ADVERTISEMENT

Armstrong and Richardson.

Lawboy12007

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2021
Two of the best NJ Class of 2022 saw their prospective head coaches leave the school they were committed to attend next year. Armstrong the Villanova recruit who signed in April 21 attended last nights Wildcat banquet but most mention of Nova was removed from his Facebook page. Villanova has two Argonauts stars on their roster, Brian Antoine and Trey Patterson. Both players were heavily recruited by this staff. Will Richardson was another combo four star recruit who selected Fordham over a group of P5 schools. He was not originally offered by Rutgers. His coach, Kyle Neptune, has migrated to Nova. Let’s see what occurs with these two NJ burgeoning stars. Will RU look into bringing in another high school recruit or will these two go out of state. SHU may be a player with Richardson per a source If they select to bring in another high school guard.

I think Rutgers would be interested in both Armstrong and Patterson but my guess is that the Villanova culture is strong enough to keep them there. Antoine is a bit of a different story since he could use a fresh start. I think he'd be a worthwhile pickup but I also thought he might have entered the portal already, so the fact he hasn't may be indicitive.

New coach might make antoine want to stay. New coach maybe likes him more than Wright

New coach might make antoine want to stay. New coach maybe likes him more than Wright
More likely new coach might want to snag his 4 star recruit from Fordham, Will Richardson. Other scenario is he snags Richardson and keeps Antoine. Antoine most likely not starting according to the Wildcat Board. That position is Moores the following year and he bumps Longino and Antoine.

Coach Neptune may have been lead recruiter on Antoine and even Patterson. Certainly bares Watching. Would gladly take Any of Patterson, Antoine or Armstrong. Can’t say no to talent like that

ADVERTISEMENT