ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Taylor's visit to Wisky this weekend?

Haven't heard anything so maybe no news is good news.
Article on nj.com quotes him saying that Wisky has the second best OL in the nation, with Dallas Cowboys being number 1. He and family are taking it all in. In Taylors last game he averaged over 26yards a carry. Draw your own conclusions.

Rutgers OV in Dec is good news for us. I think he wants to help build something special with his Jersey brothers and sticks with Ash. Wisconsin is nice if you're into that sort of thing, but there's no place like home.

Yes, among others.
However he had Wisky rated as Low on his interest level.

Most 247 crystal balls have him flipping. We'll see. I think he flips but who knows. Can't blame him Wisconsin is a great program, great academics and has a history of great RBs from NJ.

Reactions: RUsince52
Those in the 17 class are pretty close and truly believe that they will be the ones who return Rutgers to prominence. This class is a foundation for the future. A Rutgers team that can play head to head with Ohio State and Michigan will electrify the fanbase like it did in 2006.

Reactions: RUhobbit
I love Rutgers forever and always, but, had I visited Wisconsin before I was in college instead of after ... I probably would have went there. Just be happy he isn't visiting next weekend.

Reactions: 17Q66
Those in the 17 class are pretty close and truly believe that they will be the ones who return Rutgers to prominence. This class is a foundation for the future. A Rutgers team that can play head to head with Ohio State and Michigan will electrify the fanbase like it did in 2006.
Is that a statement based on knowledge, speculation, or a prediction? Regardless of what it is, sounds outstanding.

Those in the 17 class are pretty close and truly believe that they will be the ones who return Rutgers to prominence.

Prominence ? Tell me more about this prominence you speak of. I seem to have lost all recollection of this prominence.

Article on nj.com quotes him saying that Wisky has the second best OL in the nation, with Dallas Cowboys being number 1. He and family are taking it all in. In Taylors last game he averaged over 26yards a carry. Draw your own conclusions.
Think he is done with us. Grass is greener there

Mars Cheese Castle is in Kenosha nowhere near Madison. :) Winter? I've never seen -20 degrees here. It's mostly in the 30's, but in will get down to the teens from time to time. You folks in the East normally have worse winters than we do especially in terms of snow. It has been awhile. but we even have had winters with little or no snow. I do not think he cares about that stuff though. If he did he would be going to school down South. I've heard he wants to stay close to home so you guys are in good shape for his services. Too bad Wisconsin could make him an All American running back and a Heisman contender like that other Jersey kid that went there. Oh and you know what the weather can't be that bad because that Heisman winner still lives there and loves it!

One negative is that Wisconsin is one of the least diverse schools in the country. They even photo-shopped a black guy into their program one year.

alabamasite3.jpg

One negative is that Wisconsin is one of the least diverse schools in the country. They even photo-shopped a black guy into their program one year.

alabamasite3.jpg
Highly doubt athletes care, as they spend almost all their time with other football players who obviously are more diverse

A lot of other schools refer to Wisconsin as Whisky. We are used to it. Ethnically-diverse college campuses offer students the opportunity to study and collaborate with undergraduates from racial and ethnic groups that are different from their own. The University of Wisconsin - Madison has a student body composition that is similar in ethnic diversity to the national average.

Last edited:
Mars Cheese Castle is in Kenosha nowhere near Madison. :) Winter? I've never seen -20 degrees here. It's mostly in the 30's, but in will get down to the teens from time to time. You folks in the East normally have worse winters than we do especially in terms of snow. It has been awhile. but we even have had winters with little or no snow. I do not think he cares about that stuff though. If he did he would be going to school down South. I've heard he wants to stay close to home so you guys are in good shape for his services. Too bad Wisconsin could make him an All American running back and a Heisman contender like that other Jersey kid that went there. Oh and you know what the weather can't be that bad because that Heisman winner still lives there and loves it!
Maybe there is something to these climate change theories. A long time ago, I spent a year in and around that that region, and I vividly remember the frequent below-zero days. I still have my Arctic Parka that was issued to me. I have no bias regarding Wisc, as I remember it as a beautiful place. But not cold?

These kids do not give a F about class diversity. They want academics, some hot coeds, a good team and a place that will show case their talent.

Some of you are way too far removed from college.

Reactions: RUaMoose
These kids do not give a F about class diversity. They want academics, some hot coeds, a good team and a place that will show case their talent.

Some of you are way too far removed from college.

So you are implying people cared more about ethnic diversity a long time ago? Interesting position on the topic. Not sure I've heard that one before.

Not as cold as you think. That is a myth. I am not a global warming advocate primarily because I believe weather temps, rainfall, snow amounts etc. go in cycles. However I have noticed that the average degree days have dropped in the area over the years. So to address your concerns it is probably not as cold here now as it was when you were here. Perhaps you simply caught a bad winter when you were here. I see much more severe weather in New Jersey than here in the winter. You guys make the national news with your weather we do not. :)

Reactions: BoogieKnight
So you are implying people cared more about ethnic diversity a long time ago? Interesting position on the topic. Not sure I've heard that one before.

I mean if you want to put words in my mouth, fine. To clarify, I am saying they're too far removed to see what is seen as important to someone of youth. Never did i say that ideology changed through time in my comment. In a majority of these recruiting type cases i will bet ethnic diversity probably doesn't crack the top 10+ for these guys.

Not as cold as you think. That is a myth. I am not a global warming advocate primarily because I believe weather temps, rainfall, snow amounts etc. go in cycles. However I have noticed that the average degree days have dropped in the area over the years. So to address your concerns it is probably not as cold here now as it was when you were here. Perhaps you simply caught a bad winter when you were here. I see much more severe weather in New Jersey than here in the winter. You guys make the national news with your weather we do not. :)
We make national news for everything. That's what happens when your in the media capital of the world. Not trying to be a jerk but nobody really cares about Wisconsin just like Idaho or Wyoming. It's just how it is. As far as you saying Wisconsin winters are milder than NJ's I have to call bullsh*t. No matter how much you try to champion your cause it's just simply not true. Your winters are brutal, just like my friends in Minnesota and Michigan. Actually I have no friends who moved to Wisconsin, not a dig just thought of it. You guys do play good pro and college football though.

We make national news for everything. That's what happens when your in the media capital of the world. Not trying to be a jerk but nobody really cares about Wisconsin just like Idaho or Wyoming. It's just how it is. As far as you saying Wisconsin winters are milder than NJ's I have to call bullsh*t. No matter how much you try to champion your cause it's just simply not true. Your winters are brutal, just like my friends in Minnesota and Michigan. Actually I have no friends who moved to Wisconsin, not a dig just thought of it. You guys do play good pro and college football though.

I am not championing any cause. And you know what's really funny? No one anywhere cares about New Jersey. You just think they do because your stuck there with no way out. And you say Jersey is the media capitol of the world? [laughing] Never ever heard that one before anywhere. I never said winters were milder here. They are just not nearly as bad as you think. The winters are far from brutal. You know nothing. I have played golf here in December, January and February for gods sake.

I am not championing any cause. And you know what's really funny? No one anywhere cares about New Jersey. You just think they do because your stuck there with no way out. And you say Jersey is the media capitol of the world? [laughing] Never ever heard that one before anywhere. I never said winters were milder here. They are just not nearly as bad as you think. The winters are far from brutal. You know nothing. I have played golf here in December, January and February for gods sake.
I said, "NJ is in the media capital of the world" Not that NJ is the media capital, reading comprehension would help you out. Just where exactly do you think it is? Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
Any Wisconsin RB's ever do anything in NFL?

ADVERTISEMENT