ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Isaih Pacheco-"I wanted to play for NJ and rep."

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore

REPPING JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/stor...ands-isaih-pacheco-commits-rutgers/418295001/

When Isaih Pacheco arrived at Vineland High School in 2014, the football program hadn’t finished with a winning record in 11 years.

The struggles didn’t scare Pacheco though. He saw an opportunity to turnaround his hometown team.

The rising senior decided Wednesday to take on a similar challenge with his “hometown” university, verbally committing to Rutgers.

I wanted to play for New Jersey and rep,” Pacheco said on his way from the campus. “… It’s a big difference when you’re trying to be a leader instead of a follower for the name. I wanted to make a difference and stay in Jersey and make my family proud.”

“It’s going to be very exciting to see what’s next, what’s happening at Rutgers,” Pacheco said. “They have a great future coming up, great coaches and they’re building something special up there. It’s only the beginning for me and I can’t wait to experience more.”

How come every time I read what a recruit says after committing its to the effect of "they are building some special or they are building the program"? I've literally read this same sentence since 2003 on a annual basis. Is this something all recruits say about every school that's not a powerhouse? I'm guessing it's just a common term.

How come every time I read what a recruit says after committing its to the effect of "they are building some special or they are building the program"? I've literally read this same sentence since 2003 on a annual basis. Is this something all recruits say about every school that's not a powerhouse? I'm guessing it's just a common term.

byTaREx.gif

Reactions: Knight Shift
Its easy to follow and be one of the pack at a proven winner, it takes a special kid to want to come to a struggling program because they feel its a good fit and they can make it better.
It's
like the old beating a dead horse thing,BUT,if these so called top Jersey kids ALL came to RU in one class,by the time they were Seniors we could be Conference Champs and possible top 4 finalists for the NC game. Where is their vision and intelligence?

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's
like the old beating a dead horse thing,BUT,if these so called top Jersey kids ALL came to RU in one class,by the time they were Seniors we could be Conference Champs and possible top 4 finalists for the NC game. Where is their vision and intelligence?
Someday in the near future, we will make it so.

ADVERTISEMENT