ADVERTISEMENT

Army - Navy game

RUTGERZ_R00LZ

All Conference
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
First, put his game on your bucket list to see it in person. Second, check out the book A Civil War, by Feinstein. Third, please appreciate what these players go through to represent their school/nation/themselves.

Back to the future, tomorrow, my wife and I will go to the American Legion to watch the game. I'm a Navy guy and my wife retired from Ft. Monmouth after 25 years. We'll sit at opposite ends of the Legion and throw pretzels at each other. Great rivalry.

I am probably in a group of one in this regard, but I would love playing both each year in addition to the B1G....I know all the negatives, of which there are many, but to me the history and the class of oppnents outweighs all of that.

Reactions: superfan01
Great game. As big as a college football fan I am, I never had the desire to attend this game. I have been to army , been to navy but never been to this game . I am glued to the tv for it and really appreciate the service these guys provide to us. But maybe because the weather is usually bad , I like watching it in my living room with some good food and drink with my Christmas tree lit.

Army's choice of uniform color might give them an unfair advantage today. Father was Army. My grandpop and all his brothers were Army during WWII with one being a Ranger. Go Army!

Brother-In-Law graduated from Annapolis...love both institutions, but find myself always rooting for Army...maybe because they are often the underdog...my favorite non-RU football game to watch...period. For those going...enjoy the classic!!!

While watching the game, please keep your eye on Navy FB Anthony Gargiulo. Great young man who grew up following Rutgers. A good friend of mine and Anthony's father have been lifetime best friends. Anthony has attended RU sporting events since he was a kid. As a Rutgers fan, if there's one kid you want to pull for in this game, it's Gargiulo.

http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/anthony_gargiulo_973675.html

Last edited:
Going tomorrow for the first time. I couldn’t be more excited to cross this off my cfb bucket list.

Going tomorrow for the first time. I couldn’t be more excited to cross this off my cfb bucket list.
With all due respect to you,I cringe when I see "I'd die for dear old rutgers". I remember too well when Mark Mills and Robert Smith did just that .Practice field,different times,Frank Burns era.Very sad and probably stayed with Frank forever.

No true Rutgers fan would ever buy a book by Feinstein. "Checking it out", however, is OK!

NJ players on Army :

6 John Trainor Sr. RB 5-11 195 Harrington Park, N.J. / Northern Valley (USMAPS
52 Juwan Griffith-James Jr. DL 6-1 240 Bergenfield, N.J. / Bergenfield (USMAPS)
86 Edriece Patterson Fr. DL 6-3 245 Rahway, N.J. / Rahway (USMAPS)

NJ players on Navy :

37 Cameron Dudeck RB 5-9 189 JR Hamilton Square, NJ
38 Anthony Gargiulo FB 6-2 239 JR Freehold, NJ
46 Denzel Polk DE 6-2 241 SO Mount Royal, NJ
5 Mike Adzima G 6-2 282 SO Wallington, NJ
65 Peter Nestrowitz G 6-3 270 FR Township Of Washington, NJ
4 Chris Pearson NT 6-3 315 FR Teaneck, NJ
97 Dave Tolentino NT 6-2 294 SO Jersey City, NJ

There is a good chance that Army / Navy combined passing yards will be less than ours in this game. But they have an excuse. Ours is all us.

I'll put the over/under on total fumbles at 6 (lot of snow down and still coming down, and both teams pitch the ball out a lot)

Last edited:
Went to 3 of them at Municipal Stadium in the 70's. Sunny once with an early start and really cold the other 2. It never snowed, TG

I'm loving this already and it hasn't even started! The choice of unis this year (Navy - Blue Angels) and Army (10th Mountain Division) are absolutely fantastic (especially Army's...)!!

#goARMYbeatnavy

Reactions: Peteyd
I'm loving this already and it hasn't even started! The choice of unis this year (Navy - Blue Angels) and Army (10th Mountain Division) are absolutely fantastic (especially Army's...)!!

#goARMYbeatnavy
Perfect for today's weather.

I still say that someone other than Georgia Tech will be running these 90% run offenses that both squads run again in the Power 5. If youre one of those teams, why keep doing the same scheme that the big boys run when you can try something different that they're not used to seeing?

I was going to say triple option offenses but it looks like both squads are running single wing type runs (I will NEVER say Wildcat). This is kind of refreshing to see these type of offenses to tell you the truth.

I think Navy should have tried a long pass on that 4th down. With so little time left nothing bad could have happened and maybe they get a cheap touch down.

Anyone not think the ground is cold enough for the snow to still be so prevalent on the field at this point?

ADVERTISEMENT