sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001

And all that needed to happen was:

1. Traded Stephanie Watts to Chicago
  2. Traded Sydney Wiese to DC
  3. Cut Kristine Anigwe
  4. Seimone Augustus retired to become assistant coach
Congrats to Arella, who made the team with only about 2 days of practice. I think she'll prove she was worth it.

This is excellent news for Arella, LA has always like Rutgers players because they make great pros. They drafted Rashida Juniad, Kadijah Rushdan, April Sykes and now Arella.

This is great news and Arella will make the other teams regret they did not draft her.

Great job Sparks! YAY,YAY for Arella. Also I was hoping they would make Seimone one of the coaches. Most recognized team in the WNBA, and they have RU's own Erica Wheeler, and Arella.

This is excellent news for Arella, LA has always like Rutgers players because they make great pros. They drafted Rashida Juniad, Kadijah Rushdan, April Sykes and now Arella.

This is great news and Arella will make the other teams regret they did not draft her.
Do not forget Essence Carson, she was with the Sparks for many years.

Reactions: Drayon10
Just another reason not to panic when it comes to RU Players .
At the first sigh of a potential problem , Rutgers fans look at the worst case scenario and believe that will happen..

As for me, I thought Arella might be traded and Indiana was the team that would trade for her.
Why I felt that way is because I don't follow the WNBA much and I read somewhere the Fever had a need for guards
So it was an uneducated guess , based on worrying about Arella's chances to make the Sparks ,even though I felt she has WNBA talent.

Guirantes may play for Puerto Rico--but probably not this year.

Pre-selection team of 19 players that will be cut to 15 before May 28. I suspect that Arella will be cut from the travelling Puerto Rican National Team list since their practice started on the 10th.

Taking the liberty of translating a particular sentence...

"Regarding the shooting guard of Puerto Rican heritage, Guirantes, he indicated that her making the National Team will depend on her plans in the WNBA 'but she is one of the players who is listed in the Pre-selection with the possibility of joining the National Program.'"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT