ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Aron Cruickshank commits to Rutgers

ec1a7b3219081a6c91f10bd23544d3fb_w200.gif

I don’t know anything about the kid but why transfer from Wisconsin if he’s so good? Honest question. Why wouldn’t he be looking toward the draft?

from the looks of it, Schiano is doing a hell of a job.

I don’t know anything about the kid but why transfer from Wisconsin if he’s so good? Honest question. Why wouldn’t he be looking toward the draft?

1. He's not elig for the draft till 2021

2. There are upperclassmen ahead of him on the Wisky Depth Chart

3. I'm guessing he doesn't want to use up another year playing mostly ST

Reactions: beaced and Rokodesh

1. He's not elig for the draft till 2021

2. There are upperclassmen ahead of him on the Wisky Depth Chart

3. I'm guessing he doesn't want to use up another year playing mostly ST

It's Wisconsin. They want their offense to be based on running the ball a lot behind 300+lb linemen. As a result they want their WRs to be of decent size and to be good run blockers. They liked Cruickshank, and tried to get the ball to him where they could, but he was never going to be a WR getting a ton of downs in their system.

He missed good old NJ / NY Pizza and riding the subway system...Duh!!!!!!!!

By the way, this is the kid several people were saying we had no chance at. I'm bringing this up not to throw in anyone's face, but to point out that we can expect to compete with our P5 peers for recruits. We can begin to raise our expectations for the quality of player that this staff is capable of bringing in. It's been a long 8 years, but we have a real staff that knows what they are doing again.

Have you ever spent a winter in Wisconsin? It starts in early October!

Reactions: beaced
It's Wisconsin. They want their offense to be based on running the ball a lot behind 300+lb linemen. As a result they want their WRs to be of decent size and to be good run blockers. They liked Cruickshank, and tried to get the ball to him where they could, but he was never going to be a WR getting a ton of downs in their system.

Makes sense, I know they run the ball a lot, and they need bigger receivers to block. Kid is an athlete, glad to have him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT