ADVERTISEMENT

Army at Oklahoma this Saturday

Does Army really need a ‘paycheck’ game?
Army balances it off with home games against Lafayette and Colgate. And the Lafayette game is a trap game for the Leopards, who have hated rival Lehigh up next, the longest running series in college football.

Reactions: redking
I
Army balances it off with home games against Lafayette and Colgate. And the Lafayette game is a trap game for the Leopards, who have hated rival Lehigh up next, the longest running series in college football.

I wonder how much Army and Navy make playing each other at the end of the year. A quick search didn’t show that info.

I

I wonder how much Army and Navy make playing each other at the end of the year. A quick search didn’t show that info.
Cheapest face value tickets are $100. A brand new 10 year TV contract. A piece of concessions and parking. Im sure it's a nice chunk of change.

Oklahoma has the ability to win by more than the spread. Question is will they call off the dogs early out of respect.

Army should be ok. They don't usually get killed in first halves vs good teams. They played Ohio State to 17-7 in first half last year. Game was 38-7 final with Army possession at 37 minutes.

Stanford was only leading Army 14-0 at the half (34-0 final) and that was a bad Army team.

Even good teams freak-out a bit over option when they haven't seen it in a long time

Army can't beat Oklahoma without a miracle but they shouldn't get thrashed. Army sucked vs Duke with four new OL and 5 fumbles (2 lost for scores) but they seem to have smoothed out the edges and the new QB is pretty good running AND passing.

Army is quite a bit different from 4 years ago (since Monken). They are much bigger/faster and look like Marvel comic books heroes (jacked). Army's biggest player used to be around 275-280lbs. Now there are a bunch of 300lb+ players.Even the warm-ups look vastly different. Army goes into games expecting to win. Monken fits Army very well. For RU fans its worth noting it took him 4 years to rebuild Army.

Monken likes to play one big team a season to entice recruits. Oak game is already sold out.

Reactions: JQRU91 and redking
Our season ticket group just bought Army vs. Air Force tickets. Going to take a beautiful relaxing trip up the Hudson and pretend that we don't play Wisconsin. We all decided, we need a reprieve from Rutgers Football for a week.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Our season ticket group just bought Army vs. Air Force tickets. Going to take a beautiful relaxing trip up the Hudson and pretend that we don't play Wisconsin. We all decided, we need a reprieve from Rutgers Football for a week.
Great place to watch a game.

Reactions: koleszar
Army has Buffalo next week.
They will play spirited tough football, Oklahoma players will know they’re getting hit.
When you popped you play hard...Oklahoma will win easy but will know they’ve been in a game.
By the way, we’re soft as pillows to play against

Always keep an eye on the weather when you travel that way.

SeaStreak can change their mind if it gets bad out.

Great place to watch a game.
My wife and I took it up a while ago and told everyone it's a nice day trip. Went up for the Rutgers game and everyone was hooked. Everyone's kids get pawned off on friends for sports or other activities and the 14 of us go up for the day.
Always keep an eye on the weather when you travel that way.
SeaStreak can change their mind if it gets bad out.

Yea hoping for good weather. Last Army trip for Tulane was beautiful and Rutgers game a little chilly but everyone loved it. It's just a great day trip. It just has something for everyone. The boozers get to drink, the foliage( a little late this year) and sight seers get to gawk, the football lovers get to watch a game.

Reactions: redking
Yea hoping for good weather. Last Army trip for Tulane was beautiful and Rutgers game a little chilly but everyone loved it. It's just a great day trip. It just has something for everyone. The boozers get to drink, the foliage( a little late this year) and sight seers get to gawk, the football lovers get to watch a game.
Did it for the Mike McMahon coming out party.

Highly recommend it for anybody who lives in the GOAT (Monmouth County).

Did it for the Mike McMahon coming out party.

Highly recommend it for anybody who lives in the GOAT (Monmouth County).

I was there for that one as well. The Air Force game features the sky divers from both schools on top of it being a Commanders Cup game so that one rarely disappoints.

I was there for that one as well. The Air Force game features the sky divers from both schools on top of it being a Commanders Cup game so that one rarely disappoints.
Have heard during Air Force Week the Boys in Blue fly ridiculously low down the Hudson where if you’re sitting in Michie you’re looking DOWN at a B-52 as it “waves” at you. LOL

The last time AF played at USMA, Stewart AFB sent one of these to do a low altitude bank turn over the parade grounds as ceremonies were taking place. I get to the AF games early.

Y3yRhl9.jpg

Thanks for the tip did not know that Air force does it as well. We're taking my father in law as well a retired Air Force Captain. He's very proud of his rank as he was a lifer and it took him a long, long time to get his doctorate in the healthcare profession to become one. The dudes like 70 yrs. old and still does rucksack races in his combat boots.

Last edited:
Have heard during Air Force Week the Boys in Blue fly ridiculously low down the Hudson where if you’re sitting in Michie you’re looking DOWN at a B-52 as it “waves” at you. LOL

You'll get something like that, but the most amazing one I ever saw was Army. Somewhere around 2002-2004. Sitting in the stadium you could hear loud helicopter noise but see nothing. As Army took the field, from 3 sides, Apache attack helicopters rose from below the top of the stadium to just over the top. The one right above where the Army team was taking the field dipped below the top of the stadium and then banked over the Lusk Reservoir. Truly amazing.

Reactions: ashokan
Thanks for the tip did not know that. We're taking my father in law as well a retired Air Force Captain. He's very proud of his rank as he was a lifer and it took him a long, long time to get his doctorate in the healthcare profession to become one. The dudes like 70 yrs. old and still does rucksack races in his combat boots.

You MUST be in your seats 25 minutes before game time if not earlier. Enjoy.

You'll get something like that, but the most amazing one I ever saw was Army. Somewhere around 2002-2004. Sitting in the stadium you could hear loud helicopter noise but see nothing. As Army took the field, from 3 sides, Apache attack helicopters rose from below the top of the stadium to just over the top. The one right above where the Army team was taking the field dipped below the top of the stadium and then banked over the Lusk Reservoir. Truly amazing.

They sent a bunch of helicopters over the stadium last week for the Hawaii game.

VZA8q0V.gif

Took Sea Streak to the Hawaii game last weekend. . What a nice day ! Our Annual pilgrimage. Pricey for 6 of us but we’ll never drive again.
They serve coffee and bagels in the morning and beer and wine on the ride home. We brought donuts and snacks. You can leave stuff on board while you are at the game.
Have a nice time.Am sure you will.

The Army Team? These guys to a man never give up. They out toughed a much bigger Hawaii team.

Go black knights! Beat the toothless land thieves!!

Tied at 14 in second quarter. Toughness, teamwork, coaching, pride and heart. Miles and miles of heart.

Holy shit! Stoped OU 4tg and 1 on the Army 5yrd line.

Following it in Twitter tweets.

Can't find it on TV up there here in Boston

Unfortunate turnover for Army after a long drive to follow the big 4th and goal stop. OU inside Army territory with a min to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT