ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on search for Barchi's successor?

Been awfully quiet...
Yeah...I don't like the fact that it's December and we haven't heard any names yet. You would think the new President would need to be hired by February so he/she can settle affairs in their current role and be ready to run RU by 7/1/20.

Reactions: RUSK97
What are some of the key points of emphasis that the new president will be focused on in the short and long term? Barchi was brought in for the merger. So what would you say is next?

What are some of the key points of emphasis that the new president will be focused on in the short and long term? Barchi was brought in for the merger. So what would you say is next?
Only telling you what I heard, but I don't know if there's any credibility to it: they want the next president to have a strong biomedical sciences background. The merger is complete, but the rejuvenation of the medical school and allied health sciences school is far from complete. And to be honest, UMDNJ was a very middling type of school, so there's a lot more work to be done.

way too early to be hearing much. The search firm is probably out there searching, and coming up with names for the search committee to interview. I wouldn't expect a decision before April at the earliest. This is what happens with all RU searches for deans and presidents. I am not surprised they want someone with a strong biomedical sciences background.

Only telling you what I heard, but I don't know if there's any credibility to it: they want the next president to have a strong biomedical sciences background. The merger is complete, but the rejuvenation of the medical school and allied health sciences school is far from complete. And to be honest, UMDNJ was a very middling type of school, so there's a lot more work to be done.
I keep hearing “ Rutgers Health” will be promoted more.

would love to hear what type of profile, experience, and traits they are looking for.

I think it is so critical that the next president comes from a school and/or mindset of delivering an excellent all-around student experience at a big time ("Power 5") type school.

We have to continue putting up new buildings, drastically improving the campus, improve the academic rankings, build more scholarship offerings, increase out-of-state enrollment to improve the budget/economics and make RU a top-flight attractive destination for students all across the East coast.

ADVERTISEMENT