ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching the baseball game vs Miami

SantaFeScarlet

All American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
I realize RU is a northern team, and I really want to root for them but in the 1st 2 innings, 2 balls hit over outfielders heads (when you're playing the #24 team in US, you think you'd play a bit deep), missing the cutoff man with a 3 bouncer from cf...a 3 bouncer from cf to 2b that was way off 2b, error on a simple, not hard hit ground ball to 2b, 2 pass balls by pitcher with a man on 3rd for a 2 runs, ...wow. . I understand the disadvantages of being a northern school but St. Johns makes it happen. The fundamentals I'm seeing right now need a BIG improvement.

It's now the top of 3rd and we're down 4-0. Let's hope they can come back like RU hoops vs Northwestern, which was awesome

You are correct but
Miami is #9 in the nation NOT #24 (FYI)

Nuts you are correct but #9 is just one of 5 top polls. Yes, Perfect Game has UM #9, CBS Sports has UM #22....but....the NCAA, Baseball America and D1Baseball.com don't have UM ranked in their top 25.

No doubt UM is a good team, but 8 of our 9 outs in the 1st 3 innings are k's against UM's #3 pistcher...ouch

The UNM Lobos lost to #2 Oregon State (and OSU is #2 in all 5 polls not just 1) 5-2 with more than 1/2 the team frosh and sophs...come on I'm just sayin' there has to be more fire in the RU teams bellies and some state pride as most are form NJ...but right now there aint no fight in that dog.

Thankfully its a long season

I realize RU is a northern team, and I really want to root for them but in the 1st 2 innings, 2 balls hit over outfielders heads (when you're playing the #24 team in US, you think you'd play a bit deep), missing the cutoff man with a 3 bouncer from cf...a 3 bouncer from cf to 2b that was way off 2b, error on a simple, not hard hit ground ball to 2b, 2 pass balls by pitcher with a man on 3rd for a 2 runs, ...wow. . I understand the disadvantages of being a northern school but St. Johns makes it happen. The fundamentals I'm seeing right now need a BIG improvement.

It's now the top of 3rd and we're down 4-0. Let's hope they can come back like RU hoops vs Northwestern, which was awesome

Just let me remind you that passed balls are committed by the catcher, not the pitcher. Maybe they were scored as wild pitches? Great win for Rutgers!

You huckleberries are too busy looking for Likes Received for your handle. I could not be happier. You must have speed read past this thread’s 4th entry. Enjoying the victory over Miami with a Manhattan. Raining on the Hurricanes does not happen often.

LOL @ "huckleberries" hahahahaha! Love it! Enjoy your drinks in the city buddy!

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Lefty reliever for us went 4 scoreless innings. Had a great change. They couldn't do anything with it.

You huckleberries are too busy looking for Likes Received for your handle. I could not be happier. You must have speed read past this thread’s 4th entry. Enjoying the victory over Miami with a Manhattan. Raining on the Hurricanes does not happen often.

And I just had a Makers Mark Manny!
Tally ho ! Lol

Who’s next ?

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Great win. Our starting pitcher, Rutkowski is a freshman from Woodbridge and was player of the year in the state last year by the Ledger. Heatter who pitched 4 scoreless innings and struck out 8 is also a freshman but was third team all state last spring from Monroe. Just maybe our pitching will be improved going forward. we also have a freshman pitcher from Verona who was very good last year as well.

Isn't new assistant Cundari here for his pitching tutelage? BTW, any chance that "zappaa" ever becomes a volunteer Rutgers hitting and infield coach? Or maybe an overseer of the program? When we were in the Big East, Tino Martinez was a volunteer coach for the USF baseball team whose head coach was his brother-in-law.

Reactions: Abro1975

Thanks. This was a reverse scarlet nation jinx, but we will take it.

BTW, any chance that "zappaa" ever becomes a volunteer Rutgers hitting and infield coach? Or maybe an overseer of the program? When we were in the Big East, Tino Martinez was a volunteer coach for the USF baseball team whose head coach was his brother-in-law.

Haha.. now there's a change in the board's penchant for telling people how to donate their money.. now its time! I love it!

ADVERTISEMENT