ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you live in Seaside ?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Was over at Island Beach State Park walking today and on my way back, I noticed just before Lafayette Street, a house with a flagpole with a Rutgers flag. Certainly can’t be a bandwagon fan since they also had a Mets flag on the pole. Any of you live in Seaside Park ?

Anybody can root for the Patriots, Celtics, Clemson football, Kentucky Basketball, Yankees
It takes a person who really enjoys “program building” to be a Rutgers sports fan !
Just so YA KNOW. beaced is NOT an RU Sports Fan per se.I am an RU FOOTBALL FAN who has an interest in the other Sports.Over the years I learned not to overload my pain tolerance.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Was over at Island Beach State Park walking today and on my way back, I noticed just before Lafayette Street, a house with a flagpole with a Rutgers flag. Certainly can’t be a bandwagon fan since they also had a Mets flag on the pole. Any of you live in Seaside Park ?

I have a place in the Heights but I do know that house as I am a Rutgers and Mets fan as well

Reactions: red sail

Heaven - I live in South Seaside Park (close enough? :)). I'll have my RU flag flying later this month - just need to install the flag pole on the deck -- and you'll be able to easily see it on a future visit to IBSP. Go RU!

I never know which part is Seaside Park, which is South Seaside Park, and what is included in Toms River and what is included in Berkeley. lol And it is really crazy that the kids have to be driven all the way down to Central Regional instead of one of the THREE Toms River High Schools. Anyway, I will look for it somewhere between the post office and The Atlantic Grill. Funny thing is I probably won’t be over there much before Labor Day since there are so many trespassers on MY beach during the Summer. Mostly stick to wide open sandy roads during the next few months. Can’t use regular hiking trails much either with the tick armies waiting to attack all Summer. You only need a few nights in the 40s in early Fall and that wipes them out, although I have heard they all don’t die during the cold. They just don’t seem to attack as much.

I never know which part is Seaside Park, which is South Seaside Park, and what is included in Toms River and what is included in Berkeley. lol And it is really crazy that the kids have to be driven all the way down to Central Regional instead of one of the THREE Toms River High Schools. Anyway, I will look for it somewhere between the post office and The Atlantic Grill. Funny thing is I probably won’t be over there much before Labor Day since there are so many trespassers on MY beach during the Summer. Mostly stick to wide open sandy roads during the next few months. Can’t use regular hiking trails much either with the tick armies waiting to attack all Summer. You only need a few nights in the 40s in early Fall and that wipes them out, although I have heard they all don’t die during the cold. They just don’t seem to attack as much.

South Seaside Park starts around 1st Lane (aka where Midway beach is) I believe both the SSSP and SSP are Berkeley Township.

Reactions: WhiteBus
South Seaside Park starts around 1st Lane (aka where Midway beach is) I believe both the SSSP and SSP are Berkeley Township.
Could be. I think when you get over the Route 37 bridge, it is still Toms River for a while. Very odd . Of course, I live in Manchester which has Lakehurst in what they call the hole in the donut. Lakehurst is completely surrounded by Manchester, is about the size of a postage stamp, has about 119 people yet has their own police department. Manchester police have to drive through Lakehurst to get to other parts of Manchester. Only in New Jersey would this not be one entire town. lol

Only South Seaside Park is part of Berkeley Township, which is all mainland. Makes no sense really, which is why many residents petition every year to break away and join Seaside Park. They feel they don't get the quality of services they should I think. I have a house there and never noticed any issues.
I do think it's beaches are one of, if not the, best beaches in state. It's a secret, please don't tell anyone.

Could be. I think when you get over the Route 37 bridge, it is still Toms River for a while. Very odd . Of course, I live in Manchester which has Lakehurst in what they call the hole in the donut. Lakehurst is completely surrounded by Manchester, is about the size of a postage stamp, has about 119 people yet has their own police department. Manchester police have to drive through Lakehurst to get to other parts of Manchester. Only in New Jersey would this not be one entire town. lol
Soon as you cross rt 37 Bridge ( Tunney/Mathis) you are on Pelican Island . Part of Pelican Island is Toms River and the other part is Berkeley Twp.
data=mont3ihZrT8JdpmQhCk2I0WyMrYPRbSPbNeLCCBD_HtNrwuV5fFCnjF8mDljdsr9jxXaKJ6iSRfXdZDAhmQXW_mpt9PUaqVjCGmOkiow_YmAuc88HQt-ip8V5CjKFQhD1AXUKiSQjc3baidDM77GQwBRvnuYcPQ3t3TBiXEAHuiJ4df8PZSGzQSHy04kBrPKJWaAXIoEx2dQFaqEsIVfOGAfhbwKH-lF2UW3ZAg_iUHhbKc

My house is across from Ebby's and often has a Rutgers flag flying from the porch. Gotta make sure it's out front all the time now that I know a bunch of you know SSP.

My property taxes are Berkeley, and yes, some of the best secret beaches with free parking around. But so little parking it's never filled with many tourists. All traffic heads straight into IBSP.

Heaven - I live in South Seaside Park (close enough? :)). I'll have my RU flag flying later this month - just need to install the flag pole on the deck -- and you'll be able to easily see it on a future visit to IBSP. Go RU!
dazl - my MIL has a house on 3rd Lane, South Seaside Park (Midway Beach)

My house is across from Ebby's and often has a Rutgers flag flying from the porch. Gotta make sure it's out front all the time now that I know a bunch of you know SSP.

My property taxes are Berkeley, and yes, some of the best secret beaches with free parking around. But so little parking it's never filled with many tourists. All traffic heads straight into IBSP.
Ebby’s Deli or the restaurant?

Ebby’s Deli or the restaurant?

Ebby's deli is now gone. It's going to be Jerry's Pizza and Deli in about a week or so. I think Jerry's has an existing store in Point Pleasant? Anybody have any idea if their pizza is any good?

I watched RU FB get smoked at Nebby, Wisky or Ohio St, I really don't remember which other than they were red, at JR's on the boardwalk

Saw a few people in Rutgers gear
Seaside Boardwalk Bars are very Pro Rutgers...Sawmill, Jr's and Spicy Cantina all have a RU banner up and telecast RU Games..Spicys had a big meet and greet last year with a couple coaches and Hobbs...Ash kind of hid in the back of restaurant while Goodale was out front shaking every ones hand and talking RU as was Hobbs..I talked to Ash that day and was like...OMG I can't believe he's our coach! Jr's owner can be seen at most Rutgers matches matside...Thats also the bar of Frankie Edgar...The place is wild when Frankie fights.

Last edited:
Seaside Boardwalk Bars are very Pro Rutgers...Sawmill, Jr's and Spicy Cantina all have a RU banner up and telecast RU Games..Spicys had a big meet and greet last year with a couple coaches...Ash kind of hid in the back of restaurant while Goodale was out front shaking every ones hand and talking RU..I talked to Ash that day and was like...OMG I can't believe he's or coach!

Good to know

I'm not usually down that way after Labor Day, but maybe worth a trip for some bar hopping on a warm Sept Saturday road game.

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
dazl - my MIL has a house on 3rd Lane said:
I'm not in Midway Beach. My wife's grandfather built a bungalow on 1st Lane way back when. But I just learned I'm about 2 blocks from InGregITrust!

I'm about 2 blocks away from you. I'll be looking for your flag!

Reactions: InGregITrust
Ebby's deli is now gone. It's going to be Jerry's Pizza and Deli in about a week or so. I think Jerry's has an existing store in Point Pleasant? Anybody have any idea if their pizza is any good?

Across from the restaurant.

The deli is definitely Jerry’s and hopefully open soon so my kids can go waste money on candy there!

I think I will try Sawmill pizza next week. Picture looks good
I remember getting a massive slice and a coke in a plastic cup for $1.00 at the Sawmill. Way before it went "upscale". No matter how much beer we were drinking, I always drank the coke for some reason LOL.

Reactions: RU205

In my opinion, Island Beach State Park is the best beach in NJ. Nothing comes close. If you arrive early and get one of the spots in the small parking lots past the main parking area, they only fit like 8 cars, so its like having a private beach.

One of my brothers has a house in Seaside Park (Berkeley Township). He’s on the bay side - very quiet and family oriented. I usually mooch a week every summer. Hey that’s what family is for no?

Girlfriends parents have a house on 14th in Seaside Park, across the street is Midway. We usually forgo the SP beaches and get the badges for Midway every year.

Half of new Brunswick is in Midway.
Normandy Beach, which is on the island 1/2 way between PointPleasant & Sleezeside is half Brick Township and half either Toms River or Dover Township. So that’s where the dividing line is.

They have Beach 1,2,3 between Ocean Club and Used to Be
Our friends "had" a cottage right there at Camp Osborne. You know the only piece of sand on Rt.35 that has yet to be rebuilt. They finally got tried of their whole Homeowner Association and decided to buy a house in Seaside Park. When that place finally gets their act together and rebuilds they'll simply sell there.

Our friends "had" a cottage right there at Camp Osborne. You know the only piece of sand on Rt.35 that has yet to be rebuilt. They finally got tried of their whole Homeowner Association and decided to buy a house in Seaside Park. When that place finally gets their act together and rebuilds they'll simply sell there.
My sister also had a house in Camp Osborn. They were renting the land so with everything gone they no longer had any rights to rebuild. They did get insurance money for the house.

Reactions: koleszar

My sister also had a house in Camp Osborn. They were renting the land so with everything gone they no longer had any rights to rebuild. They did get insurance money for the house.

To my knowledge the recently approved X amount of homes to be rebuilt there. I say X because I do not know the exact number or plan.

To my knowledge the recently approved X amount of homes to be rebuilt there. I say X because I do not know the exact number or plan.
Yes they're getting to the final stages. From what I was told the hold up was everyone wanted what they had before. Well they couldn't have what they had before and some didn't want to budge. Now it's more like duplex's with living above and garage below. There's still some douche neighbor who has been fighting every single rebuild in that area. Apparently he doesn't have ocean front property but doesn't want anyone to block his view.

Yes they're getting to the final stages. From what I was told the hold up was everyone wanted what they had before. Well they couldn't have what they had before and some didn't want to budge. Now it's more like duplex's with living above and garage below. There's still some douche neighbor who has been fighting every single rebuild in that area. Apparently he doesn't have ocean front property but doesn't want anyone to block his view.

The persons name is Anton Semprivivo just google the name or his corporation "JSTAR" and you can read all about it......I have been following it for a few years now.

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT