ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know the timetable for when the Weeks Building will be done? (Now Open)

Thank you.
I'm going through this too. My son is a senior and we live in California. He has applied to 8 UC schools and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. None of the schools have early decision or rolling admissions. We have to wait until March to find out.

I'm going through this too. My son is a senior and we live in California. He has applied to 8 UC schools and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. None of the schools have early decision or rolling admissions. We have to wait until March to find out.
There wasn’t one place where he felt “THIS is the one” so he chose early action (non-binding) if offered or regular if not.

The nice thing is his HS makes sure all the kids have everything (apps, transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.) done by early to mid October. I think that’s why we have heard already from 7 of his 10. And all yes so far too.

Congratulations to your son.

When I spoke briefly to someone in the engineering school this past October and asked about the progress on the building, they said it was still on schedule to open at the beginning of next fall semester.

There was some criticism of the design of the Weeks building on this board when the rendering was first released. Perhaps others have noticed as the construction progresses that the shape of the upper floors with a prow-like projection at one end, combined with the metallic cladding, resembles a ship. Weeks made his mark as a marine engineer, so I think the design is a fitting homage to the building's major donor and namesake..

Would love to hear what your son had to say about his experience too.
My daughter is currently a freshman in engineering. I am sure she would be willing to share any of her experiences.

First and foremost based on what we have heard from my daughter is that you have to stay on top of things. It is way easy to take your eyes off the ball and suddenly you are completely behind. Freshman year classes pretty much suck, definitely a case of having to pay your dues.

There was some criticism of the design of the Weeks building on this board when the rendering was first released. Perhaps others have noticed as the construction progresses that the shape of the upper floors with a prow-like projection at one end, combined with the metallic cladding, resembles a ship. Weeks made his mark as a marine engineer, so I think the design is a fitting homage to the building's major donor and namesake..
The design still looks awkward and silly in the video, I am never a fan of "fad" architecture. Such buildings look outdated very quickly (which will happen to the business building on Livingston). Hope it looks better in person.

'Cause my son just got into the School of Engineering. :smiley:

Rutgers Dedicates State-of-the-Art, Multi-use Engineering Educational Facility

Rutgers University President Robert Barchi, Rutgers–New Brunswick Interim Chancellor Christopher Molloy, and School of Engineering Dean Thomas Farris celebrated the opening of a state-of-the-art facility for student learning and research. Richard Weeks Hall of Engineering anchors the School of Engineering complex on the Busch campus and is the most recent facility built as part of an effort to create a core of new STEM facilities on the university’s Piscataway campus.

RU_Eng_WeeksHallCROP.jpg

I was skeptical about the building design, not least because it seemed to resemble a giant cock, but the inside looks friggin incredible. With the new Chem building just on the other side of the biomedical engineering building from RWH, this really transforms that whole, fugly, run down, undefined northern edge of Busch Campus. Now let's get to work on the academic quad on College Ave...

I don't remember if your son decided to go to RU, but if he did, how is he liking his first semester?
He ended up somewhere else and is very happy with his choice. As are his parents. Good fit on many levels. Doing well in and out of the classroom.

Reactions: m1ipabrams
As a parent, you can't ask for anything better!
I thought it was going to be very hard for his dad ( :cry::cry::cry:) dropping him off for his orentation weekend. But it was so well run and he and his parents felt so comfortable that we could have left early.

(but I’m glad he is on his way home via Amtrak as we speak ;) )

Reactions: m1ipabrams
ADVERTISEMENT