreed on the redshirt, it would be one thing. But, that’s not remotely what happened. Instead, he said nothing, allowed an entire game plan to be installed, which in large part centered on him, started to warmup on game day, and only then told Nunz that he wasn’t playing. He handled the situation just about as poorly as possible. I defer to GS 100% on his future here, but let’s at least be accurate in discussing what occurred.
Actually, how things went down has nothing to do with my point. People previously threatening to bail on the program now picking on Blackshear for the same thing are hypocrites.

Actually, how things went down has nothing to do with my point. People previously threatening to bail on the program now picking on Blackshear for the same thing are hypocrites.

Of course it relates. You are equating what Blackshear did to his teammates and Nunz with fans, many of who supported the program for decades. There’s really no comparison whatsoever. Also, what Blackshear did is far worse inasmuch as he was on the actual team and a captain. He was supposed to be a leader in the ultimate team sport and when times got really tough he only thought about himself.

Of course it relates. You are equating what Blackshear did to his teammates and Nunz with fans, many of who supported the program for decades. There’s really no comparison whatsoever. Also, what Blackshear did is far worse inasmuch as he was on the actual team and a captain. He was supposed to be a leader in the ultimate team sport and when times got really tough he only thought about himself.
And you are ignoring that he has the huge factor of only having 4 years of eligibility in his entire life, that needs to be completed in 5 years time, and whatever is wasted of it is gone never to be regained.

You forgive the fans for bailing when they are under much less pressure, and what evidence do you have that anyone involved in this program has made their decisions based on anything other than thinking about themselves? There are a lot of reasons why a kid wouldn't try and transfer, and a lot of them have nothing to do with unselfishly putting their teammates ahead of their own career.

Reactions: Rutgers56
this is always a difficult thing....after Ash was fired, and it looked like a lost year anyway, I could understand somewhat if he wanted to red shirt, but, stay here and play for the new coach

that is not the exact case here, and he IS a captain, which makes it all LESS understandable.

so, if he decides to stay, maybe being forced into it by tighter transfer rules, how should we feel?

And you are ignoring that he has the huge factor of only having 4 years of eligibility in his entire life, that needs to be completed in 5 years time, and whatever is wasted of it is gone never to be regained.

You forgive the fans for bailing when they are under much less pressure, and what evidence do you have that anyone involved in this program has made their decisions based on anything other than thinking about themselves? There are a lot of reasons why a kid wouldn't try and transfer, and a lot of them have nothing to do with unselfishly putting their teammates ahead of their own career.

Do you follow the NFL? Take a look at the average NFL roster. You don’t need to put up huge numbers in college or play at a winning school to play in the league. Kamara and Chris Carson were backups in college. Aaron Jones played at UTEP and was a 5th round pick. I could go on and on.

My point — the “career” narrative isn’t based on fact.

Do you follow the NFL? Take a look at the average NFL roster. You don’t need to put up huge numbers in college or play at a winning school to play in the league. Kamara and Chris Carson were backups in college. Aaron Jones played at UTEP and was a 5th round pick. I could go on and on.

My point — the “career” narrative isn’t based on fact.
You brought up the NFL I didn't.

Is loyalty to the coach or school? If it’s to the coaches, no one should have a problem with RB. I’ll root for him if he comes back.
Look at it this way , He made the decision not to play at the last minute because of the situation and it wasn’t a good move on his part , however the other running backs behind him and Pacheco have received Much playing time so that’s a plus experience wise in that room . All Greg Schiano has to do is Produce a solid offensive line and those running backs will perform great and as for Blackshear I believe he made a bad situation into a good situation for the future , give the young man sometime to sort things out captain or not .

Don’t know if it matters, but Rutgers classes ended yesterday. Finals start December 16 and the last day for finals is December 23.

some of you are too much. Like, how many of you actually have self respect?

forget him, he wasn't even the best rb on the roster for crying out loud. He's not playing on Sundays and he won't go to a good spot after RU. he's gone

Nunzio is on the staff still.

I think he is the deciding factor if we allow him to stay (if he wanted to)

My guess is Nunzio doesn't think he's worth it for what he did as a captain of the team. Captains don't abandon ships in chaos.
But why Art?

Surely you can attribute Matt Rhule and his staff to finding those players and developing them. Let's see if Carey sustains that progress.

We've been developing and winning with players from before, during, and after Matt. After Golden left, it was all over. After Addazio left, it was all over. After Rhule left, it was all over. After Collins left, it was all over. After Diaz left, it was all over. And then we went 8-4 this year.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ademu93
We've been developing and winning with players from before, during, and after Matt. After Golden left, it was all over. After Addazio left, it was all over. After Rhule left, it was all over. After Collins left, it was all over. After Diaz left, it was all over. And then we went 8-4 this year.

And then you went 1-6 this year with multiple blow out losses to East Carolina, UCF, SMU, and Tulane with a mass exodus of your rotation players leaving for greener pastures. But at least you guys are #TempleTUFF right?
Congrats on your once in a generation type coach in Rhule, it’s unfortunate that type of success isn’t sustainable at a school like Temple

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
These old threads (Dec 2019) are entertaining to read the views of posters on Blackshear and Sitkowski before events unfolded with them.

Some strong opinions.

These old threads (Dec 2019) are entertaining to read the views of posters on Blackshear and Sitkowski before events unfolded with them.

Some strong opinions.

....one of the reasons I'm not a fan of smack talk and non-contextual discussion and whatnot is that it doesn't age well. Last year at this time TU posters were openly mocking Rutgers and saying losing Fran Brown to us wasn't a big deal because Carey was a winner at NIU and 'Rutgers is still the worst'...with the exception of maybe 5-10 programs, we're all a bad or good hire away from things flipping in the opposite direction.

Joe P.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT