ADVERTISEMENT

Any Intel On Lax Schedule?

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm trying to piece together which teams we are playing this spring...I'm guessing we play 14 games:

Cuse Road
Princeton Home
Army Home
Loyola Road
St. John's Road
Hopkins Road
Michigan Road
PSU Road
OSU Home
Maryland Home

So that's 10 of the 14 based on deductive reasoning. Is the series with Delaware over? I think we play Lehigh home, that should be #11. Probably still playing Fairfield, that'll be #12. Pretty sure the Brown series is over. Any clue who the last few games will be?

Last edited:
I think Loyola is at Rutgers in 2019 on Feb 23. Then Rutgers travels to Loyola in 2020...

Princeton has already released its schedule...the game is at Rutgers on 3/9 (Sat)

That's all I have...wish I had more.

Last edited:
BB tends to be tight lipped about the schedule but from what I understand Loyola was the only major change to the schedule. I know that Syracuse was having some logistic issues with us playing at the dome, so that may get moved to a neutral site.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Not having to play them in the Dome, where they have a home field advantage much like we do at HPSS, would be great news for us.

I was told the game was at Loyola, but things could have changed.

I could be wrong, but I got a peak at the Loyola schedule this summer when I was on campus with my other son and I thought it said the game was at RU...again, maybe it was tentative...I certainly could be wrong...wouldn't be the first time.

Another triple header like they did a few times 8-10 years ago.
The first scheduled public event at MetLife Stadium was a men’s college lacrosse triple header. Konica Minolta Big City Classic, April 10, 2010. Was there. Delaware / Hofstra, Virginia / North Carolina, Syracuse / Princeton.

The first scheduled public event at MetLife Stadium was a men’s college lacrosse triple header. Konica Minolta Big City Classic, April 10, 2010. Was there. Delaware / Hofstra, Virginia / North Carolina, Syracuse / Princeton.

So was I. They hadn't installed the large replay screens and the 4 empty spaces created a wind tunnel effect. They were also selling Taylor Ham sandwiches.

BTW Anyone else see the Inside lacrosse ratings of incoming recruits? RU fans are sure to be disappointed

So was I. They hadn't installed the large replay screens and the 4 empty spaces created a wind tunnel effect. They were also selling Taylor Ham sandwiches.

BTW Anyone else see the Inside lacrosse ratings of incoming recruits? RU fans are sure to be disappointed
Why would we be disappointed in the rankings, we have four guys on the lists which is more than we have ever had. That’s progress.

You could also add the transfers to this incoming class as "new" players/additions to Rutgers...I know it doesn't work that way in the class rankings & publications, but it counts where it matters most...on the field.

Reactions: Caliknight
The team didn't make the Top 20.
We never have and frankly as far as the Nj guys go the list is BS. Taub is an excellent example last year he was the top rated defenseman in NJ and then he went and played his senior year and was named Defensive player of the Year in NJ, by the coaches, but IL has him ranked behind two other kids. Another example is Sprocket who was in the top 100 players in the country when he was a UVA commit but then he switches to Rutgers and drops out.
Golfer is also right about transfer as we did very well in that area also with Kamish Massessa and the goalie from NCCC.

The team didn't make the Top 20.
Those rankings are very speculative. And that is being kind. It’s basically a couple of guys who I’m not sure even played making these rankings. There are certainly a few can’t miss kids, but this isn’t the NFL draft we are talking about. The resources involved are minuscule.

I’d believe NJ rankings done by Family for instance far more than anyone at Inside Lacrosse.

Coach Brecht is super high on these classes coming in. That matters more than anything you’ll see from IL.

If the coach is getting the kids "he wants"...his top targets and kids he feels fit the program...then that is truly what counts...so if your getting the kids you targeted, then all good

The lists are what they are as we've said...a percentage of the kids belong on that list and some don't...the reality is there are tons of kids out there that don't get as much exposure, but they ARE very good...non traditional markets don't get near the exposure as the hotbed areas...that's a fact. It's starting to change...but not very much

I'm thinking this RU team has a lot of talent on it...from what I've heard

Reactions: rufamily
If the coach is getting the kids "he wants"...his top targets and kids he feels fit the program...then that is truly what counts...so if your getting the kids you targeted, then all good

The lists are what they are as we've said...a percentage of the kids belong on that list and some don't...the reality is there are tons of kids out there that don't get as much exposure, but they ARE very good...non traditional markets don't get near the exposure as the hotbed areas...that's a fact. It's starting to change...but not very much

Golfer met your son, you did an excellent job, very nice young man and very well spoken.

When you see our team on the field with all of those hotshot recruits from Hopkins and Syracuse, it makes those rankings seem pretty silly.

Buckle up, these are the exciting times.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Golfer met your son, you did an excellent job, very nice young man and very well spoken.
Well that's good to hear...appreciate that. So far, he is VERY happy with his decision and from what I can tell from my conversations...he's in a good place for him (and I mean that in more ways than just lacrosse)

I'll be in town Saturday night to have dinner with him and hang out on Sunday for a bit...I'm looking forward to seeing him...as odd as this seems, this stretch has been the longest I've ever gone without seeing him...but if he feels at home, then I'm happy...

Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: Caliknight
Glad to hear he is comfortable. Being around the team/families a lot the last few years, it's a great "family" to be a part of. That extends to more than just the alums, which has always been amazing.

Reactions: rufamily
Those rankings are very speculative. And that is being kind. It’s basically a couple of guys who I’m not sure even played making these rankings. There are certainly a few can’t miss kids, but this isn’t the NFL draft we are talking about. The resources involved are minuscule.

I’d believe NJ rankings done by Family for instance far more than anyone at Inside Lacrosse.

Coach Brecht is super high on these classes coming in. That matters more than anything you’ll see from IL.
Just wanted to touch on this just a bit. Today I was poking around the IL website and decided to look at Rutgers overall graded average for their 2018 class. it was a B- pretty good if you ask me. So, just out of morbid curiosity I decide to look at the bottom of the top 20 to see how far away we might be from the top 20, get a gauge if you will. so I look up OSU 2018 recruiting grade . given to them by IL and it was a C+, which, I thought< is lower than a B-, but a went on and looked at Michigan's grade and low and behold it was the same C+ grade and then PSU and they were at a B- which is the same grade as us, but it gets weirder as I move down I see Lehigh at #8 that is a get job by those guys and something to be proud of and I was expecting a solid B+ or better maybe even an A, but Lo and Behold their grade was a B-. So the same recruiting service that rated them the Number 8 recruiting class in the country gave them the same grade as poor lowly unranked Rutgers. Lehigh is especially interesting to me since they have so many NJ kids including 2 defensemen we played against all 4 and I would take our two over their two any day.
The moral of the story, if you have not already figured it out, is that these recruiting rankings mean Jack, and you all should be fired up for the spring because based on what I saw and heard yesterday we have: 3 Goalie who can play, 11 offensive middies including a couple of monster freshmen, 5 attackmen just crazy talent on the defensive end. 1 name to remember at midfield Joe Peterson, the young man is a big boy.

Well that's good to hear...appreciate that. So far, he is VERY happy with his decision and from what I can tell from my conversations...he's in a good place for him (and I mean that in more ways than just lacrosse)

I'll be in town Saturday night to have dinner with him and hang out on Sunday for a bit...I'm looking forward to seeing him...as odd as this seems, this stretch has been the longest I've ever gone without seeing him...but if he feels at home, then I'm happy...

Thanks for the kind words.
He said as much to me yesterday and I am really happy that he is happy, I have relationships with several of the kids on the team whether I coached them or they were part of our club program. I really like this group and more importantly they seem to really like each other.
where you taking him for dinner? If you want something casual try Stuff Your Face, the Boli's are awesome. either way enjoy your time with your son.

Just wanted to touch on this just a bit. Today I was poking around the IL website and decided to look at Rutgers overall graded average for their 2018 class. it was a B- pretty good if you ask me. So, just out of morbid curiosity I decide to look at the bottom of the top 20 to see how far away we might be from the top 20, get a gauge if you will. so I look up OSU 2018 recruiting grade . given to them by IL and it was a C+, which, I thought< is lower than a B-, but a went on and looked at Michigan's grade and low and behold it was the same C+ grade and then PSU and they were at a B- which is the same grade as us, but it gets weirder as I move down I see Lehigh at #8 that is a get job by those guys and something to be proud of and I was expecting a solid B+ or better maybe even an A, but Lo and Behold their grade was a B-. So the same recruiting service that rated them the Number 8 recruiting class in the country gave them the same grade as poor lowly unranked Rutgers. Lehigh is especially interesting to me since they have so many NJ kids including 2 defensemen we played against all 4 and I would take our two over their two any day.
The moral of the story, if you have not already figured it out, is that these recruiting rankings mean Jack, and you all should be fired up for the spring because based on what I saw and heard yesterday we have: 3 Goalie who can play, 11 offensive middies including a couple of monster freshmen, 5 attackmen just crazy talent on the defensive end. 1 name to remember at midfield Joe Peterson, the young man is a big boy.

Not surprised they can't even keep their own rankings straight.

It's a bunch of amateurs, bottom line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT