ADVERTISEMENT

Are we in trouble

sky-is-falling-o.gif

You guy do have Bo melton that kids a stud

We need all the play makers we can get. We only have a couple right now as it is. Losing players to our division rivals hurts us doublely bad.

Next year is gonna be worse than this year with all the schiano recruits from 2012 gone. Our OL and DL depth is gonna be bad as is most of our 3 deep. We need all the help we can get to turn this around.

until RU starts proving it will be a winner, RU fans got to worry about other programs offering those RU has targeted and those already committed .
So we should worry about Lovett and every other recruit Rutgers hopes will sign their LOI making them Scarlet Knights.

We need all the play makers we can get. We only have a couple right now as it is. Losing players to our division rivals hurts us doublely bad.

Next year is gonna be worse than this year with all the schiano recruits from 2012 gone. Our OL and DL depth is gonna be bad as is most of our 3 deep. We need all the help we can get to turn this around.

Yes, next year could be worse than this year. Most here expected that. Losing some players don't help the cause. That's the task Ash is facing. but, we are not in trouble. So don't panic. Still have a great class coming in thus far. We can't confirm that until signing day, but Ash has already made this team better with the players we have. I said I would not judge Ash by wins and losses for 2 years. We just need to see a definitive direction of where we are going. If you look real close, you will see it.

Idk if we are in big trouble, but we should be extremely nervous. If this class somehow falls thru- then you can count on next year's class being weak too. We need this years class to hold- so they can help recruit the '18 class for us. A good '18 class doesn't happen without the '17

an honest guess by some would be around 3 de-commits..... this is not meant to be a knock on RU, but a normal
run of the course in a recruiting period..... bigger time programs get a couple also.

it hurts more when they go to a fellow conference team and we have to face them.... I hope our two running backs
stick, but all we can do is keep working it.

You know why next year will be better than this year?

Gio, Tylin, or Johnathan will be our QB. Everything else is secondary.

Who is Johnathan Lovett ? I don't see him on our commit list.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see him there.

Last edited:

I thought the popular theme on the board is that we can't wait to turn over the roster since there's a lack of talent. We need to make room for all those studs CA is recruiting. Now we're in trouble that the seniors are leaving? Doesn't seem to jive.

Talented linemen and linebackers coming out of high school are still undersized and not ready for immediate action. You probably know this, but you prefer to be snide.

Not flaming so don't take it the wrong way. We don't have many scholarships left so I would be concerned.
Then why offer? You think it's non commitable? Are you not taking a back in this class?

Speaking of the commit list I noticed not one kid from FL. So long FL pipeline I guess. It was nice while it lasted. If we have to depend on fickle NJ kids for most of our talent we're in big trouble. i think a lot of them just use Rutgers until they get a better offer. Would be nice if CA had connections elsewhere, maybe the Midwest since that's where he's from or the SE since he spent two years in AR but it doesn't appear to be the case given his early recruits. Say what you will about Al Golden, he would have used his FL connections from his years in Miami and brought some of that Sunshine state talent north like Schiano did.

Reactions: dollarbill
until RU starts proving it will be a winner, RU fans got to worry about other programs offering those RU has targeted and those already committed .
So we should worry about Lovett and every other recruit Rutgers hopes will sign their LOI making them Scarlet Knights.
This is correct we should all worry until signing day to see what we have. We have not accomplished enough to sit back and be confident. We have all seen this movie before. Let's not act outraged when someone brings this up.

Reactions: soundcrib
Ohio State picked a helluva game to sh*t the bed
-----
If I was a recruit I would try to look past the result of the game I was attending, unless the team you were considering was really really bad...... PU got back into the game against Ohio state, winning was the bonus

Jon got to see a typical PU crowd of over 100 thou, and the rest of what they offer..... had Ohio state pulled out the game at the end, I doubt it makes a difference on flipping.....

Who is Johnathan Lovett ? I don't see him on our commit list.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see him there.

What a troll you are. You spend all of your time here ripping the new coaching staff, and don't even know who our top recruits are. So is your interest Rutgers football? Or is your interest bitching... and we just so happen to be the ones lucky enough to endure it?

Lovett and Taylor both seem like they are heading elsewhere..PSU and Whisky.need two B10 wins..IMHO to hold onto this class..If Gio stays healthy..it could get done.!

Last edited:
Say what you will about Al Golden, he would have used his FL connections from his years in Miami and brought some of that Sunshine state talent north like Schiano did.
Do you have a life-size poster of Al Golden on the ceiling above your bed? You do, don't you? Man up and admit it.

Reactions: D1ESEL44
All you had to to was take a look at his twitter to see a he liked his gf's tweet saying how proud she was of him getting the offer. Her bio says psu '20 ...

Take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Lovett and Taylor both seem like they are heading elsewhere..PSU and Whisky.need two B10 wins..IMHO to hold onto this class..If Gio stays healthy..it could get done.!
lets see if the staff can hold this class together

Speaking of the commit list I noticed not one kid from FL. So long FL pipeline I guess. It was nice while it lasted. If we have to depend on fickle NJ kids for most of our talent we're in big trouble. i think a lot of them just use Rutgers until they get a better offer. Would be nice if CA had connections elsewhere, maybe the Midwest since that's where he's from or the SE since he spent two years in AR but it doesn't appear to be the case given his early recruits. Say what you will about Al Golden, he would have used his FL connections from his years in Miami and brought some of that Sunshine state talent north like Schiano did.

The Florida recruits were no less "fickle" than NJ recruits. Schiano's FL recruits (besides David Rowe) left the second one of the Florida powers offered. Regarding Lovett, I will put a positive spin on this and say I'd rather be in the current situation with Lovett and Taylor as opposed to Flood's battles with Temple.

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Then why offer? You think it's non commitable? Are you not taking a back in this class?

It's commitable or they wouldn't have offered. There is a TE who our coaching staff has been very straight up with and has not offered. Exactly why I said I would be concerned.

The players that wanted RU will stay. The others will multiple offers might stay. The ones that don't like our record are probably gone.
Don't know the number, but whoever stays WILL build the program and be proud of it. A couple of wins would certainly help to reinforce this class.

My Lord PLEASE change the title of this thread!

I'll say it again:

- we haven't lost a single commit and it's already the end of October (Flood's 2013 disaster, on the other hand, was down about 8-10 kids by now...)

- we ARE going to lose a kid or two. So what? Everyone does these days (see next point...)!

- Ohio State just lost a 4-star QB, from Ohio no less, to Kentucky. Shit happens!

- it's OKAY for kids to look elsewhere, they get FREE trips per the NCAA, let them be sure of where they want to go. Better now than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevH and redking
The Florida recruits were no less "fickle" than NJ recruits. Schiano's FL recruits (besides David Rowe) left the second one of the Florida powers offered. Regarding Lovett, I will put a positive spin on this and say I'd rather be in the current situation with Lovett and Taylor as opposed to Flood's battles with Temple.
Well put. It really is a matter of proper perspective...

Oh no we are losing Taylor and Lovett I guess we'll only get a couple thousand yards on the ground next year with Martin, Hicks and Sneed.

Oh no we are losing Taylor and Lovett I guess we'll only get a couple thousand yards on the ground next year with Martin, Hicks and Sneed.

Martin and Hicks are seniors next year. It's about the 2018 season I worry about. We need better quality backs in the Big Ten and more of them. After next year we only have Sneed.

Don't mean to sidetrack thread, but I doubt Taylor has a commitable Wisky offer at this time.

Threads like this do absolutely nothing to help the program. As of today, both are still committed to RU, even after they have done official visits at the other schools. People worry and worry about things they have no control over. The staff, I am sure, is working hard to keep these kids committed. Maybe they will be successful, maybe they won't Either way we are not "in trouble."

We were in trouble when recruits watched us play under the prior regime, and realized our coaches hadn't a clue what they were doing. Everyone knows Ash knows what he is doing. So its just a matter of if the kids want to be here or want to be somewhere else. Just like every other school has to deal with, and how it should be. Equal schools are a toss up, better schools will be harder to recruit against, worse schools will be easier to recruit against. Still doesn't mean you get everyone.

With the prior staff, we were not at a P5 level. That's "trouble." When every kid with another P5 offer is going to the other school. Even if we have defections, that will not be the case this year, or ever again.

Silly comment. Of course we need these guys. We need play makers, and they are both play makers. We need them here and they will have a much higher likelihood of seeing the field early and often at RU. Hopefully they see the value in that as they consider their prospects at getting to the NFL.

For borderline NFL talent (who is just about everyone) playing time is HUGE. It is the most important factor in elevating your game to where it needs to be to take the next step.

Reactions: SF88

Not true unless you choose to believe many of the committed recruits are being less than honest.....a lot less than honest.

ADVERTISEMENT